• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
No you wont. You can only get IF Ice Punch is an Egg Move for Mawile

So is there any way I can get a Mawile with me as its OT + Ice punch without having to transfer one from Gen 5?

CallMyName

No you wont. You can only get IF Ice Punch is an Egg Move for Mawile

If the pokemon is placed in a party, it should take a few days to be gone. Pokerus is helpful in EV training and can be spread to other pokemon for EV training.
Note that Pokerus will not disappear when you placed inside the PC until the day your game corrupts
thx for the reply :D

coolerdynastic

No, there isn't.
Mawile can learn Ice Punch via Move Tutor in the Black and White games.

Generation 6 lacks Move Tutors.

Yup, you cant inherit transferable only moves unless is an Egg Move and I believe Extremespeed Dratini is possible since it is a transfer move from Gen 5 but is an Egg Move too

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
I know there's a couple of legendaries that aren't needed for you to finish the National Dex (or at least obtain the Shiny Charm) but I'm not sure which ones exactly. Can someone help?

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I know there's a couple of legendaries that aren't needed for you to finish the National Dex (or at least obtain the Shiny Charm) but I'm not sure which ones exactly. Can someone help?

anything event only. Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus, Meloetta, Victini?, genesect, keldeo, diancie, the other one, and, my favorite, volcanion.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.

Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie, Volcanion, Hoopa.

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie, Volcanion, Hoopa.

Ok, cheers!

Duckzorz

nobody answered me in the ev/iv thread so ill post this again here...

just caught a shiny larvesta, timid, with iv's 30/30/37/4/30/10.
not the best iv's but i spent a lot of time looking for the shiny.
can anyone help me with the best moveset and EVs please?
edit: has flame body as well.

Curvee

|-PokemonMaster-|
Hello everyone~ !! I had a question concerning the new breeding mechanics of X/Y. For example lets say I am trying to breed a Male Anticipation Eevee with a Female Run Away/Adaptability Eevee or some other Eeveelution that does not have its hidden ability, would the baby have a slim chance of hatching with its hidden ability or must it absolutely be with a Ditto~ ?? o ^ o

I have been wondering because I was planning to breed for hidden abilities in special balls such as apricorn's and the likes in the future. <3 I thank you all very much in advance for your help~ !!

Nulava

Banned
Hello everyone~ !! I had a question concerning the new breeding mechanics of X/Y. For example lets say I am trying to breed a Male Anticipation Eevee with a Female Run Away/Adaptability Eevee or some other Eeveelution that does not have its hidden ability, would the baby have a slim chance of hatching with its hidden ability or must it absolutely be with a Ditto~ ?? o ^ o

I have been wondering because I was planning to breed for hidden abilities in special balls such as apricorn's and the likes in the future. <3 I thank you all very much in advance for your help~ !!

Males are only able to pass down their Hidden Ability when breeding with a Ditto. When breeding with anything else they cannot pass on their ability.

Curvee

|-PokemonMaster-|
Males are only able to pass down their Hidden Ability when breeding with a Ditto. When breeding with anything else they cannot pass on their ability.

I see~ !! Thank you very much for the quick answer Nulava. <3 You just saved me from wasting a lot of time and effort for nothing~ !! I will use that time to go Safari hunting for some Female Eevee's instead.

Hi, If I mega evolve a solar power Charizard to it's Y form, can he take advantage of solar power even if he's mega evolved? or does he lose SP boost for Drought? thanks.

Nulava

Banned
Hi, If I mega evolve a solar power Charizard to it's Y form, can he take advantage of solar power even if he's mega evolved? or does he lose SP boost for Drought? thanks.

No, it can't.
Charizard will gain the Drought ability as a trait when it Mega Evolves into Charizard Y.

Drought works similar to Sunny Day.
Weather changes to Intense Sunshine when the Pokémon enters the battle. As of X & Y, this lasts 5 turns.

Base Stats (Charizard -> Mega Charizard Y)

HP: 78-> 78
Atk 84-> 104
Def 78-> 78
SpA 109-> 159
SpD 85-> 115
Speed 100-> 100

No, it can't.
Charizard will gain the Drought ability as a trait when it Mega Evolves into Charizard Y.

Drought works similar to Sunny Day.
Weather changes to Intense Sunshine when the Pokémon enters the battle. As of X & Y, this lasts 5 turns.

Base Stats (Charizard -> Mega Charizard Y)

HP: 78-> 78
Atk 84-> 104
Def 78-> 78
SpA 109-> 159
SpD 85-> 115
Speed 100-> 100

Thanks. Charizard Y would've been so overpowered if it did lol, oh well.

Btw I like your sig, I can hear Twilight Town's theme song playing when I look at it lol. *sigh* so many fun and creepy memories:)

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
What Nature is better for both Moltres and Zygarde? Seeing as I'm two away from completing the Kalos Pokedex.