• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Pluski

I got a shiny Unown in a Wonder Trade today, and it looks kind of fake. It's level 100 and caught in a Heavy Ball. Does the Poké Transporter allow hacked Pokémon, or is there actually a chance that it could be legit?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Thank you! So this is a consequence of Amie. But why doesn't it happen every battle, though?

You're using a Pokemon not eligible for the Exp. bonus.

How do you transfer whole boxes at once inside Bank?

Use the Start button to switch to the green icon to move masses of Pokemon.

Also what is the 4 icons at the top of the bottom screen?

They represent how to change the movement mode you're using (red icon, blue icon, green icon, cycling through using Start). They function the same way in Bank as in XY.

I got a shiny Unown in a Wonder Trade today, and it looks kind of fake. It's level 100 and caught in a Heavy Ball. Does the Poké Transporter allow hacked Pokémon, or is there actually a chance that it could be legit?

Shiny Unown caught in a Heavy Ball is not illegal. It's possible that it may be hacked and that Poke Transporter's hack check didn't pick up on it.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste

They represent how to change the movement mode you're using (red icon, blue icon, green icon, cycling through using Start). They function the same way in Bank as in XY.

Shiny Unown caught in a Heavy Ball is not illegal. It's possible that it may be hacked and that Poke Transporter's hack check didn't pick up on it.

Got it thanks on my stuff. What does the blue arrow do?

ebevan91

Wait, you can move Pokemon in masses on Pokebank and not one-by-one?

I wish I would've known this 2 hours ago.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
I was playing my X version when the game suddenly froze. There was an error and the game restarted itself. Thankfully, the only thing I lost was a bit of progress since I last saved, my game itself was fine. All I was doing was playing Pokemon Amie with my (self obtained, 100% legit) transferred Pokemon. What could've caused it? I really don't want it happening again. :(

Nulava

Banned

Hacks are still able to get through. It's really only the terribly or obviously hacked ones that are blocked.

There's a chance that it could be hacked or legit.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I was playing my X version when the game suddenly froze. There was an error and the game restarted itself. Thankfully, the only thing I lost was a bit of progress since I last saved, my game itself was fine. All I was doing was playing Pokemon Amie with my (self obtained, 100% legit) transferred Pokemon. What could've caused it? I really don't want it happening again. :(

It's possible that something may have disrupted your 3DS Game Card or SD Card.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls

All my Pokémon have three hearts, so it couldn't be that.

Pluski

Thanks for the answers to my question about the Unown.

I have another question. It seems that event Pokémon cannot be traded in the GTS, but can they be traded the regular way?

ebevan91

Thanks for the answers to my question about the Unown.

I have another question. It seems that event Pokémon cannot be traded in the GTS, but can they be traded the regular way?

Correct...

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Excuse me but I have a question that I like to ask of you. I've downloaded Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter today. After that, then I've received a special Celebi. The Celebi that I got have a Calm nature, and it has 3 Max Ivs in Atk,Sp.Atk,and Sp.Def. Do you know which ev spread should I working on? When I try to reset the game and hoping to have the different nature, it stays the same.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
That might sound stupid but I don't want to mess that up...
I'm not ready to use Pokémon Bank yet, so I was wondering how can I get my 30 free days trial without activating it today. Is there a specifical way, or is it even possible.
Thank you!

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
That might sound stupid but I don't want to mess that up...
I'm not ready to use Pokémon Bank yet, so I was wondering how can I get my 30 free days trial without activating it today. Is there a specifical way, or is it even possible.
Thank you!

You get the 30-day free trial as long as you download it before March 14, according to the eShop.

How do you use a ditto from the friend safari to get some perfect ivs? I got a ditto from WT and don't know what the steps are to start that/

PinkiePieFox

Team Flare Grunt

Hmm I have a few issues with my DSi sometimes that if it gets knocked it'll freeze, so while playing a game I have to be careful not to just dump the DSi onto my table.
As for your 3DS I've had one issues with my 3DS like that, but it was a year ago while I was playing Ocarina of Time. I have never had issues since. It could just be chance or the 3DS overloaded itself with the internet.