• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Hi,
What are the different regions you can get pokemon from? I am trying to get all the versions of a certain pokemon from different regions.

I've found the pokemon from:
The U.S., Germany, France, and Japan
I know there are: Italy and Korea as well.

Anyone have a complete list?
All of those, plus Spain.

FYI USA, UK and Australia are counted as one region.

So I've finished all the regional dexes, yet at Central Kalos it doesn't add the crown to its name in the pokedex (150 caught, right?)
Coastal and Mountain do have the crown, and it's certain nothing's missing.

What can be the problem?

Wait, do you have the Oval charm, or is your only concern to see the Crown thingy appear?

Jack5326

I have a Male Ralts with four egg moves and a female with none. I want the offspring to have all four. Will the four moves all pass down or will some of the generic moves from the female also pass too?

Thanks!

Rocketeer

K-9 Brigade
I'm having the same problem with my Coastal dex. I'm thinking the problem might be where the Pokemon were originally caught. Are all the Pokemon in your Central dex caught or bred in Kalos? Because the only difference I have is that my Gorebyss and Zapdos were caught in other regions and they have the Pokeball symbol rather than the Kalos one.

So to get the pretty crown, they probably all have to be from Kalos. Well, that's my assumption anyways.

I have gotten a Japanese Pidgey (shiny) traded through WonderTrade once, but it was nicknamed in Japanese as well, so the Pokédex didn't actually acquire the English name for Pidgeotto and Pidgeot, might that be the problem? The Pidgey was caught in Kalos, however (although when I look them up in the Pokédex they have the pokéball icon, not the Kalos icon). I thought about this already, I might just catch another Pidgey and evolve it to see what happens to the Central Kalos Pokédex entries.

Although I am not sure if it might be hacked. I've had other nicknamed Pokémon received through trades evolve too and they registered just fine.

Last edited:

vinaro

Hello

I'm having a problem, I have 2 3DS, I used to get a lot of shiniy pokemon, I have over 13 anyway it suddenly stopped and it's been 6 six days with no shiny?! why?
why did it stop? am I doing something wrong? I think someone traded a hacked shiny legendary and ever since I didn't see any shiny! :/

Last edited:

Amacitare

Ninja Cat
All of those, plus Spain.

FYI USA, UK and Australia are counted as one region.

Awesome. Thank you.
So
USA/UK/Australia
Korea
Japan
Italy
Germany
Spain

Six reaions. Okay. Thanks for your help! :)

Solar Faber

Fox of the moon
Hello

I'm having a problem, I have 2 3DS, I used to get a lot of shiniy pokemon, I have over 13 anyway it suddenly stopped and it's been 6 six days with no shiny?! why?
why did it stop? am I doing something wrong? I think someone traded a hacked shiny legendary and ever since I didn't see any shiny! :/

shinys are luck based so you are just getting unlucky i would think

alteredegoX

Sophi so silleh~
How do you send the Megastones between games? I have both X and Y and as I nuzlocke on X, I want the exclusive ones over to my regular Y before I delete the save to start fresh.

Arceus500

Not sure if this should be be posted here, but, when I try to trade or deposit pokemon on the gts, it kicks me out. Does anybody know how to solve this?

Arceus500

Sometimes, its "error has occured, please try again later or "The server is going on maintenance, please try again later."

KillerDraco

Well I wouldn't have been asking really if I hadn't already tried. Is there some limitation towards sending the Megastones?

No. It works like any other item; I do it all the time so there's never been any restriction.

Sometimes, its "error has occured, please try again later or "The server is going on maintenance, please try again later."

...Well, the latter is pretty self explanatory.

alteredegoX

Sophi so silleh~
No. It works like any other item; I do it all the time so there's never been any restriction.

"The Pokémon has a special item. You cannot offer it for trade," is what it's telling me. Just had to double check the actual message or I'd have said that bit earlier.

KillerDraco

"The Pokémon has a special item. You cannot offer it for trade," is what it's telling me. Just had to double check the actual message or I'd have said that bit earlier.

Never seen that one. Then again, I've only tried trading the version exclusive Mega Stones, so maybe that's it.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Not sure why you're having an issue with this, plenty of folks have traded Mega Stones without issue. Maybe there's some other trigger? Have you beaten the Pokemon League?

KillerDraco

Not sure why you're having an issue with this, plenty of folks have traded Mega Stones without issue. Maybe there's some other trigger? Have you beaten the Pokemon League?

My gut instinct would be that it might have to do with upgrading your Mega Ring, which allows you to hunt for Mega Stones. Perhaps that's the trigger, and where the issue lies.

Arceus500

...Well, the latter is pretty self explanatory.

its okay, its working now.

alteredegoX

Sophi so silleh~

I just tried to reverse it around on my Y, so beating the league/post game stuff isn't a trigger for it because I've actually completed it on Y.

Though hang on, I don't have access to another 3DS so I've been using GTS. Could that be stopping it?