• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Regiultima

Rises with Magnetism
This is a question to those using the Masuda Method.

What do you do with your extra hatchlings? Do you release them, trade on Serebii, etc? I have 7 boxes filled with non-shinies and was wondering what I should do when I get my shiny.

Dragard

I wasn't even there.

What do you do with your extra hatchlings? Do you release them, trade on Serebii, etc? I have 7 boxes filled with non-shinies and was wondering what I should do when I get my shiny.

I Wonder Trade them usually. Never know when you might get something nice. If I get bored or impatient, I'll start releasing them.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
If you breed Pumpkaboo, will the offspring always be the same size as the parent, or can they be any size?

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM

Definitely do Wonder Trade, just like what Dragard said you might get something nice. An if your into shiny hunting using MM then boom you might get Pokemon for a new hunt ;)
But really who know's what you'll get through Wonder Trade. I create teams and I really love just trading off my newly hatched Pokemon that don't quite have the IV's I'm wanting, then in return I might get something I want to use on another team.

Regiultima

Rises with Magnetism
Definitely do Wonder Trade, just like what Dragard said you might get something nice. An if your into shiny hunting using MM then boom you might get Pokemon for a new hunt ;)
But really who know's what you'll get through Wonder Trade. I create teams and I really love just trading off my newly hatched Pokemon that don't quite have the IV's I'm wanting, then in return I might get something I want to use on another team.

I am considering offering the Honedge here on Serebii because all of them are guaranteed a 31 Atk IV and an Adamant nature ;)

dman_dustin

Is it possible to breed egg moves wrong where even if you think you have the right conditions egg moves won't be passed on?

Because I bred a Golbat with Fletchling, and the resulting hatched Fletchling did not have air cutter, so doesn't that mean Fletchling does not have air cutter as an egg move, or going back to my question, did I do something wrong?

ECM

I'd like some advice.

Is it better to have Combee evolve early to have Vespiquen learn Power Gem at level 25? Or should I wait until Combee learns Bug Buzz at level 29 to evolve it? I want Bug Buzz for STAB, but I also want Power Gem for coverage against Fire types... Any thoughts or advice is appreciated.

dman_dustin

I'd like some advice.

Is it better to have Combee evolve early to have Vespiquen learn Power Gem at level 25? Or should I wait until Combee learns Bug Buzz at level 29 to evolve it? I want Bug Buzz for STAB, but I also want Power Gem for coverage against Fire types... Any thoughts or advice is appreciated.

You could evolve Combee at 29 and just use the move relearner for power gem, unless you haven't reached Dendemille City yet, or you only want one.

If that's the case then someone else can help you.

latios reborn

Another question about Looker is there anything I need to do to unlock it? I've beat the league and caught Mewtwo and Zygrade, is there anything else? As all I have at the moment is the real estate guy there

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Another question about Looker is there anything I need to do to unlock it? I've beat the league and caught Mewtwo and Zygrade, is there anything else? As all I have at the moment is the real estate guy there

Yes. Fight one battle in the Battle Maison, battle your rival in Kiloude, upgrade your Mega Ring in Anistar, go to Lumiose. In that order.

ECM

You could evolve Combee at 29 and just use the move relearner for power gem, unless you haven't reached Dendemille City yet, or you only want one.

If that's the case then someone else can help you.

Thanks. That sounds like a good idea. I wasn't sure if Vespiquen could learn Power Gem or not through the move relearner if it never learned it before.

dman_dustin

I think there two things you need to do, upgrade your mega bracelet at Anistar City, and then battle your opposite gender rival at Kiloude CIty (activated I think when you take on the Battle Maison at least once).

Thanks. That sounds like a good idea. I wasn't sure if Vespiquen could learn Power Gem or not through the move relearner if it never learned it before.

Move relearner teaches any move that the Pokemon can learn naturally and prior to the level it is currently at.

It's how certain Pokemon in the past got certain moves, like Gliscor and fire fang.

Last edited:

shadowF

When should I sr for my kalos and kanto starters?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
When should I sr for my kalos and kanto starters?

When you get them? Or do you mean more like when can you save? You can save when you walk into the second city at the beginning of the game to SR for your Kalos starter. You can save BEFORE the fight with Sycamore to get the Kanto one. Keep in mind that the gender of the Pokemon in the battle is not always the same as the one you choose (Sycamore used a male Charmander in the battle for me, but my Charmander was female)

Spencey89

Casual Trainer
Hordes and Honey

Hi, I had a quick look through the threads and the main website but I have not been able to find out where you can collect honey. I want to go on a horde spree and catch pokemon i have not caught yet. Is there a place that sells or spawns honey?

shadowF

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
So when should I save before I get them?

Haha sorry. I pressed the "Reply" button before I finished what I was saying. I didn't mean to be sarcastic.

You can save when you walk into the second city at the beginning of the game to SR for your Kalos starter. You can save BEFORE the fight with Sycamore to get the Kanto one. Keep in mind that the gender of the Pokemon in the battle is not always the same as the one you choose (Sycamore used a male Charmander in the battle for me, but my Charmander was female)

Hi, I had a quick look through the threads and the main website but I have not been able to find out where you can collect honey. I want to go on a horde spree and catch pokemon i have not caught yet. Is there a place that sells or spawns honey?

You get Honey by using Thief on wild Combee. It's easier to just catch an Oddish and use Sweet Scent to find Hordes. Sweet Scent works the same as Honey. :)

Wizardly Oz

Scholar of Insects
I've been chain fishing for a good long while now, with no sparkles.

Is it necessary for you to talk to the fisherman on route 16 before it will take effect? I haven't done so yet, as he is a few gameplay hours away.

e:
NVM I SEE THE SPARKLES. OMG SPARKLES SPARKLES.
Alright, so you can encounter shinies via fish chain without having to talk to the guy. Eeeeeeee~

Last edited: