• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Aetius

I noticed that when I see my Pokèmon's summary, there are some of his stats colored differently.
Is it indication of IV's or something else?

sorrowless_joe

I noticed that when I see my Pokèmon's summary, there are some of his stats colored differently.
Is it indication of IV's or something else?

These are the stats boosted or reduced by your Pokemon's nature. Red for up, Blue for down.

coolerdynastic

Oh, this is really a nice new feature; one that I didn't know about.
Thanks for telling me. :D

I think this feature was introduced since Gen 3,or maybe during FR/LG

Goodraman

Man of 1000 Goomys
this happened in earlier gens too, if you have a copy of black/white look at the stats, some are red and blue as well

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
I think it started at Pokémon Platinum (my Diamond didn't have that feature if I remember correctly).

RoySceptile

Bakaner
Anyone know if the Seedot line get any Poison/Steel type attacks?
Special preferably. Can be through breeding etc.

Thanks.

coolerdynastic

No, with the new feature I was refering to the diferently colored stats, not the natures themselves. XD

Yeah thats what I meant,Im pretty sure it was not introduced in X and Y,it was around Gen 3 or 4

Anyone know if the Seedot line get any Poison/Steel type attacks?
Special preferably. Can be through breeding etc.

Thanks.

The pokedex is your friend

RoySceptile

Bakaner
Yeah thats what I meant,Im pretty sure it was not introduced in X and Y,it was around Gen 3 or 4

The pokedex is your friend

I checked before asking.
My question was more directed at people who have tried looking for egg moves.
Sorry.

coolerdynastic

I checked before asking.
My question was more directed at people who have tried looking for egg moves.
Sorry.

Ohh ok.....so thats what you meant ><

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
I think it started at Pokémon Platinum (my Diamond didn't have that feature if I remember correctly).

I think hg/ss started it.

I'm trying to get into the lumiose boutique. I worked the hotel, visited some cafes, what am I missing?

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Well, me and my friend just kept buying one ball at a time from the Ball Shop. Tedious and long, but got results in a few minutes.

Skydra

Do Flower Veil or Symbiosis have any effect in Single Battles? I was wondering which to use on my Florges for my single battle team; if neither have any effect, I'll just choose Flower Veil in case I repurpose the Florges for Doubles.

Fozzie

King of the Gingers
Here's my question:
So I had a Male Goodra (Quiet) with Sap Sipper and an Everstone equipped, and a Female Goomy (Rash) with Hydration in the day care. Every egg I received hatched into a Quiet Goomy, alternating between Sap Sipper and Hydration as an abililty.
I then heard that Goomy's HA is Gooey which is much better than the other two, so I went into the Friend Safari and caught a Modest Male Sliggoo with Gooey.
So, I tried to MM myself a Shiny Modest Goomy with Gooey, but now every time I try to breed my gooey Sliggoo with my Foreign Hydration Goomy, the egg always seems to have Hydration as an ability, not Gooey.
Is there any way to have Gooey as the egg's ability, or due to being a HA is it impossible to breed one like that?
I['m a noob with Breeding by the way.

Thundorz

Magma Maestro
Is there a page anywhere that shows all available Pokemon for X and Y, as I want to complete as much as possible before PokeBank comes out.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Do Flower Veil or Symbiosis have any effect in Single Battles? I was wondering which to use on my Florges for my single battle team; if neither have any effect, I'll just choose Flower Veil in case I repurpose the Florges for Doubles.

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't believe they have any effect in single battles. I could be wrong, but regardless, I think Flower Veil would be more useful.

Here's my question:
So I had a Male Goodra (Quiet) with Sap Sipper and an Everstone equipped, and a Female Goomy (Rash) with Hydration in the day care. Every egg I received hatched into a Quiet Goomy, alternating between Sap Sipper and Hydration as an abililty.
I then heard that Goomy's HA is Gooey which is much better than the other two, so I went into the Friend Safari and caught a Modest Male Sliggoo with Gooey.
So, I tried to MM myself a Shiny Modest Goomy with Gooey, but now every time I try to breed my gooey Sliggoo with my Foreign Hydration Goomy, the egg always seems to have Hydration as an ability, not Gooey.
Is there any way to have Gooey as the egg's ability, or due to being a HA is it impossible to breed one like that?

Males can pass hidden abilities, but only with a Ditto. For your purposes, you'll need to breed it with a Ditto until you get a female, which passes hidden abilities like in Gen 5.

Is there a page anywhere that shows all available Pokemon for X and Y, as I want to complete as much as possible before PokeBank comes out.

The list of unobtainable Pokemon is the closest thing to what you're asking. There are 125 in this list, 122 if you exclude the Torchic line. 596 is the maximum number obtainable right now.

magentaman

Here's my question:

males can only pass on their hidden ability with a ditto. If you want to breed goomy and goomy and get offspring with gooey, you'll need to find a female with the ability

EDIT: greninja'd...