• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Gardevoir | Timid Nature | Synchronize (Pixilate when Mega) | Gardevoirite
252 Sp. Attack | 4 Sp. Defense | 252 Speed
Moveset: Psychic | Moon Blast | Shadow Ball | Focus Blast

I made this set as an all-out attacking set. Timid nature so you be a bit faster due to Mega Gardevoir's little above average 100 base Speed. Such a shame it can't hold a Choice Scarf to be faster (optional if you just plan on using normal Gardevoir, but its Speed gets cut down to 80, so it's pointless). Psychic gets STAB from Gardevoir and gets rid of any pesky Poison types. Moon Blast also gets STAB and it could be used to defeat the ever present Dragon types. Shadow Ball will help you out with any ghost types if you choose to stay in battle. And Focus Blast is meant to take out Steel types such as Empoleon (not available as of yet) who may be packing Flash Cannon and other Steel types like Ferrothorn.

Ok. I understand the high Sp.Atk,and Speed. But what about 4HP,and the ability Trace? Do you think those were the better opinions?

NaoAgawa

First, Hi everyone I'm new to the forum but I've been on Serebii for a long long time now, read almost everything >-<
I don't see any presentations like post so sorry if I miss it or don't did it...

Second, I have some problems with IV transfer on pokémon X. I've read that if a pokémon hold a Destiny Knot, ether one of the father or the mother will transfer 5 IV to the new born baby.
But, I put a Destiny Knot on my Gliscor (male) with 31 IV in Attack, Defense and Speed and an Everstone on my Adamant Scyther (female) and all the babies are Adamant, but didn't get any 31 IV in Attack, nor Speed nor Defense.

And it's not all, I tried with a Power Bracer to transfer 31 Attack IV to all Adamand Scyther, but no one of the babies get 31 IV in Attack. They get the 31 IV in Speed, Defense or didn't get any IV at all...

They're a change in IV transfer Serebii didn't been aware off yet? Did I do something wrong? Did the IV transfer in pokémon X and Y only work on pokémon of the same species line now?? Thanks for help!

Unredemption

First, Hi everyone I'm new to the forum but I've been on Serebii for a long long time now, read almost everything >-<
I don't see any presentations like post so sorry if I miss it or don't did it...

Second, I have some problems with IV transfer on pokémon X. I've read that if a pokémon hold a Destiny Knot, ether one of the father or the mother will transfer 5 IV to the new born baby.
But, I put a Destiny Knot on my Gliscor (male) with 31 IV in Attack, Defense and Speed and an Everstone on my Adamant Scyther (female) and all the babies are Adamant, but didn't get any 31 IV in Attack, nor Speed nor Defense.

And it's not all, I tried with a Power Bracer to transfer 31 Attack IV to all Adamand Scyther, but no one of the babies get 31 IV in Attack. They get the 31 IV in Speed, Defense or didn't get any IV at all...

They're a change in IV transfer Serebii didn't been aware off yet? Did I do something wrong? Did the IV transfer in pokémon X and Y only work on pokémon of the same species line now?? Thanks for help!

Correct me if I'm wrong: Destiny Knot ensures that a total of 5 IVs from either parent will be passed on to the baby. Meaning to say, 5 of the IVs on the baby would come from its parent (e.g. Atk and Spe come from the male, HP and Def and SpD come from the female - or all 5 from the male or the female) while the last IV (SpA) is randomly generated as per normal.

Not too sure about the Power Bracer, but I believe this means that the 5 IVs chosen by Destiny Knot include Attack - therefore, your Attack stat is chosen from your Scyther (not 31) due to Destiny Knot as opposed to from Gliscor. Again, I'm not very clear on how Destiny Knot + Power Items work in tandem so this is all just theory.

What do I have to do to get the updated Mega Ring? I've beaten the game, so what's next?

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Where can you find the hidden power guy to tell you which one your pokemon gets??, I found him once but now I can't

Thecatteam

Quick question--how many boxes are in the computer in X and Y? I have a weird financial situation and probably won't be able to store in Pokemon Bank.

Battle once in the Battle Maison, defeat your rival in Kiloude City then you can upgrade the ring from Sycamore in Anistar.
Oh, cool thanks!

VainAttempts

Marsh Trainer
Ok. I understand the high Sp.Atk,and Speed. But what about 4HP,and the ability Trace? Do you think those were the better opinions?

Synchronize passes on status conditions and while Trace is good sometimes, you may get an ability you won't benefit from like Truant, Hustle, Guts, etc.

And I only put the remaining four in Sp. Defense since Mega Gardevoir has a pretty good Sp. Defense. Feel free to put it in HP if you want though.

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
How do you get max style?

mizzyshazam

How do I get a Mawile with Pain Split? There aren't any move tutors that can teach it in the game... Is it possible to get Smeargle to sketch the move, breed it with my Mawile and then get it as an egg move?

Daveo100

I like Chesse
How do I get a Mawile with Pain Split? There aren't any move tutors that can teach it in the game... Is it possible to get Smeargle to sketch the move, breed it with my Mawile and then get it as an egg move?
No. There is no way to teach Mawile Pain Split in game right now