• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

loop721

Fly in the Sky
how does Serebii have a japanese 3ds????

eiger

Shiny Hunter
Do the pokémon in you're bank also count when playing the lottery?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Actually Serebii waited for several separate sources before he posted it. Since I asked him about those before the were added to Serebii dex in staff section, you have to take my word for it, I am not risking a ban. I was the first staff that mentioned them by the way.

Pokémon Bank worked well, it was actually more secure than is currently is, the Id is check at least twice before you can place Pokémon in the bank. From what I've read: The Main issue is that Every Pokémon Bank user Makes two calls to the NintendoID server, one from the 3ds and One from the Pokémon bank Server. The NintendoID server can only cope with so many call at one time. With Many users making Multiple calls at the same time, the server had to delay the responses, and with long enough Delay the 3DS or Pokémon bank server just assumed the Nintendo ID Server was down and Cancelled any connection. Which then usually caused the user to try again, making the problem worse as it to increasing demand for a overworked server.

The Xmas rush was actually very bad this year. Steam was down for a few hours, this is from a company who just sells online games and often has over 6 Million users online at the same time. PSN was also down, they've been consistently doing online gaming for a lot longer than Nintendo.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Wait, all of Serebii's games are Pokemon?

What a scrub.

Only on my Japanese 3DS, as it's for coverage for the site. I have loads of non Pokémon games on my standard 3DS XL. No capture device on it though.

lilygrace

I'm not sure if this is the exact place to post my question, so if so, please let me know. I've read up about Pokemon Bank and Transfer, but am still a bit confused about the actual process. I assume after downloading Bank/Transfer I need to put my Gen V cartridge into my 3DS to move the pokemon in its Box 1 into the transport box of Bank. But then do I have to save, remove the Gen V cartridge, put my X or Y cartridge in, and then open up Bank again to move those pokemon in the transport box onto a box in X or Y? And since you can only have 1 box of transfer pokemon at a time, I'll need to do that process over and over to successfully move them all?

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I'm not sure if this is the exact place to post my question, so if so, please let me know. I've read up about Pokemon Bank and Transfer, but am still a bit confused about the actual process. I assume after downloading Bank/Transfer I need to put my Gen V cartridge into my 3DS to move the pokemon in its Box 1 into the transport box of Bank. But then do I have to save, remove the Gen V cartridge, put my X or Y cartridge in, and then open up Bank again to move those pokemon in the transport box onto a box in X or Y? And since you can only have 1 box of transfer pokemon at a time, I'll need to do that process over and over to successfully move them all?

Yep, you have it pretty much correct.

lilygrace

Oh my that seems...excessive to say the least. But thank you so much for the speedy reply to my question! Glad to know I already ordered them by priority on my Gen V cartridges and that I at least understand the process now.

MetalNate

Quick question, so I've been wanting a Feraligatr for my team, but I want Ice Punch on it and I know there are no tutors for Ice Punch in X or Y. Can Ice Punch be breed onto Totodile since it has been able to learn it in past generations?

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Quick question, so I've been wanting a Feraligatr for my team, but I want Ice Punch on it and I know there are no tutors for Ice Punch in X or Y. Can Ice Punch be breed onto Totodile since it has been able to learn it in past generations?
Yes, Ice Punch can be bred onto Totodile in this generation. In case you don't have a pokemon from the previous generation (who are in the same egg group as Totodile) that has Ice Punch, you can still get it from Abomasnow.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
What's a good way to rack up pokemiles?

Arceus500

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Wonder Trade

Wonder trade? Good, I've been doing that a lot lately-even got a phione! Thanks. I need more pp ups, it seems like we didn't get much.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Yep, you have it pretty much correct.

What really? That's INSANE! I was thinking it went:
-Insert BW/B2W2
-Open PokéBank
-Upload Box 1 then Exit
-Go back to BW/B2W2 and move the other box into Box 1
-Repeat.

But we actually have to move them into XY right after they have been migrated?

Wonder trade? Good, I've been doing that a lot lately-even got a phione! Thanks. I need more pp ups, it seems like we didn't get much.

It is the best and make sure you go online to the Global Link site for a cheaper price on that PP Up.

Last edited:

Soberheartless

Does anyone know how to obtain West Sea Shellos :( ?

And other form Deerling ?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Does anyone know how to obtain West Sea Shellos :( ?

And other form Deerling ?

If I'm not mistaken, I believe you need to transfer them from previous games in order to obtain those forms. GTS is an option, but we may have the Bank soon, so it could be a better idea to just wait on that.