• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

FiereZero

Alrighty so I've been breeding and breeding in x and y with a shiny quilladin from another country so I hop into a friends fs and bam a shiny appears naturally I'm all like cool a shiny but now I'm wondering if my encounter with that shiny rest my work with the whole process of the mm idk where to post it so could I get a helping hand here

Earendil

What functions of the Generation VI Global Link have an in-game impact or effect? All I have been able to find out is that one is able to cash in Poke Miles there; is there something else that I am missing?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Alrighty so I've been breeding and breeding in x and y with a shiny quilladin from another country so I hop into a friends fs and bam a shiny appears naturally I'm all like cool a shiny but now I'm wondering if my encounter with that shiny rest my work with the whole process of the mm idk where to post it so could I get a helping hand here

There's no progress with MM. It's a percentage chance, just like anything else.

What functions of the Generation VI Global Link have an in-game impact or effect? All I have been able to find out is that one is able to cash in Poke Miles there; is there something else that I am missing?

That's it.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
When are the IVs and nature generated for the legendary birds?
I know that you encounter them a few times in the wild like roamers but then the final encounter where you can actually capture them is in a fixed location. Are the IVs generated then or no?

They're generated at Sea Spirit's Den.

Incandenza

schlemihl
Is there an easy method to cease rainfall at will? I wanna EV my Talonflame but it's raining on Route 14 so no Bellsprout hordes. D:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Is there an easy method to cease rainfall at will? I wanna EV my Talonflame but it's raining on Route 14 so no Bellsprout hordes. D:

If you change the clock on the 3DS, the weather should change, though I don't recommend it if you do daily events, as it'll stop them for a day or two.

DKN117

Legend Tamer
I heard that Honedge can only evolve into Doublade by hitting Level 35 upon defeating another Honedge. And yet, the main site currently says that reaching Lv. 35 is the only requirement. Which is it?

Incandenza

schlemihl
I heard that Honedge can only evolve into Doublade by hitting Level 35 upon defeating another Honedge. And yet, the main site currently says that reaching Lv. 35 is the only requirement. Which is it?
Simply reaching Level 35 will do, speaking from experience as I used Aegislash on my playthrough.

Kreayshawn

How do I infect my other Pokes with pokerus? I have it on one and I'm struggling to make it spread

Ixeilon

PKMN Breeder
How do I infect my other Pokes with pokerus? I have it on one and I'm struggling to make it spread

Do some wild battles. Should spread after a couple. Kinda random though.

Kreayshawn

Do some wild battles. Should spread after a couple. Kinda random though.

Thanks. I checked my poke and saw it had a smiley face and finally figured out that wasn't the contagious one which is why it wasn't spreading. Thankfully I had one that had the infectable one and now have my poke infected.

shoyru

well they almost always have hidden abilities, but they were all holding the Weakness Policy, which I thought was strange. Scolipede had speed boost as its ability and I'm not sure if that is scolipedes hidden ability or not but i thought it was strange. This trainer is the online version of Essentia, no joke

shoyru

I'm confused about why you're having this problem, because in X and Y, you have the PSS system where you can choose anyone on the screen to battle with. What you're describing sounds like a Black/White problem, because in Gen V, you have no control over who you battle. If someone in XY has hacked Pokemon, why don't you just refuse to battle with that person, and battle with someone else?

The same thing is happening to all the trainers in my pss. I'm pretty sure whoever has hacked the online battle system has made it so every time i try to online battle, i battle against him and also every trainer in my pss is him. This person is the online version of Essentia x 20. Impossible to beat. lol and i promise this isn't an operator problem ^.^

Kreayshawn

Is the Battle Institute easier for BP? Or what.

alejandrawr

Is the Battle Institute easier for BP? Or what.

Depends on your team tbh. The battle institute gives 16 BP max for 5 battles, only the last 1 or 2 presenting any challenge whatsoever. One runthrough of singles at the Battle Maison gets you something like 48 BP (IIRC) for 20 battles, with only one or two if the last five being tricky. Super Singles/Dubs at the Maison gives you probably the most BP - 2 per battle + 1 per streak of ten. So 20 BP for the first 10 battles, 30 for battles #11-20, 40 for #21-30, etc. If you've got an OP team like Speed Boost Blaziken, and other Uber-worthy(butnottechnicallybanned) pokemon, go Battle Maison.