• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

JoshRJV77

Probability is a heartless b*tch.

It happens.

No kidding! I've got the shiny charm and have been horde hunting with sweet scent for a shiny zubat for the last 2 days with no luck! Not to mention weeks of FS hunting only producing 1 shiny (before shiny charm)! AND I've never found a shiny in a horde!

Nulava

Banned
Does shiny charm affect pokeradar?

No, it shouldn't.
After all, the Shiny Charm and PokeRadar are two different items for different purposes.

Tintin10121

TheBeast
I had a bet with my brother that i could get all of the legendary dogs before him, he already has 2..... so would anybody be willing to trade me Entei for a cheap pokemon? My 3ds FC is 4141-3498-6079

Last edited:

Tintin10121

TheBeast
K thanks that was helpfull

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
Hey all.

Just something im wondering and hoping someone can provide a answer for perhaps im just having a stupid moment.

Im in the Terminus Cave, infront of Zygarde. Ive saved and im trying to catch myself a jolly Zygarde. i spent about 18 hours breeding ralts to get a jolly syncro one. (i was very unlucky) so im entering battle with ralts in the lead position then i switch him out and catch the Zygarde. so far 5 attempts and it has not been a jolly nature. so am i missing something here. its been a while since ive played so im a little out of the loop possibly.

Does the syncro method work on legendary's?

Have i done something wrong here?

Or is it just that im being very unlucky lol?

i thought i had a 50 percent chance of the pokemon im capturing having the nature of my syncro ralts.

If someone could give me an answer i would be very thankful.

Well my Modest Syncro Ralts did work on Moltres..

D!3g0

I need a fourth move for my Greninja, I'd like some suggestions.

Lvl 84
Ability: Torrent
Extrasensory
Surf
Dark Pulse
236/191/152/210/279

AlchemistAzure

I'd say either hydro pump since it's the strongest water type move it can learn or ice beam/blizzard to counter grass types.

I'd disagree. With it knowing Extrasensory, it can handle most Grass types (trust me, I have it on mine and have little problem). Teach it Dig. That way you can combat Electric Types.

sprite

Happy holidays. Thanks to those who answered my previous asked questions.

I received an "Abra" from a trade, but the name is "bit.ly/luigy." Is that Pokemon safe, like that "Pokemon" won't affect the game in any hidden way, like "messing up any data?"

Last edited:

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
Happy holidays. Thanks to those who answered my previous asked questions.

I received an "Abra" from a trade, but the name is "bit.ly/luigy." Is that Pokemon safe, like that "Pokemon" won't affect the game in any hidden way, like "messing up any data?"

No no, it's just someone promoting a youtube video...jeez people...why all the worry?

majinstrings

Whenever I'm breeding a Pokémon with Ditto the guy always says "The two don't seem to like each other very much"...except for when I'm breeding Ditto with Pokémon I've received in trades...

Is this just a coincidence or is it part of Ditto's breeding mechanic to not get along with Pokémon you've caught yourself?

Nikomajor

*Psystrike*
Whenever I'm breeding a Pokémon with Ditto the guy always says "The two don't seem to like each other very much"...except for when I'm breeding Ditto with Pokémon I've received in trades...

Is this just a coincidence or is it part of Ditto's breeding mechanic to not get along with Pokémon you've caught yourself?

It's a part of Ditto's breeding mechanic, why this is so? I have no idea. Maybe because ditto 'transforms' into the other pokemon is why this happens.

Buttons

Mountain Trainer
It's a part of Ditto's breeding mechanic, why this is so? I have no idea. Maybe because ditto 'transforms' into the other pokemon is why this happens.
http://www.serebii.net/games/breed.shtml

Different species with same ID numbers:
Chance of getting an egg; 20% | Statement; "The two don't seem to like each other"

Breeding mechanics. Ditto is its own Egg Group; so it is forever a 'different species' and why MM shiny hunters would kill for a 6IV foreign Ditto.

Moving onto my question. Can Hidden abilities be bred into pokemon if they CAN have them? Say I have a female Torrent Squirtle and a male Rain Dish Lotad, will any of the egg pokemon ever hatch a Squirtle with Rain Dish as its ability?

http://www.serebii.net/games/hiddenability.shtml
.-. sigh, 'However, if the female Pokémon has the Dream World ability, there is a high chance that the ability of the offspring will be the ability it has listed for Dream World abilities. However, if the male Pokémon has the Dream World ability and the female doesn't, and if you breed the female with a Ditto, the Pokémon will definitely not get the Dream World ability.'
^ is this still accurate?

Last edited:

Shindouz

Pokemon Breeder
DO i have to be online at the same time with the user of the safari in order to get a wartortle with rain dish ability? I got all torrent :(