• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Nulava

Banned
What's the bets way to have a Regigigas outspeed a Smeargle? I want Smeargle to sketch "Crush Grip" but it goes first and fails thanks to Regi's "Slow Start". :/

Simply give Smeargle a Item that reduces Speed.

Lagging Tail and Iron Ball comes to mind.

feelingdand

People will be a lot more likely to help you if you wouldn't be so rude.

There are several things that could be going on here - first, your opponents' Pokemon in the Battle Maison can be Scarfed, AND I'm pretty sure they can be EV trained AND have good natures (someone correct me on this if I'm wrong).

You are correct. In past generations with battle tower, subway etc. All pokemon were EV trained. And I think I remember reading somewhere that their IV's were maxed as well.

Unredemption

What about using an item on it? Like X Attack, or X Defense?

I'm not sure what your question is here... for X Attack and X Defense, they raise their respective stats by one stage (+50% of original stat). This is the same as your standard boosts from moves like Dragon Dance. You can accumulate up to 6 "stages" of boosts for each stat (commonly called "+6", which means +300% of the original stat). These boosts are temporary and will no longer be in effect after the battle has ended, or when the Pokemon switches out. Stat changes can also be eliminated by moves like Haze.

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Because of the changes made to the PGL from Gen V to VI, do I need to create another account on it?

MattFon

I was paying attention to the battle. there weren't any moves used that decreased speed and no trick room. I first used my forretress that had a speed of 50 it was able to out speed a steelix, but when I used my Skarmory which has a speed of 105 it wasn't able to out-speed it. The skarmory was also holding a quick claw which activated but still wasn't able to go first.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I was paying attention to the battle. there weren't any moves used that decreased speed and no trick room. I first used my forretress that had a speed of 50 it was able to out speed a steelix, but when I used my Skarmory which has a speed of 105 it wasn't able to out-speed it. The skarmory was also holding a quick claw which activated but still wasn't able to go first.

What move did Skarmory use and what move did Steelix use on that turn?

Gunwing

In the super training sometimes, when I have a fully trained pokemon the human body symbol is lighting up and sometimes it's not, what's the difference ?

Nulava

Banned
whirlwind is the move skarmory used

Whirlwind has negative priority; it always goes last.

Adding on to this:

Negative Priority is classified into categories. This also applies to Positive Priority as well.
Since Whirlwind is classified as a -6 in Negative Priority, it will move last unless the opponent is using Trick Room.

I'm trying to get a Chansey with Seismic Toss. I read that starting in Gen VI, you can breed mankey with mawile and then breed the mawile with chansey to get seismic toss on her. So far it's not working. I've hatched two Mawiles now from a male mankey with seismic toss and female mawile parents. No seismic toss. I've dealt with egg moves before and never had any trouble. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Bulbapedia conforms the chain as well as several people on different forums. What's going on? Thanks!

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I'm trying to get a Chansey with Seismic Toss. I read that starting in Gen VI, you can breed mankey with mawile and then breed the mawile with chansey to get seismic toss on her. So far it's not working. I've hatched two Mawiles now from a male mankey with seismic toss and female mawile parents. No seismic toss. I've dealt with egg moves before and never had any trouble. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Bulbapedia conforms the chain as well as several people on different forums. What's going on? Thanks!

Can you elaborate on what moves the parents and the offspring have?

Maybe double-check the Mankey in Day-Care to make sure it actually knows Seismic Toss?

KillerDraco

Whirlwind always goes last.

That's not quite correct. It would be more correct to say Whirlwind has -6 priority. Trick Room has -7 priority, so technically Trick Room would always go last. Of course, if priority is equal, i.e., both Pokemon use Roar/Whirlwind/Dragon Tail/Circle Throw, then it becomes based on speed again.

Sure. Mankey knows Low Kick, Fury Swipes, Seismic Toss and Screech. Mawile knows Fake Tears, Bite, Sweet Scent, Vice Grip. The Mawile offspring all come out Sucker Punch, Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang. This is now the third time I've checked to see that Mankey has Seismic Toss. He does.