• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

frozenslayer

Hey guys question here ! I want a Conkeldurr with fire punch and thunder punch in this gen , but it cant learn it , if i bring over a timburr with FP and TP from the previous gen to this gen and then breed that said timburr can i retain the moves?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Hey guys question here ! I want a Conkeldurr with fire punch and thunder punch in this gen , but it cant learn it , if i bring over a timburr with FP and TP from the previous gen to this gen and then breed that said timburr can i retain the moves?

Fire Punch and Thunderpunch are not Egg Moves, so no.

shadowF

if I want to breed a charmander with the egg move dragon dance then what should the parent have in its movepool?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
if I want to breed a charmander with the egg move dragon dance then what should the parent have in its movepool?

Dragon Dance?

soundsci

Does anybody know what it means when a sort of flashing blue orb appears over your an acquaintance's (or friend or passerby's) character avatar in the game?

I'd never seen it before but my first wild encounter after it showed up was with a shiny sigilyph and I'm wondering if there was any correlation between those two events O_O

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Does anybody know what it means when a sort of flashing blue orb appears over your an acquaintance's (or friend or passerby's) character avatar in the game?

I'd never seen it before but my first wild encounter after it showed up was with a shiny sigilyph and I'm wondering if there was any correlation between those two events O_O

It means they're using an O-Power.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Is there a way to make Shinies more of a chance to appear in the Friend Safari or is it just hte normal chance?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Is there a way to make Shinies more of a chance to appear in the Friend Safari or is it just hte normal chance?

Aside from the shiny charm, there's no way to increase the chance of a Friend Safari shiny. Apparently, there might be a higher shiny rate in the Safari, but it's not possible to confirm anything about FS odds being different since so many more people hunt in there.

D!3g0

My Goodra is at level 76 and here are her stats:

247/176/147/222/270/138

It currently knows: Dragon Pulse, Muddy Water, Rain Dance and Sludge Bomb. I was considering on getting rid of Muddy Water and replacing it with Thunder, what do you guys think?

Also my Aromatssie:

Level 76: 251/143/145/195/154/88

It knows: Psychic, Moonblast, Calm Mind and Echoed Voice, any suggestions?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
What are you planning to use your Pokemon for? What are their teammates?

Context is important if you want anything resembling useful advice.

During game play, a player can find TM 12 (Taunt) in Lysandre Labs by talking to a Team Flare Grunt.

Apparently, I must not have spoken to the correct grunt, since I didn't get the TM.

I have now beaten the E-4, and the Champion. Went back to Lysandre Labs, but the place is completely empty.

Aside from restarting my game, is there any other way for me to still obtain TM 12?

Summer Sun!
Is there some sort of XY hackcheck? i got a lugia and was questioning it cause it says from hoenn

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I have now beaten the E-4, and the Champion. Went back to Lysandre Labs, but the place is completely empty.

Aside from restarting my game, is there any other way for me to still obtain TM 12?

The Grunt should still be in Lysandre Labs, even after the rest of the place is cleared (for basically this purpose). It should be in one of the rooms of the western portion of first floor.

Is there some sort of XY hackcheck? i got a lugia and was questioning it cause it says from hoenn

That's possible, because of the Naval Rock event. However, the hack check Poké Transporter uses isn't all that thorough, so if you're uncertain, you may want to see if there's anything else suspicious about it, and use your judgement.

Last edited:

D!3g0

What are you planning to use your Pokemon for? What are their teammates?

Context is important if you want anything resembling useful advice.

Online battling.

Noivern

241/120/152/195/137/259

Boomburst, Hurricanem /Dragon Pulse, ???

Meowstic

255/128/141/144/142/215

Shadow Ball (thinking of replacing it with Dark Pulse)
Signal Beam
Disarming Voice
Psychic

Trevenant

232/210/126/135/157/119

Poison Jab, Phantom Force, X-Scissor, Horn Leech

Delphox

214/151/145/221/173/170

Shadow Ball, Psychic, Flamethorwer, Will-O-Wsip

Buttons

Mountain Trainer

The grunt is still there. I got mine post elite 4
There are guides on youtube that cover all TM locations in Kalos, its how I figured out how to get a couple myself.

@D!3g0 Posting raw stat totals like that doesn't actually tell us much about the pokemon. What does is the IVs of the pokemon, nature/characteristic, and EV growth.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Online battling.

I don't know what items or Abilities you're running, but eh

There are better Pokemon than Goodra to abuse Rain Dance + whatever move; considering that using Rain Dance robs you of a coverage slot and a turn to use it, and considering that you risk giving your opposing team a boost while using a team that isn't really built to take too much advantage of the move yourself, you're usually better off just running four attacks on it. Offensively inclined Goodra typically runs Draco Meteor in conjunction with a Fire move for neutral coverage, then picks the other two slots based on what else it wants to beat; using Thunderbolt is good for switchins like Azumarill and Togekiss, whereas Sludge Bomb is better against Sylveon and Florges. Focus Blast can be used for Tyranitar, whereas Dragon Tail can phaze lots of things (and is probably better for non-Choice Goodra).

Aromatisse is probably fine if you insist on using it as a CM tank, though it's going to be walled outright by any Steel-type and is going to probably lose its boosts once it's forced to switch. I'd say replace Echoed Voice with either a better coverage move, like Thunderbolt or something, or something like Reflect or Aromatherapy to help play team support. Charm could be interesting, considering the majority of Steels are physical; ideally, you'd predict the switchin, Charm it, and CM in their face, though that's a bit prediction-dependent and very gimmicky.

Summer Sun!
Its Japanese, Mild, has pressure, has a stat spread of 370/224/269/242/343/250. Lv 100 Has ice beam, Aeroblast, Thunderbol and psychic. Has the champion ribbion and effort ribbion. does anything seem off?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Its Japanese, Mild, has pressure, has a stat spread of 370/224/269/242/343/250. Lv 100 Has ice beam, Aeroblast, Thunderbol and psychic. Has the champion ribbion and effort ribbion. does anything seem off?

I can't say anything about that, because I don't know what the stats are derived from. All of its moves and ribbons and such are legal, as far as I can tell (but the Transporter would've caught any illegal moves or EVs anyway, so meh).

There is never any guarantee that the Pokemon you get in a trade will be legitimate, ever. However, you can determine whether or not a Pokemon is legal, which this one appears to be from the (limited) information you gave. Whether or not you want to use it is up to you.

Nulava

Banned
My Goodra is at level 76 and here are her stats:

247/176/147/222/270/138

It currently knows: Dragon Pulse, Muddy Water, Rain Dance and Sludge Bomb. I was considering on getting rid of Muddy Water and replacing it with Thunder, what do you guys think?

Also my Aromatssie:

Level 76: 251/143/145/195/154/88

It knows: Psychic, Moonblast, Calm Mind and Echoed Voice, any suggestions?

Online battling.

Noivern

241/120/152/195/137/259

Boomburst, Hurricanem /Dragon Pulse, ???

Meowstic

255/128/141/144/142/215

Shadow Ball (thinking of replacing it with Dark Pulse)
Signal Beam
Disarming Voice
Psychic

Trevenant

232/210/126/135/157/119

Poison Jab, Phantom Force, X-Scissor, Horn Leech

Delphox

214/151/145/221/173/170

Shadow Ball, Psychic, Flamethorwer, Will-O-Wsip

Try this thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?286-6th-Gen-In-Game-RMT