• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

scelerata

In my Central Kalos Pokedex, Meinshao (whose data I have) has a Pokeball next to it, instead of the Pokedex symbol. I got Meinshao off of the GTS for sake of the Pokedex. It's not the only Pokemon I've gotten off of GTS, but it's the only Pokemon in my Pokedex with the Pokeball beside it. Why?

IMG_20131228_145117_308.jpg

The Meinshao was Japanese (also not the first Jap. Pokemon I've had, by a long shot) and I don't have it anymore. I put it up on the GTS for something else before I noticed whatever it is that's going on here.

Okay, two questions:

(1) Consider a Pokémon, hatched in Generation V (or any earlier generation), having several Egg moves when it hatched. If this Pokémon were transferred to X/Y, would those moves be able to be swapped in and out at will by using the move reminder?

(2) I'm trying to get the Strange Souvenir, and I've seen some posts here saying I need to get it from a hiker by talking to him in hotels on four different days. Is he the same as the hiker on this page who trades you a Magikarp? If it is him, how many times must one talk to him after the trade? Or do I have the wrong guy? Is he better described as a backpacker (since I have heard a few describe him that way)? Or, is there something I must do to get him to appear even after I am stylish enough to get into the Sushi High Roller? (I think that exhausts all the possible options, but I may have missed something!)

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer!

scelerata

In my Central Kalos Pokedex, Meinshao (whose data I have) has a Pokeball next to it, instead of the Pokedex symbol. I got Meinshao off of the GTS for sake of the Pokedex. It's not the only Pokemon I've gotten off of GTS, but it's the only Pokemon in my Pokedex with the Pokeball beside it. Why?

View attachment 11464

The Meinshao was Japanese (also not the first Jap. Pokemon I've had, by a long shot) and I don't have it anymore. I put it up on the GTS for something else before I noticed whatever it is that's going on here.

Another photo, for comparision:

IMG_20131228_145107_955.jpg

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Okay, two questions:

(1) Consider a Pokémon, hatched in Generation V (or any earlier generation), having several Egg moves when it hatched. If this Pokémon were transferred to X/Y, would those moves be able to be swapped in and out at will by using the move reminder?

(2) I'm trying to get the Strange Souvenir, and I've seen some posts here saying I need to get it from a hiker by talking to him in hotels on four different days. Is he the same as the hiker on this page who trades you a Magikarp? If it is him, how many times must one talk to him after the trade? Or do I have the wrong guy? Is he better described as a backpacker (since I have heard a few describe him that way)? Or, is there something I must do to get him to appear even after I am stylish enough to get into the Sushi High Roller? (I think that exhausts all the possible options, but I may have missed something!)

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer!

I'm not sure I can confirm the first question, but if it had the egg moves when it transferred over, then I'd imagine those egg moves would be able to be relearned through the move relearner. I don't see a reason why it wouldn't at least.

For the second question, yeah, you should be taking to a Backpacker. You know you're talking to the correct person if he mentions something about the region he comes from. Being stylish shouldn't have anything to do with it.

Another photo, for comparision:

View attachment 11465

It means you have the Pokemon in your dex, but you have not obtained a Kalos native one (denoted by the little hexagon in the summary). If you breed or catch something within Kalos, it will have the normal symbol and not the Poke Ball. So Unown, for example, cannot get that hexagon and simply has the Poke Ball symbol since it can't be bred or caught in Kalos.

scelerata

It means you have the Pokemon in your dex, but you have not obtained a Kalos native one (denoted by the little hexagon in the summary). If you breed or catch something within Kalos, it will have the normal symbol and not the Poke Ball. So Unown, for example, cannot get that hexagon and simply has the Poke Ball symbol since it can't be bred or caught in Kalos.

Thank you! It was kind of freaking me out. I haven't gotten around to my Nat. Dex yet which I guess is why that didn't occur to me.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Is this Celebi legit?????? I'd like to know :( Its ball its different from the one in SPP, nya~

http://i39.*******.com/1235hcz.jpg
http://i41.*******.com/2w1tbw5.jpg

Have the poke radar mechanics changed? I used a max repel and used the radar. On my way to a shaking patch I keep on encountering a wild pokemon and defeating it does not make more patches shake after the battle. And when I run around to recharge the radar again I keep running into wild pokemon even though I know for sure that I did not step into a patch. How am I supposed to charge the radar this way when these encounters will break the chain and why isn't the repel working :/...?

