• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Arceus500

What is the chance of catching a flawless legendary in xy?

NPlay

1 in 32768.
1 in 65536 if you use Synchro to get a good nature (50% chance of it working if I remember correctly).

:)

Ajduk

I've seen tons of wifi battle videos on youtube, but all of them are 6v6.
When I go to battle spot, I can't find a 6v6 battle. Where is it?
Also, since EV points really show their value at lvl 100, is there an online battle
where I can use lvl 100 pokemon? Because if I can't, then what is the point of
EV training.

Turak

I'm trying to trade on the TTS, but have run into strange behavior. I'm trying to trade one of my 60+ Eevee to someone, but the GTS says "the Pokémon can't be traded". The Eevee has no nickname. The strange thing is, I can trade my two foreign Eevee, one of which is still named Eevee. Any ideas why?

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
I thought Serebii had said the Bank went offline but Pokemon can still be transferred directly to the game?

Really annoying how poor Nintendo's servers are that they have to delay everything so much. So glad all of Asia got to enjoy it for a day...

No. What he said was that if you have already downloaded the Japanese version of Pokémon Bank, you can now download the PokéTransporter supplemental app if you hadn't already done so. Those who already have the Bank (prior to it borking the eShop), already have full access to it and now the Transporter app as well.

For those who have not downloaded Pokémon Bank, you cannot transfer your Pokémon yet.

I'm trying to trade on the TTS, but have run into strange behavior. I'm trying to trade one of my 60+ Eevee to someone, but the GTS says "the Pokémon can't be traded". The Eevee has no nickname. The strange thing is, I can trade my two foreign Eevee, one of which is still named Eevee. Any ideas why?

There are a few reasons why you can't trade a Pokémon aside from nickname.

First, HM moves. You cannot trade a Pokémon from your party if it knows an HM move. They added this to the games when they added the ability to trade from any location, as a means to prevent you from getting stuck somewhere without the appropriate HM move to get yourself back out. Like, Surfing onto a small island, trading away your only Pokémon capable of learning Surf, then forever being stuck because you didn't think ahead.

Second is legitimacy. If a Pokémon is poorly hacked (which, is possible in Sixth Generation, believe it or not, albeit a bit of a stretch) the games won't let you trade them. Now, this isn't a practical reason right now, considering that the only way this is possibly get a hacked Pokémon is for it to be hacked well enough to pass the current Pokémon Bank (provided you have it already) hack checking system. If that's possible, then by rights it should also be allowed to be traded.

Third, is that it's your only party member. You can't trade Pokémon if you only have one Pokémon in your roster. Eggs don't count. This is mainly crash protection, considering that if the game has a communication error that deletes your Pokémon, it won't know what to do when you have no party members. There are no functions or scripts built to handle that situation, because that situation is never supposed to arise. Why is it programmed that way? Simple. Programming space. It takes less effort and space to cover as many bases as you can to avoid getting into that situation by putting simple messages that prevent the player from removing all their Pokémon at once, than it is to write an entire function to be recalled every time you encounter a situation where one of your party members gets called on, in the event that you have none.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Need help deciding move set for my infernape:
Jolly nature
Iron Fist ability
Level 42
Known moves- Fire punch, thunder punch, close combat and dig
Open to suggestions

Jolly Infernape usually goes with a CB set, running Close Combat/Flare Blitz/Thunder Punch/U-turn|Mach Punch with 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe.

I've seen tons of wifi battle videos on youtube, but all of them are 6v6.
When I go to battle spot, I can't find a 6v6 battle. Where is it?
Also, since EV points really show their value at lvl 100, is there an online battle
where I can use lvl 100 pokemon? Because if I can't, then what is the point of
EV training.

You can battle people on your friend list in 6v6 Lv. 100 battles.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
I see. Oh well.

Hopefully lazytendo gets to finally releasing it eventually. Not sure why it even had to wait until December anyway, and why it wasn't worldwide like the game release.

They probably waited until December so that people have time to enjoy their X and Y games for what they are, rather than being "just the next installment". You know, a slow drip before opening the entire floodgate.

And, I wouldn't call them lazy. The whole purpose of the bank is to make it significantly easier on us in the future.

