• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Cinday123

Eeveelution Lover
No, I am aware of that fact. It's just that if no one had access to Manaphy, who I believe is only obtainable through the Ranger series, you would be unable to access Phione. SO to compensate for that, the developers made Phione unnecessary for completing the National Dex.

Your original question was " is it needed to complete the National Pokédex ", which I am saying no because of the requirement that you get Manaphy or have access to someone who does. Wonder Traded Phiones would not be possible if no one had a Manaphy, right?

It is possible to Wonder Trade or trade for Phione, all you have to do is to go to GTS, then choose the Pokémon you want, then you type the name of any Pokémon that was not discovered yet and then you can have Phione. Also, it's impossible to trade event Pokémon and there is a medal for completing the National Pokédex which excludes event Pokémon except for Phione, so you don't need a Manaphy, so you just trade or Wonder Trade it.

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Guys, I just got a copy of Y and will be starting sometime soon, so I've got a load of questions:

I heard no one can RNG properly, but can try using a form of RNG. Is it for Eggs, is it for capturing Wild Pokémon, or is it for gift Pokémon? I dunno which.

Related to the previous can I "pseudo" RNG the gift Kanto Starter given by professor Sycamore?

I saw that there are glitches in the games, have they been patched yet?

When you download the Pokémon Bank App, does Poke Transporter come along with it or is it a separate download?

To obtain evolutionary stones, one can play Super Training mini-games with one of their Pokemon, how difficult are those mini-games?

These are my questions at the moment, I might remember more of them.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Guys, I just got a copy of Y and will be starting sometime soon, so I've got a load of questions:

I heard no one can RNG properly, but can try using a form of RNG. Is it for Eggs, is it for capturing Wild Pokémon, or is it for gift Pokémon? I dunno which. What you are speaking of I believe was the ID for eggs. This no longer works.

Related to the previous can I "pseudo" RNG the gift Kanto Starter given by professor Sycamore? No

I saw that there are glitches in the games, have they been patched yet? Certain ones have.

When you download the Pokémon Bank App, does Poke Transporter come along with it or is it a separate download? When you open up the Poke Bank app one of the options on the menu is to Download Poke Transporter.

To obtain evolutionary stones, one can play Super Training mini-games with one of their Pokemon, how difficult are those mini-games? First you need to have the Pokemon fully EV'd to unlock them. I don't find them particularly difficult.

These are my questions at the moment, I might remember more of them.

Replies in bold.

masterbreeder42

Beast Ball-catching Legend Wiz
Does anyone know the chances of getting a Shiny with the Masuda Method after obtaining the Shiny Charm?

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator

Ruas

Does anyone know the chances of getting a Shiny with the Masuda Method after obtaining the Shiny Charm?

We know that in B2W2, MM+Shiny Charm was 1/1024. In XY, shiny chances have improved further (perhaps doubled), so it could be 1/512. So now you know the minimum & maximum chance figures.

Cool Boy

Be fearless
Scrafty can learn knock off only in bw2? can he have the move if I breed him on X/y?

Cool Boy

Be fearless
It's not in his level-up pool or one of his egg moves, so unfortunately, move tutor is the only way to teach him Knock Off.

Well it's weird... if I transfer him I can't use him on the tournament right?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Well it's weird... if I transfer him I can't use him on the tournament right?

Right, for the online Beta Competition and VGC, you're only allowed to use Pokemon caught or bred in Kalos (and for VGC, only in the Kalos Dex). So Knock Off for Scrafty, as well as a number of other Pokemon, is not allowed.

Cool Boy

Be fearless
Right, for the online Beta Competition and VGC, you're only allowed to use Pokemon caught or bred in Kalos (and for VGC, only in the Kalos Dex). So Knock Off for Scrafty, as well as a number of other Pokemon, is not allowed.

Oh ok I get it now, thank you for your help ^^

Aetius

Few questions.
1) I've registered in the Beta Competition, however no e-mail has been sent to me to confirm it.; does it mean that my registration has been rejected?
2) The Tutor moves can be passed down to the baby in X/Y or I have to breed the Pokèmon in B/W in order for him to have such moves and then send him to X/Y?

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Few questions.
1) I've registered in the Beta Competition, however no e-mail has been sent to me to confirm it.; does it mean that my registration has been rejected?
2) The Tutor moves can be passed down to the baby in X/Y or I have to breed the Pokèmon in B/W in order for him to have such moves and then send him to X/Y?

In the past there were not notifications sent via email.

Move Tutor moves will not be passed down to offspring unless the move is in the offsprings Egg Move list.

Aetius

In the past there were not notifications sent via email.

Move Tutor moves will not be passed down to offspring unless the move is in the offsprings Egg Move list.

That's strange....when I registered I'm sure they said that a notification would be sent to me via e-mail...
Oh well, if it's as you say, then I can consider myself in the competition I guess.
Thank you also for telling me about the moves; guess I will have to go back to gen 5. :D

sdotj

I have a question pertaining to EV training. Say I have a lv. 100 non EV trained pokemon. If I EV train through super training will it take effect in Wi-Fi and other competitive battles? Or should I just not EV train it. Thanks

feelingdand

I have a question pertaining to EV training. Say I have a lv. 100 non EV trained pokemon. If I EV train through super training will it take effect in Wi-Fi and other competitive battles? Or should I just not EV train it. Thanks

It should work.

Blazios

That's strange....when I registered I'm sure they said that a notification would be sent to me via e-mail...
Oh well, if it's as you say, then I can consider myself in the competition I guess.

The notification responses were messed up for this competition. I was sent the acknowledgement email 12 times over the space of 24 hours just over a week ago.

Aetius

The notification responses were messed up for this competition. I was sent the acknowledgement email 12 times over the space of 24 hours just over a week ago.

And I've never received one. LOL
I'll keep check my e-mail just to be sure.
Thanks for telling me. :D