• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

NotChip

®™
How exactly do I find and get a hold of the fabled "Strange Souvenir"? The item isn't even listed in Serebii's item dex (in the X / Y item listing page).

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
How exactly do I find and get a hold of the fabled "Strange Souvenir"? The item isn't even listed in Serebii's item dex (in the X / Y item listing page).

Talk to a hiker at the hotels(He changes which one he's at each day) for a few days then he'll give it to you.

Rio!

Composer
I realize this has been asked countless time, but I'm about at my wit's end with the 'maximum style'. I am trying to obtain the almighty Hatching O-power.
This is what I've done so far:

- Already purchased the second starter mega-stone @ 150,000
- Style Furfrou
- Bought 300 premier/luxury balls total *done individually*
- Obtained the other 15 O-Powers

Showed up at the Introversion Cafe and nada. XD
I'm also at the point where I receive 50% discounts from the Taxi service and I've been able to get into the Lumoise Boutique.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tenilius

I realize this has been asked countless time, but I'm about at my wit's end with the 'maximum style'. I am trying to obtain the almighty Hatching O-power.
This is what I've done so far:

- Already purchased the second starter mega-stone @ 150,000
- Style Furfrou
- Bought 300 premier/luxury balls total *done individually*
- Obtained the other 15 O-Powers

Showed up at the Introversion Cafe and nada. XD
I'm also at the point where I receive 50% discounts from the Taxi service and I've been able to get into the Lumoise Boutique.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You have to own all other O-powers and have completed the Looker sidequest.

Rio!

Composer
You have to own all other O-powers and have completed the Looker sidequest.

Ooh so it's the side-quest I'm just missing then. Thank you very much!

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Just trying to clarify as I'm confused on things.

Basically I want to hatch a mr mime with technician (being it's ha). I'd also like it to be born with the level up moves barrier, doubleslap, light screen, and reflect.

Now it used to be that both parents had to know the level up moves for the baby to be born knowing them. Also, females were the ones needed to pass on the ha.

So if I use say an imposter ditto with a mr mime of any gender without technician but with the level up moves barrier, doubleslap, relct, and light screen, if I keep trying, will I hatch a technician mr mime with those level up moves?

Or am I totally misunderstanding breeding. >.<

BCVM22

The Mr. Mime would need to have Technician; the Hidden Ability has to have some sort of hereditary basis if you're trying to pass it down by breeding.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
The Mr. Mime would need to have Technician; the Hidden Ability has to have some sort of hereditary basis if you're trying to pass it down by breeding.

thank yous

Thecatteam

Can I get the Lansat and Starf berries from regular single battles or do I have to participate in Super Single battles?

Second repost :/

Super Singles; the regular singles caps at a 20-win streak.

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
Question. I've been breeding ****loads of Hoppip hoping to get my desired IVs and I really want 31 IV for its Attack so I had the mother who has perfect Attack hold the Power Brace but so far none of the offspring has one. I thought whoever holds the power item or is the IV going to be inherit from the father? Frustrated here..

Au Au

A lil bit ditzy
Where and how do I find a Dusk Stone here in the game? Does the Stone Emporium sell them on specific days?

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Question. I've been breeding ****loads of Hoppip hoping to get my desired IVs and I really want 31 IV for its Attack so I had the mother who has perfect Attack hold the Power Brace but so far none of the offspring has one. I thought whoever holds the power item or is the IV going to be inherit from the father? Frustrated here..

Destiny knot'll give you 5. Dunno if that helps much.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero

If the other parent is holding another Power Item or Destiny Knot, I believe they cancel each other out.

Rio!

Composer
Huh? I have the Hatching O-Power and I have yet to do the Looker sidequest...

However, I'm pretty sure there's sixteen other O-Powers, not fifteen, though.

Just want to tell you, thanks! I took a look and noticed I was only missing the 'Encounter' O-Power, and once I got back and visited the cafe, there was my last one!

dragonfoxmem

Beginning Trainer
I am trying to finish my collection on Friend Safari. I am already got so frustrated over GameFAQs board. I keep bumping my topic over there, but my topic drowned way too fast. Also I see that your topic section of Friend Safari has closed recently, which disappointed me even more.... My friend safari won't help anyone because those pokemon are too common that everyone already have (Swalot, Gloom, and Drapion). I only need like 11 more Pokemon from friend safari....

lavanda

Really feeling it
A question: can a male Nidoran with Hustle breed with a Ditto (or a female Nidoran) and pass the ability to a female Nidoran?

Last edited:

Akashin

Just want to tell you, thanks! I took a look and noticed I was only missing the 'Encounter' O-Power, and once I got back and visited the cafe, there was my last one!

Ah, good. Glad I could help.

A question: can a male Nidoran with Hustle breed with a Ditto (or a female Nidoran) and pass the ability to a female Nidoran?

No, as they are two separate species. You'll have to try to find a female Nidoran in a horde battle and hope you get lucky if you want Hustle on it.