• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

Icepath

Out of curiosity, is there specific places where my Smeargle could learn Stealth Rocks? I heard certain restaurants in Lumoise City, but I'm not sure where.

Would having a friend over Wifi use Stealth Rocks so I could Sketch them work? Or do I just have to be lucky and find a place where they use Steath Rocks?

EDIT: Nevermind. I figured out a way to do it.

Last edited:

DKN117

Legend Tamer
What do I do when I have someone's Friend Code, but they live on the other side of the Atlantic or Pacific Oceans and so are awake when I'm asleep and vice-versa, so I can't be online at the same time as them to get their third Friend Safari Pokemon? Do I put my 3DS on standby mode, close it without turning it off, and leave it on the charger like that while I sleep? Do I have to leave it open and active on the charger through the night, and hope it doesn't overheat? Do I have to have it on AND not attached to the charger, and hope & pray the battery doesn't run out AND that it doesn't overheat?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
What do I do when I have someone's Friend Code, but they live on the other side of the Atlantic or Pacific Oceans and so are awake when I'm asleep and vice-versa, so I can't be online at the same time as them to get their third Friend Safari Pokemon? Do I put my 3DS on standby mode, close it without turning it off, and leave it on the charger like that while I sleep? Do I have to leave it open and active on the charger through the night, and hope it doesn't overheat? Do I have to have it on AND not attached to the charger, and hope & pray the battery doesn't run out AND that it doesn't overheat?

... You just need to have it turned on and be online. Has it ever exploded in a fiery blaze when you've been playing it? No? Then why are you overreacting? Just plug it in and leave it on.

Ajduk

Breeding question:

Egg moves.
Is the following scenario possible.

Pokemon 1 and Pokemon 2 have an offspring which has an egg move from Pokemon 1.
Offspring breeds with Pokemon 3 for an egg move from Pokemon 3.
Will offspring 2 have egg moves from both Pokemon 1 and Pokemon 3?

manske90

Breeding question:

Egg moves.
Is the following scenario possible.

Pokemon 1 and Pokemon 2 have an offspring which has an egg move from Pokemon 1.
Offspring breeds with Pokemon 3 for an egg move from Pokemon 3.
Will offspring 2 have egg moves from both Pokemon 1 and Pokemon 3?

Should be, I think it's called "Chain Breeding." It's how I got Leech Seed and Stealth Rock onto my Ferroseed. Both came from different parents, I got offspring with leech seed first, then bred it with another parent with stealth rock and the offspring had leech seed and stealth rock.

My question: What is the maximum seen/obtained for the national dex pre-pokebank? I'm at 611 seen and 596 obtained.

Hey guys, can anyone give me any guidance on how to chain breed an absol to have both megahorn and foul play. And possibly even Zen headbutt?

coolerdynastic

Hey guys, can anyone give me any guidance on how to chain breed an absol to have both megahorn and foul play. And possibly even Zen headbutt?

Hate to burst your bubble but if you want both Megahorn and Foul Play you have to wait for the Pokemon Bank/Transporter
Megahorn is possible if u breed it with a Rapidash
Foul Play is a Move tutor move and it is made not possible to be inherited. I personally tried to breed a Bagon hoping to get the move Outrage but it failed since Outrage is a move tutor for Bagon but not an Egg Move.
If you want Zen Headbutt you can breed the female newly hatched Absol with Megahorn and breed it with a Golduck or Tauros. Just refer to the XY pokedex section

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod

I'm assuming you mean Play Rough and not Foul Play? I saw your other post in the Newbie Section, but I found your answer. The easiest way to get Play Rough, Megahorn and Zen Headbutt would be to get a Smeargle with all three moves, since Absol and Smeargle are in the same egg group.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm not sure if that works, actually. Unless someone else can confirm that it works. Forget that. It should work that way.

Last edited:
Hate to burst your bubble but if you want both Megahorn and Foul Play you have to wait for the Pokemon Bank/Transporter
Megahorn is possible if u breed it with a Rapidash
Foul Play is a Move tutor move and it is made not possible to be inherited. I personally tried to breed a Bagon hoping to get the move Outrage but it failed since Outrage is a move tutor for Bagon but not an Egg Move.
If you want Zen Headbutt you can breed the female newly hatched Absol with Megahorn and breed it with a Golduck or Tauros. Just refer to the XY pokedex section

I apologize I totally meant to say Play Rough but you've kind of touched on something I was curious about.

If i'm looking at your example correctly your saying that if a female absol knows the egg move it will still pass it on. Is that accurate or did i read that incorrectly?

I'm assuming you mean Play Rough and not Foul Play? I saw your other post in the Newbie Section, but I found your answer. The easiest way to get Play Rough, Megahorn and Zen Headbutt would be to get a Smeargle with all three moves, since Absol and Smeargle are in the same egg group.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm not sure if that works, actually. Unless someone else can confirm that it works. Forget that. It should work that way.

You're right about me meaning Play Rough. I deleted the post on the newbie thread to keep my noob questions to a minimum.

If I go the smeargle route that means I have to find some npc or wild pokemon in game that will use that move on me right?

coolerdynastic

I apologize I totally meant to say Play Rough but you've kind of touched on something I was curious about.

If i'm looking at your example correctly your saying that if a female absol knows the egg move it will still pass it on. Is that accurate or did i read that incorrectly?

I am pretty sure in the X and Y the female can also inherit its moves to the offspring. I have not tried that but such thing exists

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
You're right about me meaning Play Rough. I deleted the post on the newbie thread to keep my noob questions to a minimum.

If I go the smeargle route that means I have to find some npc or wild pokemon in game that will use that move on me right?

Well, the easiest way to teach them to Smeargle would be to go to Restaurant Le Nah in Lumiose City. There are very weak double battles there (lv. 10-ish), so bring Pokemon that know these moves, and proceed to Sketch them from there.