• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

TassadarElric

Nincada Breeder
Is there a way to get Shedinja with Swords Dance in Gen 6? Or is it impossible without Gen IV or previous games, as it was in Gen V? :/

Thefourelements

Does all the cafe's have people that will show you a pokemon you haven't seen? or is there only specific ones?>

kazeryuu

Is it true that the chance of getting Shiny will increase if you give the Wandering Minstrel in Parfume Palace(Only this NPC increases the chance of getting a Shiny)? It seems true cause all I know who gave the Wandering Minstrel a Tip got their Shiny pokemons either from wild or Breeding(I personally experienced this). Also unlike other NPC that you can give a Tip the Wandering Minstrel only appears once(Parfume Palace only).

Yumeka

Anime/Pokemon Fan
In Super Training, if I use the Reset Bag on a high level pokemon (like, LV70) and then give it completely different EVs than it had before, will it take a while before I see any major change in its stats? I guess what I'm asking is if there's any advantage in hatching or catching a new pokemon and fully EV training it with Super Training right away, as opposed to raising a pokemon up to a high level, resetting its EVs, then giving it different ones. Will both ways yield basically the same pokemon when it reaches LV100?

sorrowless_joe

In Super Training, if I use the Reset Bag on a high level pokemon (like, LV70) and then give it completely different EVs than it had before, will it take a while before I see any major change in its stats? I guess what I'm asking is if there's any advantage in hatching or catching a new pokemon and fully EV training it with Super Training right away, as opposed to raising a pokemon up to a high level, resetting its EVs, then giving it different ones. Will both ways yield basically the same pokemon when it reaches LV100?

The change comes into effect immediately, allowing you to do it even to level 100 pokemon :) Previously it happened after one level, sometimes letting you see obscene increases at high levels

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Is it true that the chance of getting Shiny will increase if you give the Wandering Minstrel in Parfume Palace(Only this NPC increases the chance of getting a Shiny)? It seems true cause all I know who gave the Wandering Minstrel a Tip got their Shiny pokemons either from wild or Breeding(I personally experienced this). Also unlike other NPC that you can give a Tip the Wandering Minstrel only appears once(Parfume Palace only).

No proof that tips do anything, nor any evidence that provides any connection between the two. There might be, but there's no way to prove it as of now.

The change comes into effect immediately, allowing you to do it even to level 100 pokemon :) Previously it happened after one level, sometimes letting you see obscene increases at high levels

This is exactly correct, but I thought I'd specify that "previously" refers specifcally to Gen 4 and back, in case this causes confusion. Starting Gen 5, you can EV train a Pokemon already at level 100.

GolfDude

i have a breeding question..

i have a male and female drifloon at daycare, but they only make drifloon babies, not a drifblim.. any reason why i cant get drifblim? i had 2 eggs from them, one male, one female driffloon were born, but not the drifblim i want

DKN117

Legend Tamer
Point me in the right direction if this isn't the right thread for this:

I have a Greninja with an Adamant nature, Lv. 44 with 116 ATK and 94 SP.ATK (fully Super-Trained). He currently knows Surf, Thief, Smack Down, and Water Pledge. Now, I eventually plan to replace Thief with Night Slash (unless his Sp. Atk growth outpaces his Atk, in which case Dark Pulse), but that's not what I'm here to talk about.

The thing is: I want to know whether or not to have him know Waterfall and/or Ice Beam. I need Waterfall for overworld item-grabbing, and Ice Beam for whenever I need something that's weak to Ice put down. However, I also have in my PC a Lapras that already knows Ice Beam and is capable of being taught Waterfall (once I get the HM for it, that is).

Greninja is one of three Pokemon who is always in my party; all my other combatants are in rotation, including Lapras. Should I A) teach Greninja Ice Beam and Waterfall, or B) just have Lapras know both and take him out of the PC whenever I need either one, while teaching Greninja two other moves (and if so, what?)?

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
i have a breeding question..

i have a male and female drifloon at daycare, but they only make drifloon babies, not a drifblim.. any reason why i cant get drifblim? i had 2 eggs from them, one male, one female driffloon were born, but not the drifblim i want

Because... Pokemon need to evolve? o_O

Kaiser94

Dragon maker
Strange but when ever I go to the cafés I now get the MSG that my pokedex is full and that I can't see anymore from the guy at front in cillige city(spelt it wrong) abyone know why??

justTDUBBit

Does anybody know of a way to make female pokemon more likely to appear? Trying to abuse friend safari...

Shia

I'm having a weird issue with Friend Safari. I have correctly added other Fcs and them mine, and have ecountered them online in game but their friend safari will not appear at all. Not talking about the "?" over top or the missing 3rd slot. Their safari doesn't appear at all, like as if they've never had one. I've heard there's a limit to the amount of safaris someone can have and they said it was 100?. The thing is only used 40 slots. So, why isn't my friends safari appearing? is it a glitch?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Strange but when ever I go to the cafés I now get the MSG that my pokedex is full and that I can't see anymore from the guy at front in cillige city(spelt it wrong) abyone know why??

The cafes in each city that they appear say the same to me. That means that any Pokemon that they can show you is something you've already seen before. So it's basically a notice to save you from wasting extra money.

Does anybody know of a way to make female pokemon more likely to appear? Trying to abuse friend safari...

Male Cute Charm Pokemon will increase encounters with Female Pokemon.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

If you're looking for females to breed Hidden Abilities, you should know that males can pass down Hidden Abilities as well, now.

I'm having a weird issue with Friend Safari. I have correctly added other Fcs and them mine, and have ecountered them online in game but their friend safari will not appear at all. Not talking about the "?" over top or the missing 3rd slot. Their safari doesn't appear at all, like as if they've never had one. I've heard there's a limit to the amount of safaris someone can have and they said it was 100?. The thing is only used 40 slots. So, why isn't my friends safari appearing? is it a glitch?

Once they're added on your 3DS Friend's List (Meaning they are no longer provisional, you'll see their Mii), that's all you need to do. If you've done this and it's not working, try quitting the game and opening it again.

Shia

Once they're added on your 3DS Friend's List (Meaning they are no longer provisional, you'll see their Mii), that's all you need to do. If you've done this and it's not working, try quitting the game and opening it again.

I've done all that and there's still no change..

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I'm looking for the Deep Sea Scale and Deep Sea Tooth in the Azure Bay, but I can't seem to find them... Anyone knows if I must go on a specific way or something ?

LuzCeleste

Can someone answer me a question?

I have an Eevee with max HP, ATK and SpA breeding with a
Ditto with max SpD, Def and Speed....

I've given one destiny knot, is it possible for the Eevee offspring to inherit 5 max IVs? or will it always just grab all 5 from 1 parent?

Akashin

I'm looking for the Deep Sea Scale and Deep Sea Tooth in the Azure Bay, but I can't seem to find them... Anyone knows if I must go on a specific way or something ?

In the top left there is an opening that winds around and down, leading you to a landing with some grass, TM 81 (I think), and the aforementioned items.

Edit: If my instructions don't help, this shows exactly how to go about it.

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
In the top left there is an opening that winds around and down, leading you to a landing with some grass, TM 81 (I think), and the aforementioned items.

Edit: If my instructions don't help, this shows exactly how to go about it.

Wow, thank you so much!
Now I have both of the items and I also got X-Scissor thanks to you, sweet! :D