• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
Where does one get the hatching power? I have max style but I can't find the O-power guy.

Shiny Espeon0429

Where does one get the hatching power? I have max style but I can't find the O-power guy.

You get it off a backpacker who appears in a random hotel when you have max style. You have to talk to him three times and he appears in a different hotel each day.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
How do shaking spots work? I'm working on the Pokedex and I want to get Audino and Venipede.

Audino and Venipede?

Walk/run/bike directly on the side of those ball-shaped bush lined alongside the main road on Route 6. As soon as you reached the odd one, a Pokemon will jump out on you.

If there's no Pokemon, just go out of Route 6, then re-enter, then walk/run/bike again.

Cafe Introversion.

You get it off a backpacker who appears in a random hotel when you have max style. You have to talk to him three times and he appears in a different hotel each day.

That's Strange Souvenir, not the Hatching O-Power.

Shiny Espeon0429

Walk/run/bike directly on the side of those ball-shaped bush lined alongside the main road on Route 6. As soon as you reached the odd one, a Pokemon will jump out on you.

If there's no Pokemon, just go out of Route 6, then re-enter, then walk/run/bike again.

Thanks, so far I've only found Venipedes though. Are Audinos really rare or do I have to do something else?

EDIT: I've found one, I was just being impatient. Thank you very much! :)

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Thanks, so far I've only found Venipedes though. Are Audinos really rare or do I have to do something else?

Audino is indeed rarer than Venipede. Just keep trying until you find one :)

Shiny Espeon0429

Sorry I got mixed up. :/

And thank you very much, I was just being impatient!

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
Audino and Venipede?

Cafe Introversion.

I don't see him there. I have enough style to enter the boutique and to go in the museum for free.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
how do i max out my style i've done all the jobs at richamise and gotten driven to lumoise press moved by alexa rinse repeat dozens of times mr. O power still isn't showing up i need that hatch power >.>

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Where do you get hidden ability gen 6 pkmn if it's not available in Friend Safari or horde battles? For example, bunnelby.

Burakoru

Belly Slide
Where do you get hidden ability gen 6 pkmn if it's not available in Friend Safari or horde battles? For example, bunnelby.

In specifics; bunnelby can be obtained by breeding a Diggersby that has the hidden ability. Yes, Diggersby is obtainable through Friend Safari last I checked.

If a pokemon isn't available through either ways period, you probably won't be able to obtain it period, right now at least. Who knows, maybe we'll get hidden ability events some time.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
how do i max out my style i've done all the jobs at richamise and gotten driven to lumoise press moved by alexa rinse repeat dozens of times mr. O power still isn't showing up i need that hatch power >.>

Do more of that.

It takes a lot.

If they're not in the Friend Safari or Horde Battles, they're not available.

Diggersby can be found in the Friend Safari.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
In specifics; bunnelby can be obtained by breeding a Diggersby that has the hidden ability. Yes, Diggersby is obtainable through Friend Safari last I checked.

If a pokemon isn't available through either ways period, you probably won't be able to obtain it period, right now at least. Who knows, maybe we'll get hidden ability events some time.
Ah ok, thank you. Forgot about all that, such as looking for it's evo and the fact that it's also ground.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I don't see him there. I have enough style to enter the boutique and to go in the museum for free.

Then you might still have missing O-Power(s). If I recall correctly, in addition to having max style, you also need to have all the other O-Powers.

Also, try performing a Game Sync, then log in into the Global Link for X/Y. Check your Medals, if you have Lumiose Luminary you have max style. If not, then you just need to increase your style a bit more. I know I have access to the boutique long before I have max style.

If you have Lumiose Luminary, have all O-Powers, and you're sure you are visiting the right cafe.....then I don't know what's wrong, sorry ._.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
Does anyone know if Bulbasaur will learn Giga Drain by breeding the same way as Gen V?

DKN117

Legend Tamer
At what weight to Pokemon start making the heavy *thud* upon deployment into battle? I know Tyrantrum, Snorlax, and Lapras do it, and I recall Emboar doing it in Gen. 5.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
So, what's the deal with in-game PokeMiles vs. PGL PokeMiles, exactly? Are they interchangeable?

IceManC86

Man of the Paradox
Does the flabebe family carry over the flower color when bred with ditto?

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
So I got an Adamant Syther with 'good' IVs and I evolved it into Scizor at Lv 2, I infected it with Pokerus and have been Super Training it but it's stats are barely going up. I maxed it's ATK stat and it only went from 11 to 16 what on earth did I do wrong? Should I have leveled it up before Training it?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
So I got an Adamant Syther with 'good' IVs and I evolved it into Scizor at Lv 2, I infected it with Pokerus and have been Super Training it but it's stats are barely going up. I maxed it's ATK stat and it only went from 11 to 16 what on earth did I do wrong? Should I have leveled it up before Training it?

For starters, I don't think PokeRus has any effect on Super Training, secondly, EVs are applied evenly from level 1-100, you wont see the full effect of EVs until level 100.