• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Does anyone know if there was some way to get Shiny versions of White and Black Kyruem? Serebii has pics for them, but I wasn't sure if they existed or if they could be transferred to XY.
Thanks!
A Shiny Kyurem can become either of them, although the two formes can't be transferred to X and Y without first splitting the two.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Does anyone know if there was some way to get Shiny versions of White and Black Kyruem? Serebii has pics for them, but I wasn't sure if they existed or if they could be transferred to XY.
Thanks!

Contrary to what other shiny locked Pokemon might suggest, shiny Kyurem is legitimately obtainable in BW and B2/W2. I have one myself, so I can confirm you can transfer it over to X/Y. If you use the DNA Splicers on the shiny Kyurem, it will still be shiny as Black or White Kyurem, since Kyurem is the Pokemon that is actually used.

Amacitare

Ninja Cat
Awesome, thank you both. I'll have to go look up how to split them. Must be the same type of thing as the two shaymin forms.

Eclair~

ES member Eclair
Awesome, thank you both. I'll have to go look up how to split them. Must be the same type of thing as the two shaymin forms.
You fuse them and defuse them with the DNA splicers.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
This has been on my mind since the evnt:
Can Happy Hour be bred down to other Inkays? If not, should I be looking for a Japanese Smeargle instead?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Can Happy Hour be bred down to other Inkays? If not, should I be looking for a Japanese Smeargle instead?

Happy Hour isn't an Egg Move at all, so even if a Smeargle has it, I don't think you can breed it on to anything. You need to actually find someone who is trading the event Inkay.

Amacitare

Ninja Cat

I believe no, like other event-exclusive moves, Happy Hour does not breed down.
I am not positive on the smeargle, but I see no reason why an English smeargle could not sketch the move if paired with the Happy Hour Inkay, so I don't think it matters.

Hi, I could find a forum for just trading pokemon but i was wondering if any one had any extra of these pokemon or could breed them for me:

- spinda
- Baltoy
- Lileep
- Milotic
- Castform
- Wynaut
- Beldum

Thank you.
PM me if you would like to trade.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Hi, I could find a forum for just trading pokemon but i was wondering if any one had any extra of these pokemon or could breed them for me:

- spinda
- Baltoy
- Lileep
- Milotic
- Castform
- Wynaut
- Beldum

Thank you.
PM me if you would like to trade.

Visit the Trade Forums :)

Skep

Shiny Seeker
Okay, so I got a shiny Zorua today through a private trade, and I gave it an Eviolite to hold. Anyway, I went to a battle restaurant in Lumiose City to level it up, and every time it got sent out into battle, it showed my Goodra instead of Zorua? But whenever it leveled up, it would still say, "Zorua grew a level!" It even did the same thing when I sent it out in a wild encounter battle. But it still shows Zorua when I view its summary or play with it in Pokemon Amie. So I'm just wondering what could be causing this?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Okay, so I got a shiny Zorua today through a private trade, and I gave it an Eviolite to hold. Anyway, I went to a battle restaurant in Lumiose City to level it up, and every time it got sent out into battle, it showed my Goodra instead of Zorua? But whenever it leveled up, it would still say, "Zorua grew a level!" It even did the same thing when I sent it out in a wild encounter battle. But it still shows Zorua when I view its summary or play with it in Pokemon Amie. So I'm just wondering what could be causing this?

That's supposed to happen. From the AbilityDex page for its ability, Illusion:

When sent out into battle, it takes the name and appearance of the last non-fainted Pokémon within your party. It breaks when an attack does damage on the Pokémon but not from Weather Effects or Entry Hazards.

Icon Zeph

Hey, guys. I've been having a lot of trouble evolving my Riolu. I've had it since level 10, gave it a Soothe Bell and multiple massages, rare candies, and berry drinks, but it's level 75 now and seemingly refuses to evolve. I've also been making sure to only level him in day hours. I've even went to the happiness checker in Laverre City to see if he was maxed and she says "It's amazingly friendly toward you! It must be so happy spending every day with you!" which should mean it's ready, right? What am I doing wrong? I feel like I've been playing through the game using a Riolu with Ash's Pikachu's evolution bias lol.

CMD Calcio

L'Amore per Sempre
I have a question that I can't find the answer to. Does anyone have a definite answer on how to get into the Lumiose boutique? Everywhere I check on the internet, I find something different lol. It's starting to annoy me...

LLR

Vivillon Trader
I have a question that I can't find the answer to. Does anyone have a definite answer on how to get into the Lumiose boutique? Everywhere I check on the internet, I find something different lol. It's starting to annoy me...

You have to have near max style. The easiest way I've found to max style is to buy 100 premier balls one at a time. You have to start a new conversation for each one for it to count. Then go to the stone shop and see how much the mega stone is. If it's 50,000 or less they allow you into the Boutique.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus

You need to max your style. Here is the list of all the ways to do that. End the end, I had to eventually go to the Poke Ball Emporium and buy Premier Balls one by one to max mine out all the way. Once you get really high style, that's the best way to get the O-Power - just buy Premier Balls (it HAS to be Premier Balls) one by one until Mr. Bonding shows up.

EDIT: Greninja'd! llr knows what's up!

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Hey, guys. I've been having a lot of trouble evolving my Riolu. I've had it since level 10, gave it a Soothe Bell and multiple massages, rare candies, and berry drinks, but it's level 75 now and seemingly refuses to evolve. I've also been making sure to only level him in day hours. I've even went to the happiness checker in Laverre City to see if he was maxed and she says "It's amazingly friendly toward you! It must be so happy spending every day with you!" which should mean it's ready, right? What am I doing wrong? I feel like I've been playing through the game using a Riolu with Ash's Pikachu's evolution bias lol.

When you say "level him during day hours," do you mean that it's getting level-ups between the hours of 10:00 AM and 7:59 PM as defined by the clock on your 3DS system?

Regiultima

Rises with Magnetism
You need to max your style. Here is the list of all the ways to do that. End the end, I had to eventually go to the Poke Ball Emporium and buy Premier Balls one by one to max mine out all the way. Once you get really high style, that's the best way to get the O-Power - just buy Premier Balls (it HAS to be Premier Balls) one by one until Mr. Bonding shows up.

EDIT: Greninja'd! llr knows what's up!

Correction, it does not need to be Premier Balls. I did it multiple times using Luxury Balls.

Icon Zeph

When you say "level him during day hours," do you mean that it's getting level-ups between the hours of 10:00 AM and 7:59 PM as defined by the clock on your 3DS system?

Yes, sir. It's 7 PM on my DS clock now and I'd been leveling him for the past hour and he still hasn't evolved. He's level 79 now and it's getting a little ridiculous considering even the happiness checker is saying he's been ready for at least 15 levels now since I started checking. I know the Riolu isn't hacked or anything too since I personally breed it to have 5 perfect IVs.

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
He doesn't have an everstone attached right ?