• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

DKN117

Legend Tamer
If I'm going around fighting wild Pokemon, with two Pickup Pokemon in my party, one of whom is fighting:

1. Will only the one who fights have a chance to pick an item up, or does the non-combatant have a chance to as well?

2. Do I have to finish the fight, i.e. KO the Wild Pokemon - to get an item? Or might I still get a pickup item if I run?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
1. Will only the one who fights have a chance to pick an item up, or does the non-combatant have a chance to as well?

Any Pokemon with Pickup in your party can pick up items.

2. Do I have to finish the fight, i.e. KO the Wild Pokemon - to get an item? Or might I still get a pickup item if I run?

You should be able to receive items after running.

Vizion

I need item/move pool suggestions for this team-

Hydreigon
Carracosta
Volcarona
Nidoking (or Gliscor?)
Gardevoir
Magnezone

Feel free to switch any pokemon out for a pokemon you think would suit the team better.

Last edited:

feelingdand

I need item/move pool suggestions for this team-

Hydreigon
Carracosta
Volcarona
Nidoking
Gardevoir
Magnezone

Your free to switch any pokemon out for a pokemon you think would suit the team better.

It's not for competitive use now but I may be using it in competitive battling later

I'll bite....

Hydreigon: Draco Meteor, Dark Pulse, Flamethrower/Fire Blast, Focus Blast with Choice Scarf/Specs
Carracosta: Aqua Jet, Shell Smash, Stone Edge, Scald?(maybe) with a White Herb
Volcarona: Quiver Dance, Fiery Dance/FLamethrower/Heat Wave, Bug Buzz, Hurricane with Focus Sash/Band
Nidoking: Flamethrower, Earth Power, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam with Life Orb (assuming Life Orb with Sheer Force thing still works)
Gardevoir: Psychic, Moonblast, Calm Mind, Charge Beam/Energy Ball/Thunderbolt with Mega Stone
Magnezone: Charge Beam, Flash Cannon, Discharge/Volt Switch, Hidden Power (Fire or Ice) with Leftovers

Maybe have more Physical Attacking Pokemon. I think Garchomp would be better than Hydreigon. Maybe Metagross for Magnezone

Last edited:

Vizion

I love your metagross suggestion, and I was thinking about Garchomp before lmao. Anyway, thanks for the great item and move suggestions and I'll keep everything in mind :)

Last edited:

Shadow of Umbreon

Waiting for Y
So after learning Masudo Method breeding to get a shiny i thought I'd give it a shot. But i wanted to know, do both pokemon have to be of a foreign country or just one? Im currently breeding a jap charizard with a ditto thats OT me. (So far i have three boxes of charmanders, and nothin yet.) If i take out the pokemon, would it some how cancel the work that i have put in already to try getting a shiny, if that makes sense. Like the chance of getting it shiny reset?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
So after learning Masudo Method breeding to get a shiny i thought I'd give it a shot. But i wanted to know, do both pokemon have to be of a foreign country or just one? Im currently breeding a jap charizard with a ditto thats OT me. (So far i have three boxes of charmanders, and nothin yet.) If i take out the pokemon, would it some how cancel the work that i have put in already to try getting a shiny, if that makes sense. Like the chance of getting it shiny reset?

You're doing MM the best way possible - breed a Japanese/Korean/other language Ditto with one of your own Pokemon. It will also work if you put two Pokemon of different languages/countries that aren't yours in the Daycare, but it's easiest to do it with one of your Pokemon and one of another language. So you're doing it right, essentially.

Taking out the Pokemon doesn't decrease your chances of getting a shiny. It's ~1/600 (or so we believe) no matter how long the Pokemon are in the Daycare and no matter how often you switch them around.

Shadow of Umbreon

Waiting for Y
You're doing MM the best way possible - breed a Japanese/Korean/other language Ditto with one of your own Pokemon. It will also work if you put two Pokemon of different languages/countries that aren't yours in the Daycare, but it's easiest to do it with one of your Pokemon and one of another language. So you're doing it right, essentially.

