• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Arceus500

When did the 3rd Gen 4th gen HA get released? I have never seen it announced or found for Dream World or Hidden Grottos. Was it a Japan event or something?

Yes, they were released in Japan
Edit: Also for 4th gen, Im pretty sure that there were specially marked packages in America that contained codes for the HA starters

Last edited:

Eleven

Pkmn League RunnerUp
I'm experiencing difficulties in breeding an axew with dragon dance. Both parents, fraxures, know the move and yet axew, who does learn it leveling up, is not getting it. Anybody know what's going on?

AlchemistAzure

I thought with X & Y they fixed the "Impossible" trade requests on the GTS. But I've seen people asking for evolved Pokemon at lower levels than they evolve at. Is there any way I could report this through the GTS? Or would I need a screen shot and send it off to Nintendo (for all the good that might do)?
[Edit note: to clarify, I even check to make sure the Pokemon were not available in the wild at the levels requested, and none of them were]

Eleven

Pkmn League RunnerUp
Did you check to see if they were available in the pal park? Many pokemon, such as fraxure and breloom, are available at level 30 even though they don't evolve until a later point.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
If you completed the Kalos Pokedex, would you get anything for completing it?

Shiny Charm. Shame you don't get anything else. In B2/W2, completing the National Dex lets you go to the Nature Preserve and catch a shiny Haxorus... Or was that for completing the Regional Dex? I forget.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Shiny Charm. Shame you don't get anything else. In B2/W2, completing the National Dex lets you go to the Nature Preserve and catch a shiny Haxorus... Or was that for completing the Regional Dex? I forget.

I'm sure Shiny Charm is only obtainable if you completed National Pokedex (including X/Y games). Looks like we'll get nothing for completing the Kalos Pokedex. :/

Is there a way to tell the difference between the legit ones and the hacked ones in the Pokemon's Summary (aside from trying to put Pokemon into the Pokemon Bank)?

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Is there a way to tell the difference between the legit ones and the hacked ones in the Pokemon's Summary (aside from trying to put Pokemon into the Pokemon Bank)?

No, there isn't a way. You'd have to check it manually and see if it raises any red flags.

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
Whats the best moveset and nature for Mega Banette and Mega Aggron? How do you teach Banette Trickroom?

Last edited:

Shindouz

Pokemon Breeder
Does a wartortle with a rain dish ability really rare? Because I've hunting it in my safari and almost got 3 boxes full all TORRENT ability?

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
Does a wartortle with a rain dish ability really rare? Because I've hunting it in my safari and almost got 3 boxes full all TORRENT ability?
Have you ever been online at the same time as the person who owns that Safari? Hidden Abilities only appear if you have.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Whats the best moveset and nature for Mega Banette and Mega Aggron?

It depends on what kind of set you want to run on them. Mega Banette is usually either a Prankster supporter or a hard hitter, though both sets will run Destiny Bond, as Prankster Destiny Bond is kind of Mega Banette's thing. Mega Aggron typically runs a tankier set with a Relaxed nature, sometimes using ResTalk sets to restore HP.

How do you teach Banette Trickroom?

TM92.