• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
There is a Game Freak guy, I think in the Coumarine City Hotel, that says to come back after you've completed your Pokedex. What does he give you?

Considering it's impossible to complete the National Dex at this point, no one knows.

neto333

How can i cure my pokemons from the pokerus, i know that is something good, but i don´t want to spread the virus to my otheer pokemons.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
Where do you get the Scope Lens? I remember getting the Wide Lens from a guy who said if I came back at another time of day he'd give me another item but I don't remember where he was. The site says Shutterbug Café but I can't find him in there.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
if i breed a vivillon with a ditto will it have the same pattern when it evolves?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
How can i cure my pokemons from the pokerus, i know that is something good, but i don´t want to spread the virus to my otheer pokemons.

You can't cure them, you can wait until it becomes non-contagious, but you wont be able to play your game until it is.

if i breed a vivillon with a ditto will it have the same pattern when it evolves?

No, it will have whatever pattern corresponds to your region.

How many characters can a nickname have? I want to nickname a Bunnelby/Diggersby "Cee Lo Green" (12 characters)
The max is 12 characters now, so yeah, that would be possible.

PsychedelicJellyfish said:
Where do you get the Scope Lens? I remember getting the Wide Lens from a guy who said if I came back at another time of day he'd give me another item but I don't remember where he was. The site says Shutterbug Café but I can't find him in there.
I don't know if this has been confirmed or not, but I remember someone mentioning him giving the different lenses depending on how many photo's you've taken in the Photo Spots. I got both Scope and Wide Lens on my first try, from the same guy in Shutterbug Café, but I don't know if it really has anything to do with the photo's. I had just taken photos in every spot really.

luigiis

Luck of Penguins
What does SVP and LF mean? I've seen people use them in the PSS.

Austratus

a paper man
LF usually means "looking for", SVP is "please" (as in "s'il vous plait" from French).

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
What happens if someone levels up an Eevee with a Fairy type move with max friendship and max affection overnight near a Moss Rock?

Kreayshawn

What happens if someone levels up an Eevee with a Fairy type move with max friendship and max affection overnight near a Moss Rock?

Someone on another page said Priority is:

Leafeon/Glaceon -> Sylveon -> Espeon/Umbreon

So it would evolve into a Leafeon I'm guessing

Austratus

a paper man
Minor interjection: you don't need your Affection at max to trigger an evolution into Sylveon. Two hearts is enough (as long as Eevee has Baby-Doll Eyes or another Fairy move as it levels.)

The Exalt

Original
where do I get the other fossils? Like Aerodactyl and others.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
If I have a maxed out friend list and delete a card
a. Will that person still have access to my friend safari - all 3 pokemon in their game?
b. Will I loose their game safari in mine?
c. If I don't loose their game safari what happens when I add another friend?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
If I have a maxed out friend list and delete a card
a. Will that person still have access to my friend safari - all 3 pokemon in their game?
b. Will I loose their game safari in mine?
c. If I don't loose their game safari what happens when I add another friend?

1. No
2. Yes

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Let's say I breed a male Squirtle with Aura Sphere/Dragon Pulse/Aqua Jet/Fake Out with a female Squirtle knowing Aqua Ring/Haze/Mirror Coat/Foresight.

Which Egg Moves get inherited?

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I seem to recall in older gens Pokemon that evolved via happiness like Magby and such would auto-evolve by some point in the 30s if the happiness quota wasn't reached.

Does that still happen?

If not, what's the best way to get happiness fast?

Magby doesn't evolve by happiness, it never has, and no Pokemon auto evolves at some point if a happiness quota isn't reached, it just won't evolve.

Best I've found is if you hatch it at L1, and just level it up really fast to around 20, that usually does the trick for me. You could also buy a lot of vitamins, but that's much more expensive.

Let's say I breed a male Squirtle with Aura Sphere/Dragon Pulse/Aqua Jet/Fake Out with a female Squirtle knowing Aqua Ring/Haze/Mirror Coat/Foresight.

Which Egg Moves get inherited?

Assuming you could get those combos of egg moves, I think the father's moves take precedence over the mothers.

Last edited: