• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
You can even get the gen 6 starters in the safari?

That's the only way to get them, actually. Aside from breeding, of course.

On a similar note, are hidden ability Pokemon in hordes rare? Hoping to get a Truant Durant to troll the Battle Maison Singles challenge.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Please help me understand why? I don't see any possible reason for wanting Truant on anything. Thank you.

Truant + Entrainment. Gives the opponent Truant, and in the Battle Maison/Subway, the AI doesn't know to switch out. So at that point, you can take out something else to boost with Swords Dance or Quiver Dance when they're loafing off, and use Protect when they're able to attack. Once you get enough boosts, you can outspeed and OHKO almost anything. It's almost foolproof, only stopped by certain strategies like Fake Out users.

Of course, if it's too rare, I can just wait to send over my old one when the Bank comes out.

Last edited:

Neo_Mametchi

I'm confused. I'm trying to breed a Honedge with 4 perfect ivs. I'm breeding a Honedge with perfect Hp, Atk, & Def ivs with another Honedge with perfect Atk, Def, & Sp.Def ivs. One is holding Destiny Knot & the other is holding Everstone. So why am I getting eggs with only perfect Def ivs? Shouldn't perfect Atk & Def ivs be guaranteed since both parents have it?

richi3f

Bug Catcher
Please help me understand why? I don't see any possible reason for wanting Truant on anything. Thank you.
Durant learns Entrainment, which changes the foe's ability to match the user's (i.e., Truant). Since Durant is pretty fast you can use Entrainment to get Truant on the opposing Pokémon, then you can switch Pokémon (the other Pokémon will be loafing, so it's safe). In the next turn you use Protect and then when the other Pokémon is loafing around, you can use a boosting move. You can keep using Protect/boosting move, until you feel it's safe to start attacking. By that time, your sweeper should have a high attacking and speed stat, so it should be easy to win.

Note that this strategy is not flawless. It can fail:
  • If the opposing Pokémon is faster and capable of klling Durant before it uses Entrainment.
  • If the opposing Pokémon is faster or has the Prankster ability and taunts your Durant.
  • If the opposing Pokémon uses Fake Out.
  • If the opponent switches Pokémon (rare).

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Does anyone know where the game developer is? He wants to access your Pokedex iirc but I can't remember where he is. Also, anyone know what he gives you?

Coumarine City, if we're thinking of the same person. In the hotel, and he gives you a diploma for each part of the Pokedex you complete (Central, Coastal, Mountain, all 3, and National). Oval Charm is given to you by Sycamore, though, if you don't have it yet.

Durant learns Entrainment, which changes the foe's ability to match the user's (i.e., Truant). Since Durant is pretty fast you can use Entrainment to get Truant on the opposing Pokémon, then you can switch Pokémon (the other Pokémon will be loafing, so it's safe). In the next turn you use Protect and then when the other Pokémon is loafing around, you can use a boosting move. You can keep using Protect/boosting move, until you feel it's safe to start attacking. By that time, your sweeper should have a high attacking and speed stat, so it should be easy to win.

Note that this strategy is not flawless. It can fail:
  • If the opposing Pokémon is faster and capable of klling Durant before it uses Entrainment.
  • If the opposing Pokémon is faster or has the Prankster ability and taunts your Durant.
  • If the opposing Pokémon uses Fake Out.
  • If the opponent switches Pokémon (rare).

Exactly. Though running Jolly (max Speed IV is assumed) nature with a Choice Scarf should outspeed every single thing in the Maison (it does in the Subway, at least). Never ran into a Prankster problem, though. Seeing as hax is what the facilities are known for, Brightpowder and Quick Claw can still run a sweep as well. If the AI happens to use Protect on the first turn, that's an issue as well, but in my 106 win streak in Subway, that only ever happened once. But yeah, it's almost foolproof, but not perfect.

Icepath

A quick question on breeding for this generation:

If I breed a male/female Pokemon with a non-hidden ability, such as a Poliwag, and a Ditto with a hidden ability, will the eggs have chances of Poliwags with their hidden ability or does that not work? Is it male or female only with the Ditto, or are both compatible?

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury...
Hi guys! I wanted some help with evolveing my murkrow so I needed a dusk stone before the league... got fire, moon, sun, leaf and thunder stones or a big nugget for trade...help?

(I know this is not the right thread but in XY wifi thread it's only for trading pokemons...

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Weren't dream points suppossed to become pokemiles? I used Dream World a fair number of times and I have 0 pokemiles at GL.

Icepath

Hi guys! I wanted some help with evolveing my murkrow so I needed a dusk stone before the league... got fire, moon, sun, leaf and thunder stones or a big nugget for trade...help?

(I know this is not the right thread but in XY wifi thread it's only for trading pokemons...
If you have a Pokemon with Max EV's in Super Training, you can do Secret Training to try to get some of the stones. There are specific ones in each, and there's no guarantee you'll get it the first time. I don't know which level you get the Dusk Stone at, but it's after the Thunderstone if anything.

zozo

SLIMED!
All right, so I've just found out, thanks to this thread, that it's possible to pass down Hidden Abilities from male Pokemon as long as they're breeding with a Ditto. But I was wondering, does this work with genderless Pokemon too?

I'd try it myself but I currently don't have any genderless Pokemon with hidden abilities to try it with.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Is there a VS. Seeker in X&Y? I'm currently running out of money, and I'm unsure of where to rebattle trainers that give a good amount of money.
I used amulet coin and either of the two writs in the Battle Chateau and got like over 200k.

Caleb_W

Is there a VS. Seeker in X&Y? I'm currently running out of money, and I'm unsure of where to rebattle trainers that give a good amount of money.

There isn't a VS. Seeker this generation. What you can do is re-battle trainers in the Battle Chateau everyday and they payout a fairly good sum with an amulet coin.

You can also work at the Hotel Richismme and end up getting paid 50,000 P per job after working there for over a week. That can net you 150,000 P a day.

Spawty

Claimed Golduck!
I used amulet coin and either of the two writs in the Battle Chateau and got like over 200k.

There isn't a VS. Seeker this generation. What you can do is re-battle trainers in the Battle Chateau everyday and they payout a fairly good sum with an amulet coin.

You can also work at the Hotel Richismme and end up getting paid 50,000 P per job after working there for over a week. That can net you 150,000 P a day.

Thanks! I knew there had to be a way to earn money quickly, just couldn't find it :)