• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Solar Faber

Fox of the moon
Can someone plz trade me a foreign pokemon that's timid and in the field egg group? It doesn't matter who it is. pm me back if your willing to help :D

where do you live I cant trade you a foreign if you live in the usa else where is fine

Kitsuneko

I read the article about Hidden Power on Serebii already but I'm wondering if the XY games are using the same formula for choosing its type from previous games.

I've been trying to breed a Rotom with good/perfect IVs whose hidden power is ice. I successfully bred several Rotoms with 31/x/31/31/31/31 (even managed to get a perfect 6 IV one) but they're all either dark or dragon, no other type for it. I also bred a few with 31/x/31/31/31/x, and the hidden power on those is ice, but it's not exactly the one that I was looking for. So anyway, is it possible to breed a Rotom with 4-5 (mainly 5) perfect IVs and has ice for a hidden power? Is there a good way on going about doing that?

feelingdand

I read the article about Hidden Power on Serebii already but I'm wondering if the XY games are using the same formula for choosing its type from previous games.

I've been trying to breed a Rotom with good/perfect IVs whose hidden power is ice. I successfully bred several Rotoms with 31/x/31/31/31/31 (even managed to get a perfect 6 IV one) but they're all either dark or dragon, no other type for it. I also bred a few with 31/x/31/31/31/x, and the hidden power on those is ice, but it's not exactly the one that I was looking for. So anyway, is it possible to breed a Rotom with 4-5 (mainly 5) perfect IVs and has ice for a hidden power? Is there a good way on going about doing that?

I have a Rotom with 31/29/31/31/31/30 and has Hidden Power Ice. The 30 Speed was my priority, because if it's 31 it would have been Dark. And attack can be any odd value if the rest is as mine is, at least with an older IV/Hidden Power calculator that is the case.

TheGreaterLucario

I am talking about X and Y. Is there nobody to sell them to? Then why do we get so many in restaurants?

No, the maniac who buys 'shrooms and such for insane prices is only in the Gen V games. In X and Y, however, I don't think there are any Item Maniacs. So your only option really is to sell them to the shops. Unfortunately there's no O-Power that increases the amount of money you can sell items for.

MarioGamer159

So I've heard Pumpkaboos that are Super Sized always hold a miracle seed. If this is true, my question is that if I had a pokemon with compound eyes in the front of my party, would that increase the chances of me finding a Super Sized Pumpkaboo? Or can the smaller ones still hold a seed anyways? I'm planning on chaining for a shiny Pumpkaboo (hopefully Super Sized) soon, so I'd like to plan my party accordingly. Thanks in advance.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Shiny question coming up!
What are the chances for:
Masuda Method
Friend safari
Hordes

Thx ^_^

Masuda Method chance is unknown, only speculative numbers at this point. The other two are the same as the normal encounter rate, 1/4096.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
So I've heard Pumpkaboos that are Super Sized always hold a miracle seed. If this is true, my question is that if I had a pokemon with compound eyes in the front of my party, would that increase the chances of me finding a Super Sized Pumpkaboo? Or can the smaller ones still hold a seed anyways? I'm planning on chaining for a shiny Pumpkaboo (hopefully Super Sized) soon, so I'd like to plan my party accordingly. Thanks in advance.

The smaller ones still have a 5% chance of holding the Miracle Seed, so that won't work.

Anzzi

How is this possible? I've been in Normal Friend Safari for 30 minutes and haven't found any pokemons with hidden ability. My first slot has trace-Ralts so I know the abilities of the pokemon ive encountered.

PokeAmi

How is this possible? I've been in Normal Friend Safari for 30 minutes and haven't found any pokemons with hidden ability. My first slot has trace-Ralts so I know the abilities of the pokemon ive encountered.

Is the trainer icon of the person who are owning that safari just a black sillhouette with a question mark?
I think for the Pokemon being in that safari to have Hidden ability, you and that person have to been online together at the same time atleast once.

If you have been online at the same time, Then I am not sure :/

feelingdand

Is the trainer icon of the person who are owning that safari just a black sillhouette with a question mark?
I think for the Pokemon being in that safari to have Hidden ability, you and that person have to been online together at the same time atleast once.

If you have been online at the same time, Then I am not sure :/

You do not have to be online at the same time to find hidden abilities. I was in a safari where the face wasn't there because we hadn't linked up in a long time, but I was still able to find a Floett with Symbiosis

LLR

Vivillon Trader
You do not have to be online at the same time to find hidden abilities. I was in a safari where the face wasn't there because we hadn't linked up in a long time, but I was still able to find a Floett with Symbiosis

I think you have to be online together AT LEAST ONCE but not necessarily while you're in the friend safari for hidden abilities and the 3rd pokemon to show.

DKN117

Legend Tamer
Is there a way to know when I've got max Style in Lumiose City other than Game-Syncing after every big Style-inducing activity and hoping I see the "Lumiose Luminary" medal on the PGL website?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Is there a way to know when I've got max Style in Lumiose City other than Game-Syncing after every big Style-inducing activity and hoping I see the "Lumiose Luminary" medal on the PGL website?

If you haven't yet bought the Mega Stones in the Stone Emporium, they'll cost 10000.

PokeAmi

I know, I said that you had to be online together atleast ONCE. Not that you have to be online at the same time everytime to get Hidden abilities :p
But that's weird... Because everytime when I had a friend who was uknown in FriendSafari, I never got a hidden ability, not before The friend Safari had the image of the trainer icon, then the hidden abilities were easy to find. Maybe its diffrent to people or something, but my experience was that I never got Hidden abilities until I had the friend image confirmed in the FriendSafari or I was just very unlucky.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
I know, I said that you had to be online together atleast ONCE. Not that you have to be online at the same time everytime to get Hidden abilities :p
But that's weird... Because everytime when I had a friend who was uknown in FriendSafari, I never got a hidden ability, not before The friend Safari had the image of the trainer icon, then the hidden abilities were easy to find. Maybe its diffrent to people or something, but my experience was that I never got Hidden abilities until I had the friend image confirmed in the FriendSafari or I was just very unlucky.

My experience was/is that the third pokemon and hidden ablility shows with the image.

I moved one of my games to as different DS and back again...not knowing that my safaris would get messed up...all the friend images disappeared but a lot of the safaris stilled showed the pokemon that could be found for that safari. If there was still and image for the 3rd pokemon I would still see it even though my friends face was not showing with the safari.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
what is the ideal nature for a florges? (out of sheer boredom I caught one of each flabebe flower color) so out of my flabebe's and 1 one floette which one of them has the ideal nature for a florges?
white: calm
yellow: modest (yeah this is one I am leaning towards)
orange: relaxed
red(who is a floette and its hidden ability): hasty
blue: sassy
so yeah which one of these has the best nature?

Shiny Budew

what is the ideal nature for a florges? (out of sheer boredom I caught one of each flabebe flower color) so out of my flabebe's and 1 one floette which one of them has the ideal nature for a florges?
white: calm
yellow: modest (yeah this is one I am leaning towards)
orange: relaxed
red(who is a floette and its hidden ability): hasty
blue: sassy
so yeah which one of these has the best nature?
Calm is ideal if you want a defensive-oriented Florges.
Modest/Timid is ideal if you want an offensive-oriented Florges.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Ok, so was wondering...isn't there something you keep in mind when using having a substitute user. Like you want to keep the hp either odd or is it even so you get the most out of using it which would be four uses?

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Calm is ideal if you want a defensive-oriented Florges.
Modest/Timid is ideal if you want an offensive-oriented Florges.
I see, thanks :)