• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
Apologies if this has been covered, but is there a way of stopping the Daycare deleting an egg move?

I did hear it suggested that as long as you don't take the pokemon out, and as long as it had the egg move when going in, the newly hatched pokemon will still have the egg move. Can anyone confirm this?

Unredemption

ummmm.....could anyone help me build my pokemon x party? i starters are froakie and charmander

I'd love to help you, but honestly there are endless possibilities with just those two starters, and any team I create would be based on my preferences and not yours. Perhaps you could start by reading about the different Pokemon that appear in Kalos (here) then see what you prefer?

Apologies if this has been covered, but is there a way of stopping the Daycare deleting an egg move?

I did hear it suggested that as long as you don't take the pokemon out, and as long as it had the egg move when going in, the newly hatched pokemon will still have the egg move. Can anyone confirm this?

Not as far as I know. However, egg moves can now be re-learned via the Move Relearner (via the usual Heart Scale) even if they were deleted, if that solves your problems...

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
The berryfields page says you can get berries through (colour) Berry Trees - Wild Encounters.

What does that mean - wild encounters with the bug pokemon that are in the trees? Do they hold the berry?

Or do I have it completely wrong? :)

No. That isn't what it means. I don't notice if you have noticed but sometimes when you are battling a wild pokemon or trainer on different routes things like Trees, Sand Piles, Rocks, etc will be in the background behind your oppodent. You can use certain Pokemon attacks (like Air Slash, Surf, and Rock Slide) to get items from those objects at the end of the battle. That is what that page is referring to when it talks about berries in Wild Encounters. If you go to the X and Y Section on hte main Page look for Wild Item Mechanics under the Mechanics Section. that will explain everything to you or your son.

ashunicole

Okay I have several questions. What is the point in suction cup when chaining fish I know what the ability says it does but I haven't noticed any fish with a move that will take them from battle. Is it supost to help with keeping fish on the line? Because if that's the case I've still hadthe msg I was to slow also I've never gotten a msg saying the fish got away. Does the Pokemon w ability have to be in front been doing it just in case but would like to put another there.

Now I have another question set lol the dusk stone and shiny stone you get from super training do you only get them once and if not do you only get them once per pokemon. Thanks in advance for all the help

Virtual Headache

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Okay I have several questions. What is the point in suction cup when chaining fish I know what the ability says it does but I haven't noticed any fish with a move that will take them from battle. Is it supost to help with keeping fish on the line? Because if that's the case I've still hadthe msg I was to slow also I've never gotten a msg saying the fish got away. Does the Pokemon w ability have to be in front been doing it just in case but would like to put another there.
It will increase the chance of bites when fishing. The Pokémon needs to be in the first space but it can also be defeated.

Now I have another question set lol the dusk stone and shiny stone you get from super training do you only get them once and if not do you only get them once per pokemon. Thanks in advance for all the help
There is no limit. You can get it unlimited times with the same Pokémon (has already worked for me multiple times).

AlexKZ

So two questions regarding breeding. I'm not that big a fan of various poke balls on my breeder pokes. I prefer the original way. That being said, if I breed a female Duskull in a Duskball with a Ditto in a Pokeball, what with the baby come in? Second question, I want Frisk on the baby Duskull, but the female has Levitate (Pressure). I've got a Male Dusclops with Frisk. If I breed them together, is there a chance I can get a a baby Frisk Dusclops?

Everlasting

Everything stays.
So two questions regarding breeding. I'm not that big a fan of various poke balls on my breeder pokes. I prefer the original way. That being said, if I breed a female Duskull in a Duskball with a Ditto in a Pokeball, what with the baby come in? Second question, I want Frisk on the baby Duskull, but the female has Levitate (Pressure). I've got a Male Dusclops with Frisk. If I breed them together, is there a chance I can get a a baby Frisk Dusclops?

- I think when bred with a Ditto, the baby inherits a normal Pokéball, or in what ball Ditto's been caught, but I'm not too sure.
- To get hidden abilities from the male, it must be bred with a Ditto. Otherwise, it won't work, and the baby will only get Levitate (then Pressure by evolution).

Last edited:

WaffleCopter

<-- Kamehameha!!!
It looks like no one has said anything about the RNG exploit thing with eggs. Played around with it last night, and found someone with the same Trainer Shiny Value as my Egg's Shiny Value. Had them hatch it and it was a shiny. Not sure if I am able to post a link to a guide or not, but it definitley works as long as you find someone trustworthy to hatch the egg and trade it back.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Does Anyone know where I can find Cottonee or Whismscott?

Puma Italia

Is there any way to confirm a certain Pumpkaboo size? Also, if you were to breed a specific size, would the babies all turn out to be that size?

srullic

So I heard that females can now pass egg moves. Will the move pass 100% of the time? if not what are the chances?

Does anyone know if the patch for x any y works for the cartrage version or just the downloaded version?

The Exalt

Original
Where can I find Larvesta in Pokemon Y?