I mean, right now, do you know what it would take to get a Pokémon from Ruby to X? Think about it. First, I would need to get six Pokémon in my Ruby Version to transfer, and make sure they have no HM's or Items. Then, I need to get any Fourth Gen game (I use Heart Gold to avoid the daily lockout) in my DS-lite or DS-phat (it must have the GBA slot) go to the Pal Park and migrate them from Ruby to Heart Gold. I'd have to play the (first) silly catching mini-game before I actually GET the Pokémon in Heart Gold. Save, shut off this one, and turn it back on to get to the DS dashboard. Then, I need to grab a second DS, and insert any Fifth Gen game, and go to the PokeTransfer Lab. I gotta go through the entire process of doing a DS Download play for the PokeTransfer. I have to play the (second) silly catching game before I actually GET the Pokémon in my Fifth Gen game. Well, two-thirds of the way there! Now, I have to go deposit them in my First PC Box, and load up the PokéTransfer App to pull the Pokémon from Fifth Gen to the Pokémon Bank, and ultimately into my X version. Oh, and did I mention that this can only be done with six Pokémon at a time? Yeah, imagine how it is for people like me who easily have upwards of a thousand. Now, imagine if this monotony perpetuated through the entire lifespan of Pokémon. Six Pokémon at a time, necessity of using increasingly aged hardware.

Think of it in another ten years when we're all playing Tenth Generation Pokémon. Do you have it in you to do SEVEN transfers just to bring your in-game team from your Ruby version all the way to your Tenth Gen game?

The whole point of the Bank is to have a universal storage point that automatically upgrades to the newest generation, compatible with all games, and allowing intrapersonal transferring between games using only a single handheld device. And, to allow transfers from Fifth Gen to Sixth Gen to happen five times faster, doing 30 Pokémon at a time, rather than 6.

Last edited:

Nulava

Banned

Bluemiracle

Biologist
what are the chances of the offspring having HA if both parents have it?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
what are the chances of the offspring having HA if both parents have it?

Only the female can pass it down, so your chances aren't increased. The only time males can pass it down is when breeding with Ditto.

If I trade my freshly obtained starter over to another game, train it to a high level, then trade it back to its OT, will it still be able to be controlled?

Yes it will.

Thefourelements

Can u get heart scales from your redeemed poke miles and if so how. Cause, it doesn't show up in my shop.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
No you can't.

Heart Scales are in my Pokemile shop on the website, but I dont think they appear in game to buy. They cost 100 miles each.

Buttons

Mountain Trainer
Can u get heart scales from your redeemed poke miles and if so how. Cause, it doesn't show up in my shop.
Easiest way to get Heart Scales is to get a Butterfree with Compoundeyes, have it dead in the first slot of the party, get a Gothette with Frisk and teach it Thief, put the Gothette in the 2nd slot of the party, and chain fish Luvdisc.

The Compoundeyes increases the chance of Heart Scales to appear, then your Gothette Frisks the Luvdisc as the battle starts. Use thief to steal the item then take the item from Gothette. Having a False Swipe pokemon in the 2nd slot to ez-catch the 1HP Luvdisc also works (if you want to shiny chain while doing this).

Thefourelements

[/Can u get heart scales from your redeemed poke miles and if so how. Cause, it doesn't show up in my shop.
Easiest way to get Heart Scales is to get a Butterfree with Compoundeyes, have it dead in the first slot of the party, get a Gothette with Frisk and teach it Thief, put the Gothette in the 2nd slot of the party, and chain fish Luvdisc.

The Compoundeyes increases the chance of Heart Scales to appear, then your Gothette Frisks the Luvdisc as the battle starts. Use thief to steal the item then take the item from Gothette. Having a False Swipe pokemon in the 2nd slot to ez-catch the 1HP Luvdisc also works (if you want to shiny chain while doing this).QUOTE]

Thanks, I will have to do this. Also when you do the inverse battle on route 18 the prizes he gives out if you win are those random or do the go in order?

skoo_l

Guys I have a question. So I know that pokebank was released in Japan and eventually taken off the market. I recently got a Japanese Tododile, Japanese Cyndaquil, and the Japanese water starter from the previous generation. Is there a way to know if they are legit?

Arceus500

Guys I have a question. So I know that pokebank was released in Japan and eventually taken off the market. I recently got a Japanese Tododile, Japanese Cyndaquil, and the Japanese water starter from the previous generation. Is there a way to know if they are legit?

Moves, Ability, Item. They all help. If they have their hidden ability(Sheer Force, Flash Fire and Shell Armor respectively), then they're not legal because their HA is not released yet. Hope that helps!