• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
Does anyone know where I can find Heart Scales? I can't find it on the main page.

Rakurai

You can steal them from wild Luvdisc as per usual.

They're essentially the ocean's equivalent of Magikarp in this game.

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
Ah cheers.

Drakath569

Fire Dragon Slayer
Uhhh i have both copy of X and Y, do i have the same FC in X and Y or they're different?

Neo_Mametchi

If u both have your own 3ds. Trade your pokemon to his, then switch your game card (or select the other game if its eshop ver) then just trade back.

It uses the same friend code but each game uses it seperatly.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
Does anyone know how i can meet the gang boss in the Lost Hotel on route 16? There's this dude who keeps telling me i'm not dressed properly or something, and he won't let me pass.

Aurath8

Does anyone know how i can meet the gang boss in the Lost Hotel on route 16? There's this dude who keeps telling me i'm not dressed properly or something, and he won't let me pass.

You need to learn all the Rollerskating tricks in Lumiose city. Just go around the place looking for any rollerskaters and talk to them.

Neo_Mametchi

For the Inverse Battle rewards are they random or in a certain order of something? I saved before the battle but every time I got Sitrus Berries.

Thundorz

Magma Maestro
So I've been looking for a Carvanha without success, and any website I check hasn't got the location listed yet... Where can I find this stupid fish?

EDIT: Ignore me, I'm stupid.

Last edited:
For the Inverse Battle rewards are they random or in a certain order of something? I saved before the battle but every time I got Sitrus Berries.
I think you get Sitrus Berries when you do good in the battle (Inver says something like "You understand Inverse Battles". I've had Oran Berries when I don't do good (he says something like "I'm not sure you understand Inverse Battles..."). No idea about other (possible) berries though.

dacrag

in the gts, some japanese traders list HABSV or ABCD. any idea what they mean by this?

H = hit point
A = attack
B = block (defense)
S = speed
C = contact (special attack)
D = defense (special defense)

Don't know V

Akashin

anyone know where /how i can get a second shiny stone in the game.. ? I used the one from route 12 already

I know that they can be gotten from one of the Secret Super Training courses; Roserade's, if I'm not mistaken. Pretty sure there aren't any others in-game besides the Ranch one, but I could be wrong.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
IN PSS, what does the avatar with question mark means? (Besides not being online at the same time for once?)

That's pretty much the only meaning for the avatar, it's to show that the player has not go online at the same time as you.

H = hit point
A = attack
B = block (defense)
S = speed
C = contact (special attack)
D = defense (special defense)

Don't know V

V refers to IV

basically, they're listing the Pokemon's IV

robot76

Sorry if this doesn't belong here, the serebii forums is like a maze to me and couldn't find a battle maison thread via search.

Hey guys need help choosing my 3rd poke for singles in the battle maison. Right now im running a mega blaziken and lantern but having trouble finding a 3rd poke to kill the ground and psychic weaknesses. I was thinking Hydreigon with the darking typing, levitate and massive SpA but its 4x weakness to fairy and my team having no way to easily deal with the fairy type is making me hesitate on him. Anyone have another choice by chance?

kjthek1ng

Not sure if this belongs here or somewhere else. But i caught a Sandile in Friend Safari.

IV-guy says "OUTSTANDING POTENTIAL," Def=Sp.A=Sp.D = "CAN'T BE BEAT" Yet those are actuallly the lowest stats. Here is stats:
Lv 30
Stats: 77/54/38/35/31/52
IVcalc 24, 25, 26 / 20, 21, 22 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 27, 28, 29
Char: Somewhat vain
Nature: Lax

How come the stats with the highest IV's are the lowest stats?? Is it something I am missing?