• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
apparently the chance to get one is ridiculously small, so it's still safe to trade, but then again, Murphy's Law does exist.

I've been reading up on this "Mystery Egg/Bad Egg" thing and it seems like this is a glitch that is just inherent in the game - it has something to do with Gen VI's in-game hack checking mechanism, and if the game decides that you have a hacked Pokemon, then it turns it into a Bad Egg or starts creating them. But some people have gotten the glitch without doing anything wrong, especially since no one has figured out how to hack XY yet.

EDIT: Shine, I see you edited your post and included this. My research on this problem (of which there is almost no information, so no one probably knows the answers to my questions) has shown that it's a glitch within the game. HOWEVER, everyone who claims to have it has Wonder Traded before, so it could be a problem caused by Wonder Trading. Like even if the Pokemon isn't hacked, Wonder Trading might have a glitch in itself that causes your game to think it IS hacked.

Which brings me to my questions: Can your game start to create Bad Eggs if you get a Pokemon from a game that has it? Or if you got a Wonder Trade Bad Egg, does your game start to create them too (like a virus)?

Last edited:

Puma Italia

If I have a Pokemon with the ability Synchronize first in my party, Pokemon I encounter will have a 50% chance of having the same nature as the Pokemon with Synchronize. Correct? I want to make sure of this, so I know I won't be wasting my time.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
If I have a Pokemon with the ability Synchronize first in my party, Pokemon I encounter will have a 50% chance of having the same nature as the Pokemon with Synchronize. Correct? I want to make sure of this, so I know I won't be wasting my time.

That is correct.

LAWLZ FUNNY MAN

Pokemon Trainer
I got a pump kaboom from wonder trade and it evolved. It wanted to learn explosion and phantoms force, which I allowed it to learn. when I checked its summary! it had the moes thst it had when it was traded to me. ???

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Getting Y tomorrow and I have a few questions:

When can you start wonder trading?
When can you go to a friend safari?

You can wonder trade any time.
You can go to the friend Safari after beating the Elite four and Champion.

Question myself, Should I Super train my Aggron in Special Defense or what?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
More on Bad Eggs: I've linked the video of the guy who is the first documented case of having them (in Australia, for anyone who's curious). He clears up a lot of things. He says that:

1. He has both X and Y, and he gets the glitch on both games, independently of each other, without turning on the Wifi on his 3DS. Therefore the glitch is within his system, and he thinks that it has something to do with his SD card.

2. He cannot Wonder Trade OR regular trade the eggs - therefore, anyone who gets them through Wonder Trade is getting them because of a glitch within Wonder Trade, in which people believe that the game changes what it thinks is a hacked Pokemon into a Bad Egg ON THE RECEIVING END. The person who trades the Pokemon does not know that it is a Bad Egg. Also, when you get a Bad Egg in a Wonder Trade, you cannot Wonder Trade it away.

3. His eggs always start in the first box, in the fourth row, in the fourth slot, and he always gets them in between the first and second gym. If you get them via Wonder Trade, they can apparently show up in any box or in your party.

If you want to watch the video, go here.

------------

So, the moral of the story is that they are some sort of glitch that appears when you get bad data, whether it's from your hardware or from a trade. The main problem it poses is that if you get one in a Wonder Trade, you're stuck with it. You cannot get rid of it and if it starts to multiply, you will have to restart your game. He says in the video that it isn't hampering his ability to play, but from what I've read elsewhere, if you keep them around long enough, they will eventually take over the entire PC and make your game unplayable.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
More on Bad Eggs: I've linked the video of the guy who is the first documented case of having them (in Australia, for anyone who's curious). He clears up a lot of things. He says that:

1. He has both X and Y, and he gets the glitch on both games, independently of each other, without turning on the Wifi on his 3DS. Therefore the glitch is within his system, and he thinks that it has something to do with his SD card.

2. He cannot Wonder Trade OR regular trade the eggs - therefore, anyone who gets them through Wonder Trade is getting them because of a glitch within Wonder Trade, in which people believe that the game changes what it thinks is a hacked Pokemon into a Bad Egg ON THE RECEIVING END. The person who trades the Pokemon does not know that it is a Bad Egg. Also, when you get a Bad Egg in a Wonder Trade, you cannot Wonder Trade it away.

3. His eggs always start in the first box, in the fourth row, in the fourth slot, and he always gets them in between the first and second gym. If you get them via Wonder Trade, they can apparently show up in any box or in your party.

------------

So, the moral of the story is that they are some sort of glitch that appears when you get bad data, whether it's from your hardware or from a trade. The main problem it poses is that if you get one in a Wonder Trade, you're stuck with it. You cannot get rid of it and if it starts to multiply, you will have to restart your game. He says in the video that it isn't hampering his ability to play, but from what I've read elsewhere, if you keep them around long enough, they will eventually take over the entire PC and make your game unplayable.

