• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Has it been confirmed that Male pokemon can transfer hidden abilities? I have been breeding a lot and the hidden ability from my male poke is not transferring.

Yes, males transferring Hidden Abilities has been confirmed. Are you breeding with Ditto? If you're breeding with Ditto, the Hidden Ability won't transfer. You need to breed the Pokemon with something in its Egg Group that isn't Ditto.

Tenilius

Has it been confirmed that Male pokemon can transfer hidden abilities? I have been breeding a lot and the hidden ability from my male poke is not transferring.

From my experience of breeding a Male Protean Frogadier with a standard Ditto it is definitely confirmed, it came out to be around 75% hidden ability eggs with a sample size of about 6 full boxes.

Kronus09

What is that area above route 22? There's a track with footprints. I always thought it was the victory league but it is not.

ysmr97

What is that area above route 22? There's a track with footprints. I always thought it was the victory league but it is not.

It's the entrance to victory road.

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
From my experience of breeding a Male Protean Frogadier with a standard Ditto it is definitely confirmed, it came out to be around 75% hidden ability eggs with a sample size of about 6 full boxes.

I've been using Male Espurr with it's hidden ability and a female without it. I guess I might try with ditto?

Felmarg

Where can I find the items thick club and stick? I've looked for the answers to this question but I haven't had luck. Thanks!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Where can I find the items thick club and stick? I've looked for the answers to this question but I haven't had luck. Thanks!

On wil/caught Cubone and Farfetch'd

Felmarg

On wil/caught Cubone and Farfetch'd

Is there any other way? I suspected this and caught 5 cubone, but none had thick club. I could use thief, but cubone are somewhat rare, at least it takes me a while to find them.

Mr_Mystery

Man of Mysteries
I did a battle in Battle Mansion, I beat my rival and then I met with Sycamore in Anistar City.
However, I still don't have access to the other Mega Stones, such as Medichamite or Tyranite

Am I missing something?

Tenilius

I did a battle in Battle Mansion, I beat my rival and then I met with Sycamore in Anistar City.
However, I still don't have access to the other Mega Stones, such as Medichamite or Tyranite

Am I missing something?

You can only find them between 8pm and 9pm.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Where do I get the Sun Stone and the Dusk Stone?

Sun Stone is the Enigmatic Stone; take it to the guy who dropped something in Shalour City.

Dusk Stone can be obtained in Terminus Cave and from the Flare Grunt in Laverre City after beating Team Flare.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Is there any other way? I suspected this and caught 5 cubone, but none had thick club. I could use thief, but cubone are somewhat rare, at least it takes me a while to find them.

You have to keep trying. Try Radaring it

Mr_Mystery

Man of Mysteries

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
The only thing you can do ingame with Pokemiles is buying items from the pokemiles vendor.
You can buy the exact same items from the pokemon global link website with your pokedollars, the purchased items will be delivered to you when you next visit a pokemon center after the next game sync.
Thanks. Have you used the new Global Link? Is it possible to change your username there? Also, do gen 5 games still have ability to connect to global link?

greninjamaster

I have a question. I received a japanese ditto via GTS. I'm breeding it with a USA dragonair and the ditto is holding destiny knot. Would that effect the masuda method, the ditto holding that item. I know it takes a while to get the shiny pokemon even with the masuda method but it's way more likely you will get it this way then any other way via breeding.

Jamjam

Ok so if I have a male eevee with anticipation and a female eevee with run away breed, and I give the female an everstone, does that mean theres a 50% chance I will get an egg with the same nature as the female, as well as still having a chance that the egg has anticipation?

Rakurai

Everstone now passes nature 100% of the time.

There would be a chance of getting the hidden ability, as well.