• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

The OT has no effect on the passing of IVs.

so it just reduces the rate in which you receive eggs then? cause i literally only got 2 eggs from that last breed...

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
so it just reduces the rate in which you receive eggs then? cause i literally only got 2 eggs from that last breed...

As answered just above you, that is correct.

storm 1:08

Custom User Title
RE: Friend Safari On Two Games Played On Same 3DS

You'll technically be a new character, so I expect you will need to see each other online again.
That's kind of what I thought, but still want to confirm with someone since I am curious. The separate FC and PSS friending made me possibly overthink it since new game, new character, do they get a 2nd Friend Safari with the same Pokes since I am using the same 3DS system? Probably not since your safari is registered to your 3DS and not your game. Anyway, kind of hoping I wouldn't have to refriend everyone and have 2 separate safari lists between 2 games... I hope the people on my list are still playing whenever I beat the E4...

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
That's kind of what I thought, but still want to confirm with someone since I am curious. The separate FC and PSS friending made me possibly overthink it since new game, new character, do they get a 2nd Friend Safari with the same Pokes since I am using the same 3DS system? Probably not since your safari is registered to your 3DS and not your game. Anyway, kind of hoping I wouldn't have to refriend everyone and have 2 separate safari lists between 2 games... I hope the people on my list are still playing whenever I beat the E4...

The 3DS only has one friend's list, all 3DS games use it. No matter how many different X/Y carts you use your Friend Safari will always be identical.

Eeveon1316

So...I'm wanting to pump a bunch of Quad-Flawless* Espurr's onto Wonder Trade, but I'm worried about the Mystery Egg thing. Is that a legitimate concern, or just a bunch of people crying "the sky is falling" when it actually isn't? If there's a chance of it, then I probably don't want to risk it. How many actual cases are there? Is it just the one dude on the day after launch or have there actually been multiple instances of it?

*Gotta love that Destiny Knot.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
So...I'm wanting to pump a bunch of Quad-Flawless* Espurr's onto Wonder Trade, but I'm worried about the Mystery Egg thing. Is that a legitimate concern, or just a bunch of people crying "the sky is falling" when it actually isn't? If there's a chance of it, then I probably don't want to risk it. How many actual cases are there? Is it just the one dude on the day after launch or have there actually been multiple instances of it?

*Gotta love that Destiny Knot.

There's always the chance you could get one, but you can just Wonder Trade it away again.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
It is possible to find three Pokemon in your own Friend Safari, right? I've been running around my Safari for who knows how long, but I've only been able to find Sneasel and Delibird. I have, obviously, beaten the Elite Four and I've caught both Sneasel an Delibird (just in case I needed to do that, don't think it mattered though), but still only Sneasel and Delibird. Does it seem to be a glitch or are there additional requirements I'm unaware of or is it just horrible luck?

storm 1:08

Custom User Title
RE: Friend Safari On Two Games Played On Same 3DS

The 3DS only has one friend's list, all 3DS games use it. No matter how many different X/Y carts you use your Friend Safari will always be identical.
Identical safaris except one game (beat E4 already) may have all safaris unlocked whereas the other game (will beat E4 weeks later) may not have the 3rd Pokemon/Hidden Abilities, dependant on if the person is still playing. If that is what I understand...

FireChick

How do you unlock other hairstyles like the ponytail or pig tails?

Kreayshawn

Is there any way to make Foreign Pokemon retain their name when they evolve?
Ex) I have a Japanese Names Larvitar from Wonder Trade, and when it evolves how can I make Pupitars name be in Japanese also. I think someone said the names change back to English when they evolve on your game. I like the Japanese names and I want to know if there is a way to let them keep it

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Ex) I have a Japanese Names Larvitar from Wonder Trade, and when it evolves how can I make Pupitars name be in Japanese also. I think someone said the names change back to English when they evolve on your game. I like the Japanese names and I want to know if there is a way to let them keep it

The only way would be to have it evolve in a Japanese cartridge.

ebevan91

The only way they can keep it is if you trade it back to a Japanese game and it evolves there.

Kokoromori

Isshu's got issues
How do I get Substitute? I would imagine I would get it from the chick in the Pokemon Center in Anistar, but she won't give me anything?

Bluemiracle

Biologist
quick question (kind of stupid regarding EV)

When 2 pokemon participate in a battle will they split the EVs from the fainted pokemon or will they get the exact EV points, each?.

Deraj

Frigid Trainer
There's always the chance you could get one, but you can just Wonder Trade it away again.

Except when you can't.
There are reports of being unable to trade away the Eggs from several people.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
How do I get Substitute? I would imagine I would get it from the chick in the Pokemon Center in Anistar, but she won't give me anything?

Go talk to her during the night (around 2 a.m.).

quick question (kind of stupid regarding EV)

When 2 pokemon participate in a battle will they split the EVs from the fainted pokemon or will they get the exact EV points, each?.

They each get the same EVs.

Boomb0x

Ok, I don't know if this is a dumb question but im asking it anyway because this is bothering me. I have been running the battle mansion to get some of the tm's and items and I keep running into the primeape. I keeps out speeding my entire team and I don't know how that is possible. It out sped a Charizard, Salamence, and Noivern all max EV trained for speed and killed them first turn. My problem is not the he is killing me, i mean stone edge takes out all of those pokemon, my problem is how does it keep going before me every turn. Primeape's base speed is all three of those pokemon who's base speed are 100+ and are ev trained for speed, and he is not setting up trick room. Can anyone give me some insight into this?