Taking out the Pokemon doesn't decrease your chances of getting a shiny. It's ~1/600 (or so we believe) no matter how long the Pokemon are in the Daycare and no matter how often you switch them around.

LOL!!! I'm freaking out right now. Not more than 3 eggs later....I got a shiny charmander! XD

Thank you for your help. :)

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Pssst... Hey you, yes you. Is it possible to get another Absolite? I accidentally released the Absol that was holding it. Wh... Why are you laughing at me? Come on, do you know how? I spent hours trying to re-organize all my boxes by Pokédex number. I'm NOT doing all that again! Don't laugh at my expenses! Aaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhh!! I don't mind since I have both X and Y so I can just share it between the two, but FFFFFFFFOOOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!

*hides into dirty and dark Lumiose City alleyway

LLR

Vivillon Trader
I think I'm missing something...
Piloswine evolves to Mammoswine with Ancient Power and if I recall correctly in past games that was at 33.

But it isn't listed as a level up move...do I need to go to the move re-learner to get Ancient Power in this game?

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
Pssst... Hey you, yes you. Is it possible to get another Absolite? I accidentally released the Absol that was holding it. Wh... Why are you laughing at me? Come on, do you know how? I spent hours trying to re-organize all my boxes by Pokédex number. I'm NOT doing all that again! Don't laugh at my expenses! Aaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhh!! I don't mind since I have both X and Y so I can just share it between the two, but FFFFFFFFOOOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!

You could probably find someone who doesn't use his Absolite and trade a shiny or something for it.

I think I'm missing something...
Piloswine evolves to Mammoswine with Ancient Power and if I recall correctly in past games that was at 33.

But it isn't listed as a level up move...do I need to go to the move re-learner to get Ancient Power in this game?

Yes.

MarioGamer159

Is there an ability or something to make certain sizes of Pumkaboos appear? I'm planning on chaining for a shiny one, but only a super sized one would actually be useful in my team.

Solar Faber

Fox of the moon

no you cant but I have 2 you can have one of mine for free if you want

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
Just wondering, since the Oval Charm is back, will the Shiny Charm be in the X and Y games? I know we will likely have to catch every pokemon in the national dex so currently that is impossible. I feel like it will be returning since the Oval Charm is in the game. Is there any confirmation on this? Or has it been proven somehow that it isn't in the game?

Solar Faber

Fox of the moon
Just wondering, since the Oval Charm is back, will the Shiny Charm be in the X and Y games? I know we will likely have to catch every pokemon in the national dex so currently that is impossible. I feel like it will be returning since the Oval Charm is in the game. Is there any confirmation on this? Or has it been proven somehow that it isn't in the game?

as far I know it is not know to be or not to be in the game yet guess we will have to wait and see

Vizion

I'll bite....

Hydreigon: Draco Meteor, Dark Pulse, Flamethrower/Fire Blast, Focus Blast with Choice Scarf/Specs
Carracosta: Aqua Jet, Shell Smash, Stone Edge, Scald?(maybe) with a White Herb
Volcarona: Quiver Dance, Fiery Dance/FLamethrower/Heat Wave, Bug Buzz, Hurricane with Focus Sash/Band
Nidoking: Flamethrower, Earth Power, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam with Life Orb (assuming Life Orb with Sheer Force thing still works)
Gardevoir: Psychic, Moonblast, Calm Mind, Charge Beam/Energy Ball/Thunderbolt with Mega Stone
Magnezone: Charge Beam, Flash Cannon, Discharge/Volt Switch, Hidden Power (Fire or Ice) with Leftovers

Maybe have more Physical Attacking Pokemon. I think Garchomp would be better than Hydreigon. Maybe Metagross for Magnezone

If I changed the Nidoking to Roserade what item/moveset would you use for her? I thought of a pretty decent set and want to compare. :)

mychemro

Dragon Trainer
Hi, I am horrible at breeding but Im planning on trying for a Shiny Riolu with Hi-Jump Kick. If I am able to breed a female Riolu with Hi-Jump Kick and evolve it into Lucario then breed it with a male Lucario will Hi-Jump Kick be passed down?