• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

viper_rox23

I'm positive. I made a checklist of every trainer that was in the Battle Chateau, including the Gym Leaders and Elite Four, and crossed them off as I found them. I'm really confused! I might just have to go through it again and rebattle everyone... =P Thank you, though!

please add me as a friend 2466-2900-9164

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
please add me as a friend 2466-2900-9164

i think you're not supposed to post friend codes here. there is a thread for that i think. well anyway i got a question anybody knows
where can i catch a skarmory aside from those swooping in the sky?

Last edited:

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Friend Safari. I believe its part of Steel category.

oh great there's no way i can get that unless i have a stable connection here at my place. well anyway thanks for answering my question.
i suggest i'll skip catching one

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
When breeding Pumpkaboo can the offspring only be the same size as the parents or can the sizes vary? I'm going to be using my Wobbuffet as the father as it has 31/31/31/X/31/31 IVs and want to know if I have to catch a Super Large mother before I start.

Kratos The Pokemon master

So , how many types of shaking grass are there when using the PokeRadar ?
And do I have to chase the patch of grass that shakes like the first one I entered (Like in D/P/Pt) or do I have to go for the one that shakes the most?
My chain of Fletchling keeps breaking at around 8 even though I'm doing things right , so I was hoping someone would answer me .
I hope that I'm not posting at the wrong place , and if I am , please direct me to the right place.

Quils

Strange Creature
When breeding Pumpkaboo can the offspring only be the same size as the parents or can the sizes vary? I'm going to be using my Wobbuffet as the father as it has 31/31/31/X/31/31 IVs and want to know if I have to catch a Super Large mother before I start.

The offspring is always the same size as the mother (or father, if you breed a male with a Ditto).

So , how many types of shaking grass are there when using the PokeRadar ?
And do I have to chase the patch of grass that shakes like the first one I entered (Like in D/P/Pt) or do I have to go for the one that shakes the most?
My chain of Fletchling keeps breaking at around 8 even though I'm doing things right , so I was hoping someone would answer me .
I hope that I'm not posting at the wrong place , and if I am , please direct me to the right place.

I always try to go for the patches that shake the most, and that seems to work for me.

dande

I am awful at the super secret training and thus struggling to get the rare items and the many evolution stones needed.
I know you can get Moon stones and Sun stones off Lunatone and Solrock and the probability is 5%. Is there any way to increase this?

Also I have been fighting the inverse guy and I have been getting a lot of Sitrus berry's, is it random or do I have to beat him a certain way? I have been winning without any of my Pokemon fainting.

Thank you in advance.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I am awful at the super secret training and thus struggling to get the rare items and the many evolution stones needed.
I know you can get Moon stones and Sun stones off Lunatone and Solrock and the probability is 5%. Is there any way to increase this?

Also I have been fighting the inverse guy and I have been getting a lot of Sitrus berry's, is it random or do I have to beat him a certain way? I have been winning without any of my Pokemon fainting.

Thank you in advance.

Compundeyes in the front of your Party increases the chance of a Wild Pokémon holding Items.
Frisk also allows you to see wether they have them or not, so that works too.

It's random what you get.

LLR

Vivillon Trader

Thank you in advance.

For some reason Dedenne in my games seems to like moonstones and sunstones. (I know it's random) The 2 or 3 play throughs I've done with a Pick Up Dedenne I've gotten 4 or more.

Kratos The Pokemon master

The offspring is always the same size as the mother (or father, if you breed a male with a Ditto).

I always try to go for the patches that shake the most, and that seems to work for me.

Okay , Thanks :D

But what about the number of shaking grass types ?
I know there's shiny , decoy (super light) , light and strong
Is there any other type ?

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<

dande

Compundeyes in the front of your Party increases the chance of a Wild Pokémon holding Items.
Frisk also allows you to see wether they have them or not, so that works too.

It's random what you get.

Thanks, been trying for about an hour and already got two more moonstones

For some reason Dedenne in my games seems to like moonstones and sunstones. (I know it's random) The 2 or 3 play throughs I've done with a Pick Up Dedenne I've gotten 4 or more.

May give it a go, won't hurt to try and may get lucky

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Thanks, been trying for about an hour and already got two more moonstones

May give it a go, won't hurt to try and may get lucky

Remember that he Items you Pick Up and the Rarity of them depends on your Level, though.

Bluemiracle

Biologist
Hey guys, whats a good moveset for X/Y Dophan? Is it worth using Play Rough?

In this particular case the Dophan benefits from Trick Room

XlordgoldX

Hi 5s & stage dives
Is there any word that the Shiny Charm is in X/Y?

Shindouz

Pokemon Breeder
Question 1 : Regarding the Kanto starters I pick a bulbasaur. Is there anyway to get the other 2 later in the game?

Question 2: I've already claimed my torchic from the event therefore will I still be able to claim it again if I reset my game?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Question 1 : Regarding the Kanto starters I pick a bulbasaur. Is there anyway to get the other 2 later in the game?

Question 2: I've already claimed my torchic from the event therefore will I still be able to claim it again if I reset my game?
1. Only Via Trading.

2. If you reset before 15 January 2014, you can obtain Torchic again. (Just a Note, You can't keep the Blazeknite Item in Pokémon Box, you must trade the item to "keep" it.)