• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Hm, I'm not sure if this was already asked here, but I guess I'll try to ask anyway.

When it comes to Pokebank/Poketransporter, are transfer-only moves breedable?
(For example, a Gen V Breloom with Drain Punch being able to pass down Drain Punch to a Gen VI Shroomish via breeding?)

Regiultima

Rises with Magnetism
Hm, I'm not sure if this was already asked here, but I guess I'll try to ask anyway.

When it comes to Pokebank/Poketransporter, are transfer-only moves breedable?
(For example, a Gen V Breloom with Drain Punch being able to pass down Drain Punch to a Gen VI Shroomish via breeding?)

Only if the transfer move is also an egg move

Shindouz

Pokemon Breeder
I've been searching for a gligar with the ability Immunity so i can get poison heal as a gliscor later. However all that came into my pokeballs are either sand veil or hyper cutter. Is there something wrong?

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
I've been searching for a gligar with the ability Immunity so i can get poison heal as a gliscor later. However all that came into my pokeballs are either sand veil or hyper cutter. Is there something wrong?

no there is really a wild gligar, its really rare if i'm not mistaken and i think its only found in hordes tbh.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

Catching Horde battle mons with HAs is easier if you can find a way to detect their Ability, such as by poisoning them to test for Immunity.

If you're trying to breed an Immunity Gligar, remember that male Pokemon can only pass HAs when breeding with Ditto, and female Pokemon can't pass HAs when breeding with Ditto.

coolerdynastic

Just wondering because I asked this question before but none have answered.
How does defog works?Removing hazards on the opponent's side?So means it can remove the hazard's from my side?

Kreayshawn

Just wondering because I asked this question before but none have answered.
How does defog works?Removing hazards on the opponent's side?So means it can remove the hazard's from my side?

Removes EVERYTHING on the field. Your side and opponents.

coolerdynastic

Hmm thats interesting, though I rather go for Rapid Spin for that matter lol

DKN117

Legend Tamer
REPOSTING:

I got Pokemon X for Christmas, and plan to use it to evolve my Y Version's trade-evolution Pokemon via back-and-forth trade (if my sister will let me borrow her 3DS for the task, that is, but that's irrelevant to the question). I can't remember: how far do I have to get into X Version to be able to trade with other games? Get my Starter? Beat the first Gym? Meet Prof. Sycamore in Lumiose?

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Can the Bank Celebi be shiny? I guess it's too early to tell. The people who downloaded it before Bank went down are still probably SR'ing to see.

^
You can start trading as soon as you get your starter... Or capture your first Pokemon. I forget. It's really fast though, not even 20 minutes into the game, and it already allows you to trade and wondertrade. GTS needs at least 2 pokemons

Shindouz

Pokemon Breeder
Catching Horde battle mons with HAs is easier if you can find a way to detect their Ability, such as by poisoning them to test for Immunity.

If you're trying to breed an Immunity Gligar, remember that male Pokemon can only pass HAs when breeding with Ditto, and female Pokemon can't pass HAs when breeding with Ditto.

HAs Definition? Yeah I'm trying to find one with immunity then breed it with a ditto so they will all have the same ability when hatched (Destiny Knot) and then the nature can be pass down by ditto itself everstone

wbartholomy

Shiny Collector
I have a Breeding Question...
There are a few starters that have not had there HA "Released" yet (I am looking at you Cyndaquil!)
Is it possible to breed on with Flash Fire now that the father can pass the abilities as well as the mother or do we have to wait?

Ajduk

For completing the national pokedex, do I need any pokemon that came from events?
I see that they have a slot in pokedex, but so does Zapdos in coastal Kalos region and although I do not have it, the game counts that pokedex as completed.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
There are a few starters that have not had there HA "Released" yet (I am looking at you Cyndaquil!)
Is it possible to breed on with Flash Fire now that the father can pass the abilities as well as the mother or do we have to wait?

Males can only pass down their Hidden Abilities when breeding with Ditto.

For completing the national pokedex, do I need any pokemon that came from events?
I see that they have a slot in pokedex, but so does Zapdos in coastal Kalos region and although I do not have it, the game counts that pokedex as completed.

No, event Pokemon aren't needed to 'complete' the Pokedex.

Kreayshawn

You have to wait. You need one that has the HA to breed one with the HA.

fabiopdn

Just a quick breeding question:

In XY generation both parents pass down moves, but does they pass down TM moves?

serebii said:
The way the Pokémon inherits moves are based solely upon the base form's own learnset. The parents that need to know the moves are as follows;

Moves in baby's Level Up: Both Parents
TM Moves: Father (pre-XY)
Egg Moves: Father
Move Tutor Moves: Cannot be bred

So, if I a breed a male pupitar (rock slide + earthquake) with a female cubone (iron head) the baby cubone will learn only iron head?