• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Can someone clear me on the subject of EVs ?
Every time I max 2 stats in the Super Training application, I fill a last stat with the leftovers, it says +6 instead ? Why am I often seeing, in competitive movesets and stuff, 252 / 252 / 4 if a stat can reach up to 6 EVs after two others maxed ?

Because the last 2 EVs don't matter.

You see, 4 EVs=1 Stat Point, so the last 2 are useless.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Because the last 2 EVs don't matter.

You see, 4 EVs=1 Stat Point, so the last 2 are useless.

Oh, it's as silly as that..? Eheh, laughing at myself for my stupidity. :3
Thanks dirkac, god of the Surskits.

Kacho

You are next.
is it possible to breed for a shiny vivillon with a pattern that I don't have?

let's say i have a foreign father bug Pokemon, and then a female Pokemon with a pattern that I want but it's still different country from the father.

will this work?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Oh, it's as silly as that..? Eheh, laughing at myself for my stupidity. :3
Thanks dirkac, god of the Surskits.

You're welcome.
:D

is it possible to breed for a shiny vivillon with a pattern that I don't have?

let's say i have a foreign father bug Pokemon, and then a female Pokemon with a pattern that I want but it's still different country from the father.

will this work?

No, if you hatch a Scatterbug with the Egg being from you own game, it would just Evolve into a Vivillion of your own game.

Solar Faber

Fox of the moon
I have a question about the vivvilon patterns ( sorry I cant spell pokemon names ) if you get a sacterbug from else were in the world and evolve it will it have your native pattern or the one of were it came from

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I have a question about the vivvilon patterns ( sorry I cant spell pokemon names ) if you get a sacterbug from else were in the world and evolve it will it have your native pattern or the one of were it came from

It will have the Vivillion Pattern it was originally Traded from.

kaylavarnell4736

Xtreme Pokefan
Where can I find all the ev lowering berries? ex: hondew berry

Illusione-Tempus

You earn EV lowering berries through mutation. No other way to get them I believe.

Okay, so what if I already added people to my safari, and they already got my third Pokemon. And then I decided to switch to a cartridge that hasn't beaten the league yet. Will it effect my friends?

MarioGamer159

Let's say I'm using a Pokemon with Pixilate. If I use a normal type move, does the Pokemon get the 30% boost from the ability and STAB or does the change in type not count?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Okay, so what if I already added people to my safari, and they already got my third Pokemon. And then I decided to switch to a cartridge that hasn't beaten the league yet. Will it effect my friends?

It should not affect them.

Let's say I'm using a Pokemon with Pixilate. If I use a normal type move, does the Pokemon get the 30% boost from the ability and STAB or does the change in type not count?

There's no STAB bonus on Pixilated moves from Normal-type Pokemon. There is a STAB bonus for Fairy-type Pokemon, however.

MarioGamer159

There's no STAB bonus on Pixilated moves from Normal-type Pokemon. There is a STAB bonus for Fairy-type Pokemon, however.

Yeah, the latter was what I was trying to ask. Thanks, was debating on whether it was worth it to raise and transfer a hyper voice Gardevoir or not, but obviously the power will be.

Shindouz

Pokemon Breeder
Question : I've messed with my 3DS (Time Only) for a couple of times in search for megastone available throughout the region. However I recently heard it damages the game based time events so i quickly looked for all the stones and return it to the regular time of my zone. After so far I've only notice my rival Serena stopped battling me daily at Kiloude City. Any solution to this?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Question : I've messed with my 3DS (Time Only) for a couple of times in search for megastone available throughout the region. However I recently heard it damages the game based time events so i quickly looked for all the stones and return it to the regular time of my zone. After so far I've only notice my rival Serena stopped battling me daily at Kiloude City. Any solution to this?

Nothing in the game is "damaged" by changing the 3DS time. The game only "punishes" you for 24 hours by stopping all time-based events (Mega Stones, berries growing, your rival battling you) from occurring during that 24-hour time period. Hydrohs posted earlier that it's 72 hours (3 days) but I changed my time on my 3DS once and I swear that it was only 24 hours that my time-based events didn't occur.

Anyway, long story short is wait for a couple of days and your time-based events will start occurring again. The game is just punishing you for trying to trick it.

Kacho

You are next.
also how do i do the pokeradar daily?

I saw a freaken weedle, two, and I don't get my thing.
do i have to chain? the serebii daily guide just said to see them?

sorry to bump this again, but i really want to know how to do this lol.

coolerdynastic

sorry to bump this again, but i really want to know how to do this lol.

You have to continuously encounter that little bug. Dont forget to fight it because running away will break the chain