• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Depends on your team tbh. The battle institute gives 16 BP max for 5 battles, only the last 1 or 2 presenting any challenge whatsoever. One runthrough of singles at the Battle Maison gets you something like 48 BP (IIRC) for 20 battles, with only one or two if the last five being tricky. Super Singles/Dubs at the Maison gives you probably the most BP - 2 per battle + 1 per streak of ten. So 20 BP for the first 10 battles, 30 for battles #11-20, 40 for #21-30, etc. If you've got an OP team like Speed Boost Blaziken, and other Uber-worthy(butnottechnicallybanned) pokemon, go Battle Maison.

To add a small thing to that, the Truant Durant Entrainment strategy alongside a Quiver/Dragon Dance + Protect partner also makes it easier to get a long streak going and get easy BP. Really time-consuming though, so it's only really worth it for later rounds or once you reached the 7 BP per win cap. But yeah, I second this post.

Zorupix

Master of Illusions
Okay, this is perplexing me. I've been breeding Eevees and found one with stats and nature that I like for an Umbreon. I've used Pokemon Amie to max out its Affection, and at writing, it is 2am in the morning, so it is obviously night time. I've leveled my Eevee 5 times so far and no evolution. I know that five hearts is 250, which I have my Eevee at, and that the minimum needed is 220. Did Gamefreak add in a minimum level that Eevee has to be at in order to evolve into Umbreon/Espeon?

coolerdynastic

Okay, this is perplexing me. I've been breeding Eevees and found one with stats and nature that I like for an Umbreon. I've used Pokemon Amie to max out its Affection, and at writing, it is 2am in the morning, so it is obviously night time. I've leveled my Eevee 5 times so far and no evolution. I know that five hearts is 250, which I have my Eevee at, and that the minimum needed is 220. Did Gamefreak add in a minimum level that Eevee has to be at in order to evolve into Umbreon/Espeon?

maxing affection will trigger the evolution into Sylveon
You need to provide happiness to the Eevee such as Vitamins, Massage at Cyllagae City, and walking around having it in the party
I got an Umbreon at lvl 3

Zorupix

Master of Illusions
So affection and happiness are separate then. That...makes no sense.

coolerdynastic

If that were the case, how is Eevee is going to evolve into a Sylveon when it can be evolved into Umbreon/Espeon using the same method

Aetius

If that were the case, how is Eevee is going to evolve into a Sylveon when it can be evolved into Umbreon/Espeon using the same method

Eevee doesn't evolve in Sylveon with the same method required to evolve it into an Umbreon or Espeon.
Eevee will evolve into after reaching the max affection with Pokèmon Amie and nothing else.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Eevee doesn't evolve in Sylveon with the same method required to evolve it into an Umbreon or Espeon.
Eevee will evolve into after reaching the max affection with Pokèmon Amie and nothing else.

I've been wondering about this myself too. Assuming they're both at max friendship and affection, and had a fairy move, who will be the priority evolution? I'm guessing it should be Sylveon, but I really haven't tried.

Aetius

I've been wondering about this myself too. Assuming they're both at max friendship and affection, and had a fairy move, who will be the priority evolution? I'm guessing it should be Sylveon, but I really haven't tried.

I believe the last thing you did will have the priority(I know, it's strange).
For example I had caputred an Eevee at level 16 and leveled him up to 36; it was then that I decided to evolve him into Sylveon.
I raised its affection with Pokèmon Amie and it evolved into Sylveon.

magentaman

I tested this previously,

Glaceon/Leafeon take top priority, then Sylveon, then espeon/Umbreon

TheTurboTornado

I suppose you have to level Inkay up while holding the 3ds upside down after lv 30(hold 3ds upside down, level up, let evolve, hold 3ds normally again). I'm not 100% sure, but i suppose it would work

Last edited:

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Well you can still evolve one with max affection to esp/umbreon as long as it doesn't have any fairy moves.

Yup, but I mean we're assuming it can evolve into all of it's -eon forms. This is quite good to know, as the evolution animation this generation really leaves no clue on what it's going to turn out into until it has actually evolved.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
Hi
I'm trying to understand IV better...
I know they can make big difference in a pokemon

How do you determine IV's? The calculator on the main site won't let me enter the pokemon I want to know about.

Is there some way of knowing which IV are 31 in the game safari pokemon?

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Hi

How do you determine IV's? The calculator on the main site won't let me enter the pokemon I want to know about.

Kiloude City's Pokémon Center has the Stat Judge. He'll say which stats have the highest IVs.

Hi

There's a man in the pokémon center of that city that can valuate your pokémon IVs. Google "IV judge" and you should find more info.

By the way, I noticed a mistake about TAILWIND.
The description on the site says: "Increases SPEED of all user's Pokémon for three turns by one stage." But it actually is two stages (the speed gets doubled) and from gen 5, it lasts for four turns.
(dunno if this is the right topic to write this)

Kreayshawn

How many characters can a nickname have? I want to nickname a Bunnelby/Diggersby "Cee Lo Green" (12 characters)

Räven Velish

black lives matter
There is a Game Freak guy, I think in the Coumarine City Hotel, that says to come back after you've completed your Pokedex. What does he give you?