• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Nulava

Banned
Excuse me but I have a question that I like to ask of you. If female Axew have an egg move that has 6 Max Ivs while a Charmander hold an everstone, can it learn one of the egg moves from the mother?

The mother is able to pass on Egg moves as long as the baby is able to learn them.

Look here: http://www.serebii.net/xy/breeding.shtml

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer

Yumeka

Anime/Pokemon Fan
Anyone know a quick way to reach max Style so I can get the Hatching O-Power? I feel like I have high style already - I've bought a bunch of the outfits, battled in the restaurants many times, and I sometimes get discounts from the taxis (not sure if that last one is related to it) - but I guess I'm not quite there yet. I have all the other O-Powers too.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Anyone know a quick way to reach max Style so I can get the Hatching O-Power? I feel like I have high style already - I've bought a bunch of the outfits, battled in the restaurants many times, and I sometimes get discounts from the taxis (not sure if that last one is related to it) - but I guess I'm not quite there yet. I have all the other O-Powers too.

http://www.serebii.net/xy/lumiosestyle.shtml

LLR

Vivillon Trader

You can check your style level by the price of the Mega stones in the stone shop. When they are $10,000 then you have max style.

You can max your style by purchasing 100 premier balls but you need to start a new customer transaction for each ball.

What I did was purchase 20-30 balls go check the price of the stones and if necessary repeat.

Nulava

Banned

Your probably not there yet.

Anyways, look here: http://www.serebii.net/xy/lumiosestyle.shtml

The link that I have provided you should give other ways of maxing out your style.

MDS777

The name's Riley
You can check your style level by the price of the Mega stones in the stone shop. When they are $10,000 then you have max style.
This part is not entirely true. When I received my Hatching O-power, the mega stones were $50,000 for me.

bjorn lionheart

hi guys im having trouble connecting pokemon y to the not, it keeps telling me there is an update available. i have the 2.1 update but i checked to see if it needs to be repaired, which it did so i tryed to repair it but it just came up with an error telling me to close the eshop the try again (error 007-2999). is there a way i can delete the patch the download it again. i downloaded the x patch and repaired that fine so it isnt a problem with the net or eshop. any help would be good ty

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer

The Hiker king

Non Sequitur
I have a question; What are my chances of breeding a shiny in X and Y when I have the shiny charm combined with a Japanese male Pokemon and an English female Pokemon? Also do genders really matter when breeding a foreign Pokemon with one of my own?

Yumeka

Anime/Pokemon Fan

You can max your style by purchasing 100 premier balls but you need to start a new customer transaction for each ball.

What I did was purchase 20-30 balls go check the price of the stones and if necessary repeat.

Thanks, I'll try doing that =D

Another unrelated question though, on the 3DS home screen my Pokemon X always has that little green circle in the lower right corner (for notifications I guess) and I don't know how to get rid of it. It's been there for months and I tried everything I could think of to get it to go away but it won't. Any suggestions?

Ruas

I have a question; What are my chances of breeding a shiny in X and Y when I have the shiny charm combined with a Japanese male Pokemon and an English female Pokemon? Also do genders really matter when breeding a foreign Pokemon with one of my own?

Shiny Encounter: 1/8192
MM: 6x normal - 1/1365
MM+ Shiny Charm: 8x normal: 1/1024
Yes, genders always matter... The Masuda Method will only take effect when all other regular breeding conditions are met.

The Hiker king

Non Sequitur
Shiny Encounter: 1/8192
MM: 6x normal - 1/1365
MM+ Shiny Charm: 8x normal: 1/1024
Yes, genders always matter... The Masuda Method will only take effect when all other regular breeding conditions are met.

Thanks, it is nice to see that the odds are somewhat improved. Additionally I was asking if the odds differed between using a male or female foreign Pokemon. Apologies for phrasing it in a semi-incoherent manner.

Ruas

Thanks, it is nice to see that the odds are somewhat improved. Additionally I was asking if the odds differed between using a male or female foreign Pokemon. Apologies for phrasing it in a semi-incoherent manner.

Oh! Like that! :D No, chances aren't improved further by having a foreign Pokemon of particular gender.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Oh! Like that! :D No, chances aren't improved further by having a foreign Pokemon of particular gender.

Oh yeah, and in addition, he asked about odds in X/Y specifically, so the probabilities you provided should be doubled* to give the X/Y shiny probabilities.

*MM + shiny charm in X/Y at 1/512 is still a tentative value, to my knowledge

redsky

Ninja
Thanks, I'll try doing that =D

Another unrelated question though, on the 3DS home screen my Pokemon X always has that little green circle in the lower right corner (for notifications I guess) and I don't know how to get rid of it. It's been there for months and I tried everything I could think of to get it to go away but it won't. Any suggestions?

The green circle means that you have received streetpass data for the game. You can get rid of the circle by going to the PSS menu on the bottom screen of the game, and select the Holo Caster from its menu. You can then select Check Announcements to get a few PokeMiles for the streetpasses.

Alternatively, you could disable streetpass for Pokemon X to permantly stop the green circle from appearing.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
[I guess it's better to leave it here instead]

Completed the National Dex and got the Charm items from Sycamore. I might try and catch a load of Shinies though.

I... I don't understand.

I completed my Kalos/National Dex and I already talked to Sycamore (and I got the Oval/Shiny Charm) and I don't have anything like that in the bedroom. Why?