• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

ebevan91

Pure curiosity question why would they want to block instacheck?

Reports are out that people have created a program very similar to Instacheck that allows you to see all the info on opposing Pokemon in online battles, so that's probably why.

It's a cheating device apparently.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Reports are out that people have created a program very similar to Instacheck that allows you to see all the info on opposing Pokemon in online battles, so that's probably why.

It's a cheating device apparently.

I take it that this new patch blocks that program, since I couldn't get online today without it? I was confused because I thought this patch was the same as the other one, and I was re-downloading it. I'm glad that I know what it does now.

MDS777

The name's Riley
I take it that this new patch blocks that program, since I couldn't get online today without it? I was confused because I thought this patch was the same as the other one, and I was re-downloading it. I'm glad that I know what it does now.
Yeah, essentially the program is useless with the 1.2 patch and you cannot go online without it.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Okay, since this is probably important to the patch my 3DS wanted a system update but my power was out so I said no to it. How can I do the system update again?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Okay, since this is probably important to the patch my 3DS wanted a system update but my power was out so I said no to it. How can I do the system update again?

You can update your 3DS firmware at any time from the System Settings. It should be under "Other Settings."

AlchemistAzure

I'm thinking of adding a Malamar to my team. Does anyone know if through breeding it can learn some Poison or Steel type moves? I want to try and compensate for its weakness to Fairy types. The only TM Poison move it can learn is Toxic...which for what i have planned will not come in handy.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
Huh... guys, I just bred a Limber Ditto with a Swarm Galvantula and got... A Hidden Ability (Unnerve) Joltik. How is this possible?

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
Oh, lol. That was stupid of me. Thanks.

Daddyof3

Hi I want to get my 2 boys 3ds for Christmas can I get 1 X and 1 Y and could they play together? or do they both need the same X & X or Y&Y?

Daddyof3

so It dosnt matter? what would you want to have with your bro/sis? same diffrent? and can they play together off line just linking
same room?

Aegon

so It dosnt matter? what would you want to have with your bro/sis? same diffrent?
Version exclusive Pokémon and items exist, so it might be preferable to have differing versions.

and can they play together off line just linking
same room?
There are wireless capabilities, yes, such as the standard trading and battling.