• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Please, can someone help me?
I already have all the mega stones found in both games, but I can't find the exclusive mega stones in Pokémon X (Manectite, Pinsirite and Tyranitarite). I've searched between 20:00 and 21:00 in their places (route 16, Santalune Forest and Cyllage Gym) and still can't found these mega stones...
I passed half of my mega stones to a person, by chance I need to have all the mega stones to find the others? To find the others, I changed the time in my 3ds. Did I have to play in real time without modifying the 3ds time?

*Sorry if my english sounds bad x_x

Changing your time halts all time-based events for three days, so you wont be able to find any Mega Stones that way.

I plotted a course to search out as many of the mega stones as I could in one hour. At 8:00, I loaded my game and wasn't able to find the first one. I checked and saw that my clock had never changed for DST and I was starting exactly 1 hour too late. I set my clock back an hour and went back to my game. Not only was I able to find the mega stones, I obtained all of them within the hour, after changing my clock.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Question : Will my evolved pokemon changed it's nature/ability from it's previous evolution?

Question 2 : If my magnemite has a sassy nature & sturdy ability and then i breed it with a ditto will both of the nature & ability stay the same? Still new to breeding & smogon doesnt have the full list.

Question 3: It's tuesday today I saved next to a thrash bin & tried to find rotom. All end up to be trubbish. I'm pretty sure my game time based event is back to normal because i battled my rival today.

for question 1, for the pokemon nature it won't change whatever you have is permanent however its ability may change
for question 2 if you breed the nature and the ability of the egg changes and the nature you get from the egg is random
for question 3 yes your game time event is normal.

whyisfireorange

A little help with Rotom?

I was wondering if Rotom could learn Signal Beam in Gen 6. I know in Gen 5, it could be tutored the move. I was wondering if X and Y had a way for Rotom to learn this move

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
A little help with Rotom?

I was wondering if Rotom could learn Signal Beam in Gen 6. I know in Gen 5, it could be tutored the move. I was wondering if X and Y had a way for Rotom to learn this move

Rotom with Signal Beam is only available through Pokébank.

Old Lady Pokemon Trainer

I'm leveling up my pokemon in Frost Cavern before I go for my seventh badge. My question is, I'm on floor 2- room H trying to slide to get tm 79 frost breath, and I can't figure out how to slide to get it. I have been trying for hours. can some one help me with the answer to the puzzle. Thank you to the one's that help me with my question. Merry Christmas everybody!

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I'm leveling up my pokemon in Frost Cavern before I go for my seventh badge. My question is, I'm on floor 2- room H trying to slide to get tm 79 frost breath, and I can't figure out how to slide to get it. I have been trying for hours. can some one help me with the answer to the puzzle. Thank you to the one's that help me with my question. Merry Christmas everybody!

Slide east from the top of the ice spike nearest the entrance, then south, then diagonally north and west. It should be to the south from there.

Jade14

Pokemon Breeder
Can anyone help me in getting a Lansat or Starf berry?

I understand that they were hard to come by & because of that I'm hoping you won't be very difficult in sending it to me (because you know it was hard to get) but I am willing to go out of my way for one..
Thanks

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Can anyone help me in getting a Lansat or Starf berry?

I understand that they were hard to come by & because of that I'm hoping you won't be very difficult in sending it to me (because you know it was hard to get) but I am willing to go out of my way for one..
Thanks

Try this thread.

Orangejuice

This is a rather complicated question.
If you give a Destiny Knot to one of your Pokémon, 5 iv from each parent are randomly passed and if you give one parent a Power Item, one certain iv will be passed from that parent. But what happens, if you use both items to breed? Does the Destiny Knot still work as always? If yes, is it actually possible to increase the chance of having a Pokémon with 6 perfect IVs from 1/32 to 1/6 if both parents have flawless IVs (via the Destiny Knot method) ?

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?
So here is what I found:

I was running around Route 14 last night to try and evolve my Sliggoo and the sky in the battle scene was clouded over. I returned the next day and it was (finally!) raining. The sky changes to predict the weather. Pretty cool :)

Also, a question:
If a am playing an English copy of the game located in the USA, will the Masuda Method work with a Canadian ditto?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
This is a rather complicated question.
If you give a Destiny Knot to one of your Pokémon, 5 iv from each parent are randomly passed and if you give one parent a Power Item, one certain iv will be passed from that parent. But what happens, if you use both items to breed? Does the Destiny Knot still work as always? If yes, is it actually possible to increase the chance of having a Pokémon with 6 perfect IVs from 1/32 to 1/6 if both parents have flawless IVs (via the Destiny Knot method) ?

If you're breeding to flawless Pokemon and one is holding the Destiny Knot then yes, the baby is guaranteed 5 perfect IVs.

So here is what I found:

I was running around Route 14 last night to try and evolve my Sliggoo and the sky in the battle scene was clouded over. I returned the next day and it was (finally!) raining. The sky changes to predict the weather. Pretty cool :)

Also, a question:
If a am playing an English copy of the game located in the USA, will the Masuda Method work with a Canadian ditto?

No, you need a different language.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Does Floette's FS have a set color? Does Vivillon's FS use the version based on the Friend Code or the version based on the 3DS that entered the FC?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Does Floette's FS have a set color? Does Vivillon's FS use the version based on the Friend Code or the version based on the 3DS that entered the FC?

I don't know about Floette, but Vivillons in a Friend Safari will be the pattern of YOUR 3DS, not your friend's.

Earendil

Has anyone experienced connection problems while using Game Sync? I finally got around to registering my copy of Y on the Generation 6 Global Link website, and when I go to upload my Poke Miles, all I get is the message "Game Sync ended because the server is busy. Please try again later."

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Do we know if Celebi was retyped or will we know if its typing changed when Poké Bank comes out with its event ? :p

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Has anyone experienced connection problems while using Game Sync? I finally got around to registering my copy of Y on the Generation 6 Global Link website, and when I go to upload my Poke Miles, all I get is the message "Game Sync ended because the server is busy. Please try again later."

Server was busy, it happens.

Do we know if Celebi was retyped or will we know if its typing changed when Poké Bank comes out with its event ? :p

We already know all the Pokemon that have been retyped. Celebi is not one of them.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter

im pretty sure its random for friend safari floette cuaz fs or not vivillion pattern is depends on your location but all flower colors normal ability are located in your game so its completely random to get a a safari with different color flowers.I don't think it has to do with the wfc number but i could be wrong.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
We already know all the Pokemon that have been retyped. Celebi is not one of them.

Really ? Was there an official announcement ? o:

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

You can only do a game sync with the server every hour (I think it's an hour. Or it might be 30 minutes?). If you try to sync it again before it's been long enough then you get that error message.

Other than that, they might just be doing actual maintenance, which would give that message too.