Oh damn, do you think Gamefreak could try to patch this?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus

Well so far, nobody knows exactly what causes it. It's very, VERY rare, and the fact that this guy is getting it on both of his games means that the problem is probably within his personal system. If you were going to get it, it appears that you would have it before you got to the 2nd gym. However, you can apparently get it through Wonder Trade, and it appears that this is a TRUE glitch and was probably not intended to be there. But so far Nintendo/Game Freak have not said anything about this, and for all we know, it's purposely put there to punish bad hacks. So...nobody knows. So far it appears that no one has gotten it through the GTS, which is a good sign. I will personally be avoiding Wonder Trade until an official statement from Nintendo/Game Freak, though.

What I'm curious about is that this game has been out for almost 3 weeks, so why are we just now finding out about this? Maybe it's that rare?

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Well so far, nobody knows exactly what causes it. It's very, VERY rare, and the fact that this guy is getting it on both of his games means that the problem is probably within his personal system. If you were going to get it, it appears that you would have it before you got to the 2nd gym. However, you can apparently get it through Wonder Trade, and it appears that that is a TRUE glitch and was probably not intended to be there. But so far Nintendo/Game Freak have not said anything about this, and for all we know, it's purposely put there to punish bad hacks. So...nobody knows. So far it appears that no one has gotten it through the GTS, which is a good sign. I will be avoiding Wonder Trade until an official statement from Nintendo/Game Freak, though.

Me to, I haven't used it since I heard rumors about it, I usually do GTS anyway. And since I am passed the 2nd gym and not a Bad Egg I guess I am fine.

ClipOwl

Fell off a boat
Hey, I have some questions about foreign Pokemon.
What actually counts towards a pokemon being considered foreign in X & Y? Is it the region of the game card it originated from, or is it the language setting of the game? If it's the latter, does this mean that I could basically play through one o f my games with the language set to Japanese or French or whatever and catch Pokemon to be used for MMing in the other game and have it work? If it's the former, then how can I tell if a Pokemon is truly foreign if people can just set their game cards to be played in a different language than the region of the card?

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Has anyone found the Gardevoirite stone yet? The main site has yet to reveal it's location.

TheGreaterLucario

------------

You know, as I watch this, I'm beginning to think: What if this is due to some of the released cartridges having a bug? As in, only some of the cartridges have a bug that causes this, but can spread the bug to another cartridge if it interacts with it. But yeah, Nintendo DEFINITELY needs to take a look at this. However, he DOES say in the video that since PokeGen for X/Y has been released people are currently, as I'll put it, "putting these Mystery Eggs under the microscope" to try and find out why/how they were caused to appear, I think really all we can do is wait for the results of what they find.

I'm kinda' hoping my "bugged cartridges" theory is correct, because then it's easily fixable.Just give refunds for or offer to replace the cartridges that contain the bug, and release a patch fix for cartridges that, while not containing the bug, have been infected by it.

TheGreaterLucario

Has anyone found the Gardevoirite stone yet? The main site has yet to reveal it's location.

You get it on a Ralts you get from Diantha in a trade.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Hey does anyone know let what Tips do in X and Y. Are they just there to be nice or is there actually something you get if you tip enough?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Hey does anyone know let what Tips do in X and Y. Are they just there to be nice or is there actually something you get if you tip enough?

You do get a Medal on the Global Link, but that seems to be it. There's nothing to suggest that the rumor concerning shiny odds is true either, so I wouldn't bet much on that unless that can somehow be proven.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
You know, as I watch this, I'm beginning to think: What if this is due to some of the released cartridges having a bug? As in, only some of the cartridges have a bug that causes this, but can spread the bug to another cartridge if it interacts with it. But yeah, Nintendo DEFINITELY needs to take a look at this. However, he DOES say in the video that since PokeGen for X/Y has been released people are currently, as I'll put it, "putting these Mystery Eggs under the microscope" to try and find out why/how they were caused to appear, I think really all we can do is wait for the results of what they find.

I'm kinda' hoping my "bugged cartridges" theory is correct, because then it's easily fixable.Just give refunds for or offer to replace the cartridges that contain the bug, and release a patch fix for cartridges that, while not containing the bug, have been infected by it.

That actually sounds like a good reason for why it is happening. Although, has anyone gotten it from the Eshop download? I downloaded mine and didn't get it. This could solve this theory Oh and also I mean getting it without Wonder Trade.

Kreayshawn

Thanks guys

And I remember someone saying how Wonder Trading doesn't cause the Mystery eggs and only happens when something is wrong with your game. I'll try and find it