• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

PokemonOwn

Which is easier to hatch eggs with:
The Hatching Trick(Lumiose City) or
cycling in front of route 7 for a MM?

What I tend to do is switch it up a bit.

I usually do:

A. Horde a box of Eggs then hatch it at Lumiose
B. Just keep going back and forward on Route 7 until I get a box full of hatched eggs
C. Get a box full, then take a few out at a time while I shiny hunt in the Friend Safari

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
For completing the pokedex.
Do I need to capture all pokemon or just see them?

i think you need to capture all of them just to be sure.
seeing them might count i think.

Arceus500

For me it depends on what kind of eggs you're hatching. If you hatch eggs with low egg cycles, sticking to Route 7 is probably better since they'll start hatching before you can fill your team with eggs anyway. If you're hatching things like Dratini, on the other hand, it might be more useful to collect 5 eggs then proceed to Prism Tower.

Im hatching a froakie and thanks
Edit: I checked on serebii and its base egg steps is 5,120. Is that a low or high egg cycle?

Last edited:

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
Whats the best nature for mega blastoise with raindish, dragon pulse, aura sphere, rapid spin and water pulse? Modest, calm or bold?
should I change any of those move with a move that can benefit more from rain dish?

coolerdynastic

Whats the best nature for mega blastoise with raindish, dragon pulse, aura sphere, rapid spin and water pulse? Modest, calm or bold?
should I change any of those move with a move that can benefit more from rain dish?

Just so you know Mega Blastoise ability is Mega Launcher so it doesnt matter whether it has HA or not. Most Blastoise (mega) runs in a modest nature
Im hatching a froakie and thanks
Edit: I checked on serebii and its base egg steps is 5,120. Is that a low or high egg cycle?

5k egg step is considered moderate. With O power and Flame body the egg step reduced to 1k+, perhaps is just 4 rounds of running from Camphrier Town to Route 7

Last edited:

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
Ah ok, what about non mega blastoise with rain dish? Is dragon pulse, aura sphere, rain dance and water pulse a good moveset?

Arceus500

Is there a higher chance to get shinies in fs? Cause on the shiny thread lots of shinys are from fs. Thanks

Kitto

Ace Trainer
If I lead with a Tyranitar and my opponent a Drizzle Politoad, what weather effects will be in place? Rain or sandstorm? What does it depend on?

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I already got the perfect and flawless Blaziken. I've received it by breeding a lot and it took me like around 4 days to do it,and I'm very lucky. But I have a few questions that I like to ask of you.

Mega/Blaziken @ Blazikenite
EV: 252 ATK/ 6 HP/ 252 Speed
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Adamant
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31

Moveset:
Sword Dance
Flare Blitz
Sky Uppercut
Protect

1) Which ev spread is the best one for Blaziken's both normal and his Mega forms? Well it be 252 for Attack,and Speed with 4Evs for Health?

2) Do you think that Pokemon of the Week/Day can be very helpful for the competitive battles?

I was thinking of having this set for my perfect Blaziken and his Mega form. Flare Blitz and High Jump Kick are his main STAB. Sure Sword Dance can boost his attack sharply. But Hone Claws can boost his attack and Accuracy at the same time. That way I wouldn't have to risk his High Jump Kick,and it can't be missed. With Speed Boost, it can outspeed about everyone one. With 160 HP, it will become not only strong,and fast,but it also become bulky as well.

EV: 160 HP/ 252 Atk/ 96 Speed

Moveset:
Sword Dance/Hone Claws
Flare Blitz
High Jump Kick
Protect

What do you think?

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Do any of the pokémon at le wow's rotation battle know protect?

do you mean the three star restaurant? if it is i think yes, since lucario and floatzel do use protect in double battles.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
I know they do in double, I was wondering about the Rotation Battle

probably they will know protect if not why are the pokemon given a lot of turns just for a food.

Unredemption

1) Which ev spread is the best one for Blaziken's both normal and his Mega forms? Well it be 252 for Attack,and Speed with 4Evs for Health?

Definitely. Blaziken is meant to hit fast and hard, not stay around to take hits so that spread is ideal.

2) Do you think that Pokemon of the Week/Day can be very helpful for the competitive battles?

To a certain extent, yes, most of the sets and analyses are geared towards competitive battling. However, there are more in depth sites out there as well.

I was thinking of having this set for my perfect Blaziken and his Mega form. Flare Blitz and High Jump Kick are his main STAB. Sure Sword Dance can boost his attack sharply. But Hone Claws can boost his attack and Accuracy at the same time. That way I wouldn't have to risk his High Jump Kick,and it can't be missed. With Speed Boost, it can outspeed about everyone one. With 160 HP, it will become not only strong,and fast,but it also become bulky as well.

EV: 160 HP/ 252 Atk/ 96 Speed

Moveset:
Sword Dance/Hone Claws
Flare Blitz
High Jump Kick
Protect

What do you think?

Hone Claws is actually not a bad idea. The only problem I foresee is if you meet a Jellicent or some other wall, where Swords Dance may be of more help. As for EVs, it doesn't matter that much (IMO) since Blaziken won't be taking much hits anyway.

Comments in bold, just my two cents. Cheers!

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Comments in bold, just my two cents. Cheers!

I see. So you're saying is that Blaziken and his Mega form meant to hit hard,and fast. As for the other EVs, you saying that it won't matter that much as Blaziken/Mega Blaziken won't be taking much hit. What about the other EV spread such as 160 HP/ 252 ATK/ 96 Speed? Do you think that would be a great idea? Do you all agree with Unredemption?