• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Buttons

Mountain Trainer
not only 10 times and this is also something i ask, anyway I'll try to answer it for you.

you need to let him flee from you 12 times in any cities or towns in kalos, then after the 12th time it flee from you, that is the time you will interact it at the sea spirit's den

but if that happens i advise you to save the game before you went inside the cave because when you get inside the middle of the cave it's battle time.

there is no easy way of catching him, patience is the key

i caught the bird on my 8th ball first try, although mine was zapdos.
I caught Articuno and Mewtwo easy by having a high level Marowak that knew False Swipe and a Vileploom that knew Sleep Powder. Took them to 1hp then put them to sleep, caught both before they could break 5 Ultra Balls a piece.

Sir Gengar

Alright, thanks! I've had a bit of luck than yesterday so I should catch moltres in no time.

Sir Gengar

not only 10 times and this is also something i ask, anyway I'll try to answer it for you.

you need to let him flee from you 12 times in any cities or towns in kalos, then after the 12th time it flee from you, that is the time you will interact it at the sea spirit's den

but if that happens i advise you to save the game before you went inside the cave because when you get inside the middle of the cave it's battle time.

there is no easy way of catching him, patience is the key

i caught the bird on my 8th ball first try, although mine was zapdos.

okay thanks. Yea mewtwo was kinda tough for me but luckily I caught him. I would really want a Lugia :/. But, i don't have pokemon black or white T-T. Oh well, bad luck for me. Thanks again for helping me :3

Alli

Is there anyway to get the japanese Pokébank in english language? I am having a hard time maneuvering. Or perhaps if someone has a tutorial on how to use it? Much appreciated!

HelzAssassin

unsure of where to put this but, i restarted a second copy of pokemon x and now my main copys pss is showing that there are no friends. anyone know how to fix the problem? i have connected to wifi multiple times and reset both the game and 3DS and nothing changes

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Is there anyway to get the japanese Pokébank in english language? I am having a hard time maneuvering. Or perhaps if someone has a tutorial on how to use it? Much appreciated!

No there isn't.

unsure of where to put this but, i restarted a second copy of pokemon x and now my main copys pss is showing that there are no friends. anyone know how to fix the problem? i have connected to wifi multiple times and reset both the game and 3DS and nothing changes

The games pull from the 3DS' friends list. Restarting your games has no affect on your friends.

tyranitar.armaldo

King of the reptiles
Quick question about breeding down pokeballs to anyone who has used bank or traded with someone who has.

If a female pokemon in a Johto exclusive pokeball breeds, would the pokeball be passed down?

And in fact. Do the johto balls even show up? Or just turn into regular ones like in Diamond/Pearl.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Quick question about breeding down pokeballs to anyone who has used bank or traded with someone who has.

If a female pokemon in a Johto exclusive pokeball breeds, would the pokeball be passed down?

And in fact. Do the johto balls even show up? Or just turn into regular ones like in Diamond/Pearl.
Yes, the Johto Pokéballs do show up; and they are confirmed to pass down.

I can confirm the apricorn balls, because I received a Suicune in Love Ball from a trade. The battle animation still looks like a normal pokeball I'm 90% sure, however it was hard to distinguish (since Love Ball has similiar colors).
And there is no additional animation like in case of Master Ball or Cherish Ball. (at least from the Love Ball).

I cannot say they are passed down for sure but I suppose they are Ninja'd.

Last edited:

tyranitar.armaldo

King of the reptiles
Thank you. Been trying to find out for ages.

And I dont mind theres no extra animation. Never has been for them.

Paralititan

Hello everyone.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask but here goes: I got an extra Yveltal through the GTS and decited to deposit it and ask for Lugia.
Someone traded and I got a timid level 70 Lugia with Pressure, caught in a masterball. It has the moves swift, rain dance, recover and hydro pump. That all checks out afaik.
But the strange thing is, it has 6 perfect IV's.

I find that highly suspicious. Why would someone give up a 6 IV legend? So what are the chances this pokemon is hacked? I don't think there's any way to find out for sure, but could someone shed some light on this? Also, if it is hacked, will it have any impact on using it in online battles, considering it has no illegal moves or abilities?

Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Edit: maybe important: it says: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach the Kalos region from the Kanto region.
Characteristic: capable of taking hits.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Hello everyone.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask but here goes: I got an extra Yveltal through the GTS and decited to deposit it and ask for Lugia.
Someone traded and I got a timid level 70 Lugia with Pressure, caught in a masterball. It has the moves swift, rain dance, recover and hydro pump. That all checks out afaik.
But the strange thing is, it has 6 perfect IV's.

I find that highly suspicious. Why would someone give up a 6 IV legend? So what are the chances this pokemon is hacked? I don't think there's any way to find out for sure, but could someone shed some light on this? Also, if it is hacked, will it have any impact on using it in online battles, considering it has no illegal moves or abilities?

Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Edit: maybe important: it says: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach the Kalos region from the Kanto region.
Characteristic: capable of taking hits.
Clicking here will take you to the correct thread for these things.
Anyway, the information you provided is legitimate (it looks like this is the Lugia from FRLG's Navel Rock)... but with 6 IVs, that likely screams possibilities of being either RNG abused, cloned, or hacked. The odds of getting that IV spread on legendary pokemon (pre-Gen VI) are extremely slim. x:

Paralititan

Clicking here will take you to the correct thread for these things.
Anyway, the information you provided is legitimate (it looks like this is the Lugia from FRLG's Navel Rock)... but with 6 IVs, that likely screams possibilities of being either RNG abused, cloned, or hacked. The odds of getting that IV spread on legendary pokemon (pre-Gen VI) are extremely slim. x:

Thank you for the link! I hadn't checked in the gen. 5 forum.

From reading up a bit on RNG it seems most likely some used that to get a perfect IV Lugia and then cloned it, to trade it's duplicates away.

Thank you for your quick reply!

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
For normal gameplay, what would be better-a physical pokemon or a special one?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
For normal gameplay, what would be better-a physical pokemon or a special one?

For normal gameplay, you can beat the game with either one, but it's best to have at least one of each.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King

Charizard006

Beginning Trainer
Does anyone know when stats are set for a pokemon egg? Are they set when you receive them from the daycare?(meaning that particular egg will have the same stats every time it hatches, even if you save before then.) Or is it all random before it hatches?

Buttons

Mountain Trainer
Does anyone know when stats are set for a pokemon egg? Are they set when you receive them from the daycare?(meaning that particular egg will have the same stats every time it hatches, even if you save before then.) Or is it all random before it hatches?
After dropping a breeding pair off at a daycare after X steps (random) the stats are set for the next egg, its proven if you have ever used the time-reset method to get IV breeding done.

e: stalky-stalk

Last edited:

Charizard006

Beginning Trainer
After dropping a breeding pair off at a daycare after X steps (random) the stats are set for the next egg, its proven if you have ever used the time-reset method to get IV breeding done.

e: stalky-stalk

Thanks for the info, I was curious because I wanted to make sure that the eggs I traded over to a person's foreign game stayed 5IV after hatching them to check then turning off the game.

lol hey there.