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Is this Celebi legit?????? I'd like to know :( Its ball its different from the one in SPP, nya~

http://i39.*******.com/1235hcz.jpg
http://i41.*******.com/2w1tbw5.jpg
Its supposed to be in a Luxury Ball?
Have the poke radar mechanics changed? I used a max repel and used the radar. On my way to a shaking patch I keep on encountering a wild pokemon and defeating it does not make more patches shake after the battle. And when I run around to recharge the radar again I keep running into wild pokemon even though I know for sure that I did not step into a patch. How am I supposed to charge the radar this way when these encounters will break the chain and why isn't the repel working :/...?
Is your lead Pokemon higher level than the Pokemon in the grass youre trying to radar? Thats the only thing I can think of.... If the lead is lower level (EG: Sycher, Cute Charmer) repel wont work. If youre using a Ralts or something to synch, keep it in the lead spot fainted to keep the effect of synch while getting repel to work with a higher level Pokemon in slot 2.

Its supposed to be in a Luxury Ball?

Is your lead Pokemon higher level than the Pokemon in the grass youre trying to radar? Thats the only thing I can think of.... If the lead is lower level (EG: Sycher, Cute Charmer) repel wont work. If youre using a Ralts or something to synch, keep it in the lead spot fainted to keep the effect of synch while getting repel to work with a higher level Pokemon in slot 2.

I have a fainted sync ralts in the lead and my second slot pokemon is higher lvl than the wild pokemon..

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
I have a fainted sync ralts in the lead and my second slot pokemon is higher lvl than the wild pokemon..

Could be that they changed the mechanics? Im not sure. I havent really dabbled in synching much in X/Y. Perhaps the Ralts now needs to be higher level? Or depending on where youre chaining, you could need to turn the brightness up and you could be possibly running into chain breakers that you cant see. Im not entirely sure, just trying to help with some ideas.

:( So i guess its hacked then? nya~

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?623597-Serebii-net-Pok%E9mon-Bank-Pok%E9-Transporter-New-XY-Stuff-Discovery-Thread&p=16776726#post16776726
Says Luxury Ball?

Last edited:

shikatema88

Is there an item that can be held by Pokemon at the daycare that makes the offspring stronger or shinier?

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
Is there an item that can be held by Pokemon at the daycare that makes the offspring stronger or shinier?
There are the Power items (Power Band, Power Bracer, Power Lens, etc) and the Destiny Knot that allow the parents to more easily pass down desired IVs and the Everstone which passes down the nature of the one holding it, both of which, if given the right IVs and nature, can be considered making the offspring stronger. There are no held items that increase the likelihood of a Shiny, but you can put two Pokemon from differing regions/languages together in the daycare which will double the chance of getting a shiny. You can also get the Shiny Charm which does the same thing by completing the National Dex, though it might not affect eggs anymore.

Ajduk

Ok, I've got every non event legendary pokemon there is and there is still too much space between them and next generation starters.
Maybe I've missed something?
Legendary pokemon that I have are:
All kanto, missing mew
All Jotho, missing celebi
All Hoenn, missing jirachi and deoxys
Sinnoh: palkia, dialga giratina, regigigas, heatran, azelf, uxie, mesprit
Unova: Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Virizion, Terrakion, CObalion, Landorus, Thundurus, Tornadus

I am missing several entries in sinnoh after the legendaries and several in unova, after the legendaries.
Do both forms of Giratina have their pokedex entry? Do both forms of Kyurem have their pokedex entry? Rotom forms, maybe?
What did I miss?

Pls help asap. I've only got today and tomorrow to finish the national pokedex :D

Nuunna

Ok, I've got every non event legendary pokemon there is and there is still too much space between them and next generation starters.
Maybe I've missed something?
Legendary pokemon that I have are:
All kanto, missing mew
All Jotho, missing celebi
All Hoenn, missing jirachi and deoxys
Sinnoh: palkia, dialga giratina, regigigas, heatran, azelf, uxie, mesprit
Unova: Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Virizion, Terrakion, CObalion, Landorus, Thundurus, Tornadus

I am missing several entries in sinnoh after the legendaries and several in unova, after the legendaries.
Do both forms of Giratina have their pokedex entry? Do both forms of Kyurem have their pokedex entry? Rotom forms, maybe?
What did I miss?

Pls help asap. I've only got today and tomorrow to finish the national pokedex :D

One that seems to miss for me this instant is Cresselia, in Black/White 2 you can get it once you have gotten the Lunar Wing, then it comes to you at Marvelous Bridge. So that would be another for the Sinnoh dex.

Other then that its probally Phione/Manaphy from the Sinnoh dex aswell, though im not 100% positive about that.

Ajduk

One that seems to miss for me this instant is Cresselia, in Black/White 2 you can get it once you have gotten the Lunar Wing, then it comes to you at Marvelous Bridge. So that would be another for the Sinnoh dex.

Other then that its probally Phione/Manaphy from the Sinnoh dex aswell, though im not 100% positive about that.

Aren't both of them event pokemon?

Nuunna

Aren't both of them event pokemon?

I am unsure about Phione/Manaphy, But I thought they weren't event pokemon, but that just be my idea!
Cresselia defo isn't, in black/white 2 you can find the Lunar Wing in the Strange House, and after that you bring it to Marvelous Bridge, thus not making it a event pokemon anymore =)