• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Question 3 : What is the fuss with Pokemon nature ability? Lax,Gentle,Impish and so on. Why do people get disappointed when they dont obtain the nature they wanted on their pokemon? Does it affect the stats points of the pokemon? I've seen my friend breeding for hours just for perfect nature for what?

the pokemon nature is important because it will let you know what stats they are good at ex .a rash nature could up a high sp atk compared to a docile which is neutral, to tell you the truth yes it does affect the stat points of a pokemon and that's why with breeding you have to be very careful on what nature you will go for.

Tenilius

Question : Can the O-Power stacked up i can use exp power lv 1 twice in a row though.

Question 2: I've seen people with O-Power level 2~3 mine is still level 1. Been using it in restaurant le wow battling time to time . It just doesn't level up damn it!

Question 3 : What is the fuss with Pokemon nature ability? Lax,Gentle,Impish and so on. Why do people get disappointed when they dont obtain the nature they wanted on their pokemon? Does it affect the stats points of the pokemon? I've seen my friend breeding for hours just for perfect nature for what?

1. No they cannot, but different powers can be active at the same time (i.e. Hatching & Critical at the same time)
2. Use your O-powers on other people to level them up as well.
3. Natures increase one stat and decrease one stat by 10% which is quite a bit, and anything that affects stats will be taken advantage of on the competitive scene.

Shindouz

Pokemon Breeder
the pokemon nature is important because it will let you know what stats they are good at ex .a rash nature could up a high sp atk compared to a docile which is neutral, to tell you the truth yes it does affect the stat points of a pokemon and that's why with breeding you have to be very careful on what nature you will go for.

I see no wonder they are so frustrating about it for just 10% of increased stats. This is mainly for pvp right instead of the actual gameplay?

FlareBlitz3000

Legg University QB
If I lead with a Tyranitar and my opponent a Drizzle Politoad, what weather effects will be in place? Rain or sandstorm? What does it depend on?

Im not 100% sure about this but im guessing that it depends on speed.

Ganieda

Midnight Valkyrie
So guys, If I reset the EV's of a Lv. 100 pokemon with the reset bag, then EV train it using supertraining, will it get the stat bonus from these Ev's?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
So guys, If I reset the EV's of a Lv. 100 pokemon with the reset bag, then EV train it using supertraining, will it get the stat bonus from these Ev's?

Yes, of course. Even if you EV train a level 100 Pokemon, it still gets the stat bonus.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Yes, they will.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Aura Sphere won't pass down because female do not pass down egg moves. The Squirtle resulting this pairing will only have Dragon Pulse. To get both, you will have to breed a female Squirtle with a male Clawitzer having both moves in his moveset.

Last edited:

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Aura Sphere won't pass down because female do not pass down egg moves. The Squirtle resulting this pairing will only have Dragon Pulse. To get both, you will have to breed a female Squirtle with a male Clawitzer having both moves in his moveset.

Egg moves can pass down from female Pokemon now as well. I bred a female Zorua which had Extrasensory with a male Mawile that didn't and all the offspring knew Extrasensory.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Egg moves can pass down from female Pokemon now as well. I bred a female Zorua which had Extrasensory with a male Mawile that didn't and all the offspring knew Extrasensory.

And it's only now that I learn this ? That would have been so useful earlier! :(
Thank you a lot!