• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

DanteKoriyu

It can take that long, if the goddess of probability hates you.

I know the pain. I horde battled Mareep with a fainted Static!Pikachu for over a week, and I still haven't gotten my shiny. I gave up for like a month and I'll try again when Bank is out and I have my Shiny Charm.

I did encounter a Shiny during the hunt though, a Tauros about 20 minutes in on the first day (Mareep battles before and after it), but not a sinlge one in that area since...

Last edited:

Ajduk

I know the pain. I horde battled Mareep with a fainted Static!Pikachu for over a week, and I still haven't gotten my shiny. I gave up for like a month and I'll try again when Bank is out and I have my Shiny Charm.

Yeah, but I have the charm and still nothing.

DanteKoriyu

My horde battles are effectively the same thing as using the Shiny Charm in regular single battles. With 5 Pokemon on the field, the odds are much higher that the RNG would roll a match for at least one of them, but still nothing. Yet, you're complaining about not getting a shiny after four hours. Try it for like 100 and then I'll take it as a valid complaint.

Ajduk

My horde battles are effectively the same thing as using the Shiny Charm in regular single battles. With 5 Pokemon on the field, the odds are much higher that the RNG would roll a match for at least one of them, but still nothing. Yet, you're complaining about not getting a shiny after four hours. Try it for like 100 and then I'll take it as a valid complaint.

Leveled up to evolution every single pokemon in horde battles and no shiny.

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
Still no exact "increased" rate of getting shiny in FS eh?

In addition to completing the pokedex, do you also have to have the Pokebank to get shiny charm?

DanteKoriyu

Only two I ever got from the Safari were Pachirisu and Gabite. Pretty much all of mine have come from fishing or hordes, without the charm: Geodude, Floatzel, Trevenant, Tauros, etc. And the only ones I were hunting for actively were the fishing catches, everything else was just luck.

Any time I want a shiny via Masuda Method or Friend Safari, I never get it.

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
I got 20 shinies in my X, 2 from fishing, 1 from MM and 17 from Friend Safari... Funny I got my two shiny ivysaurs after approximately 3 encounters. Been hunting for Shiny Quiladdin for almost 5 days now... I used to get one shiny everyday.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Unknown, but the general idea is that thete is one since FS shinies tend to apprar way more often.

People get that idea due to most shiny hunting taking place in the Friend Safari (due to better odds of getting a specific shiny than REs, better IVs and the chance for a Hidden Ability, as well as the rumor that the shiny rate is increased), which leads to inflated reports of people finding shinies in the Friend Safari.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
z

Unknown, but the general idea is that thete is one since FS shinies tend to apprar way more often.

People get that idea due to most shiny hunting taking place in the Friend Safari (due to better odds of getting a specific shiny than REs, better IVs and the chance for a Hidden Ability, as well as the rumor that the shiny rate is increased), which leads to inflated reports of people finding shinies in the Friend Safari.

This, and because of this, you shouldn't assume that there is a boosted chance until it can be confirmed for sure. When it comes to probability, you should always operate under the assumption of the lowest possible confirmed chances given the circumstances. With that in mind, it's best to assume that there isn't one, until you can prove that there is. When you account for Murphey's Law, it's always best to do what you can to account for as much as you can.

But, even if there is a boosted chance, that doesn't guarantee you to ever see one. Probability, at the very core of it's nature, can and will eventually screw you like a flat-headed carpenter's screw. Look at it like this, even if you have a 50% chance of success, even after 100 coin flips, the possibility still exists that you'll never once get heads.

liam99

Hey all.

Just something im wondering and hoping someone can provide a answer for perhaps im just having a stupid moment.

Im in the Terminus Cave, infront of Zygarde. Ive saved and im trying to catch myself a jolly Zygarde. i spent about 18 hours breeding ralts to get a jolly syncro one. (i was very unlucky) so im entering battle with ralts in the lead position then i switch him out and catch the Zygarde. so far 5 attempts and it has not been a jolly nature. so am i missing something here. its been a while since ive played so im a little out of the loop possibly.

Does the syncro method work on legendary's?

Have i done something wrong here?

Or is it just that im being very unlucky lol?

i thought i had a 50 percent chance of the pokemon im capturing having the nature of my syncro ralts.

If someone could give me an answer i would be very thankful.

liam99

Edit to above question. I found my own answer...well i think i did.

7th time lucky. i caught with a jolly nature. which can mean one of 2 things either it does work and i was just having an unlucky streak of the 50/50 chance or it dosnt work at all and i just got lucky and got the nature i wanted on the 7th attempt. so for anyone else out there i think it does work.. im about to head to mewtwo so ill have a better idea soon.