• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

MiyukiBottle

Please, can someone help me?
I already have all the mega stones found in both games, but I can't find the exclusive mega stones in Pokémon X (Manectite, Pinsirite and Tyranitarite). I've searched between 20:00 and 21:00 in their places (route 16, Santalune Forest and Cyllage Gym) and still can't found these mega stones...
I passed half of my mega stones to a person, by chance I need to have all the mega stones to find the others? To find the others, I changed the time in my 3ds. Did I have to play in real time without modifying the 3ds time?

*Sorry if my english sounds bad x_x

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I already have all the mega stones found in both games, but I can't find the exclusive mega stones in Pokémon X (Manectite, Pinsirite and Tyranitarite). I've searched between 20:00 and 21:00 in their places (route 16, Santalune Forest and Cyllage Gym) and still can't found these mega stones...
I passed half of my mega stones to a person, by chance I need to have all the mega stones to find the others? To find the others, I changed the time in my 3ds. Did I have to play in real time without modifying the 3ds time?

Changing your time halts all time-based events for three days, so you wont be able to find any Mega Stones that way.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<

i'm sure you can only hunt for mega stones once a day, nope the time will vary or your ds clock not the real world.

but I found all the mega stones that way, or this only happens with the exclusive version mega stones?

well that's weird cause i don't have problems when i hunt for mega stones.

MiyukiBottle

It should be with all of them, but regardless, if that's the case you're just looking in the wrong spot. Or you've already collected them and didn't realize.

Okay, I will take the other mega stones back, not change the time in my 3ds and look again at their places...
Thanks~

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
in battles in restaurants in Lumi... The rotation battles, does the Amulet coin still works even though my Greninja (one who hold amulet) doesn't battle?
I mean my Charizard and Lucario are the only one who fights but Greninja is just there in the field not fighting, nya~

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
in battles in restaurants in Lumi... The rotation battles, does the Amulet coin still works even though my Greninja (one who hold amulet) doesn't battle? nya~

apparently no, the pokemon holding the coin should have take part of the battle then it will be applied

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
damn.

Another question: Is it possible to go to Snowbelle city before fighting Xerneas? nya~

I have tried that in my first run of the game for yveltal/xerneas and no you can not :/

Kacho

You are next.
so i havent played nds games and im confused a bit about breeding.

im just breeding for shiny now and i am only concern with nature and ability.

so to keep the nature, i need female pokemon with everstone?

then what about ability?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
so i havent played nds games and im confused a bit about breeding.

im just breeding for shiny now and i am only concern with nature and ability.

so to keep the nature, i need female pokemon with everstone?

then what about ability?

The Everstone can apply to any gender.

As for abilities it's random unless the female has it's Hidden Ability in which the chances of the offspring receiving the HA is increased (Males can pass down them too but with Ditto).

Kacho

You are next.
also how do i do the pokeradar daily?

I saw a freaken weedle, two, and I don't get my thing.
do i have to chain? the serebii daily guide just said to see them?

AlchemistAzure

apparently no, the pokemon holding the coin should have take part of the battle then it will be applied

not true. as long as the Pokemon holding the Amulet Coin is out in battle at some point (ex: First pokemon out, then switched) the effect of the Amulet Coin takes place. Least that is what I have seen personally.

coolerdynastic

not true. as long as the Pokemon holding the Amulet Coin is out in battle at some point (ex: First pokemon out, then switched) the effect of the Amulet Coin takes place. Least that is what I have seen personally.

However this doesnt apply to Rotation battle (in case for those who dont know), I have personally tried on this. If the pokemon holding it doesnt use a single move in a rotation battle, the prize money will not doubled.

Unredemption

The Everstone can apply to any gender.

As for abilities it's random unless the female has it's Hidden Ability in which the chances of the offspring receiving the HA is increased (Males can pass down them too but with Ditto).

Not completely true.

If the female has a Hidden Ability, there is a 60% chance that this ability will be passed on to the offspring, whereas there is a 40% chance for the other abilities. Males can only pass down Hidden Abilities through Ditto as mentioned.

If the female has a non-Hidden Ability, there is a 80% chance that this ability will be passed on to the offspring, whereas there is a 20% chance for the other ability. If the Pokemon only has one non-Hidden Ability, then it will always get that ability. Hidden Abilities cannot be gotten through parents without said Hidden Ability.

For me it depends on what kind of eggs you're hatching. If you hatch eggs with low egg cycles, sticking to Route 7 is probably better since they'll start hatching before you can fill your team with eggs anyway. If you're hatching things like Dratini, on the other hand, it might be more useful to collect 5 eggs then proceed to Prism Tower.

Funny, that mostly answers the question I was going to ask.
I'm working on MM breeding Pumpkaboo; is that generally considered a low, moderate, or high egg cycle?

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Can someone clear me on the subject of EVs ?
Every time I max 2 stats in the Super Training application, I fill a last stat with the leftovers, it says +6 instead ? Why am I often seeing, in competitive movesets and stuff, 252 / 252 / 4 if a stat can reach up to 6 EVs after two others maxed ?