• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
On the GTS, what does the button "No special pokemon" do? Thanks!

Offers asking for a major legendary will not be shown when searching on the GTS. Basically, any trade asking for Mewtwo, event legendaries and any mascot legendary will be filtered out of the search. However, trades asking for trio legendaries like Articuno or Terrakion will still show up, as well as trades for Cresselia, Heatran, etc.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner

You're trying to help but that doesn't help at all, It's obvious I know the existence of the medals I don't have, being I mentioned two of them.

So I know of that page, and have searched many others that give me that exact same info, BUT none give specific details on how to attain them.
"Battle Magikarp Award A Medal to praise the guts of Trainers who kept using Splash no matter what."

Please tell me there where it says what I'm asking? I did 7 Splash in 1 fight and didn't get the medal, did it till magikarp died and enough so that he didnt die, and nothing.

That is why I asked, exactly how to get them, since it's not so obvious in the description.

Also, I'm talking about pokemon X/Y, not Black and White so why would I have to use that other thread?

SilverLanayru

Yeah that's my point, as I said before, Ive checked high and low for more info on the medals but nobody has taken the time to say specific things about them, and not all of them are too obvious. So was just wondering if anyone had an idea of the exact number, instead of just siting there doing it countless times.

I also got all the roller skate tricks, but since you have to chain them (From what I understand) not sure just how many you have to do, again, know the gist of the medal just not the exact way to get it since I've already tried doing a bunch of tricks.

Last edited:

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Regarding the breeding items..

This is my aim:

Mantine
Nature: Bold
IV's: 31/x/31/31/31/31
Eggmoves: Tailwind (Only a eggmove for Mantyke)

This breeding requires the sea incences to get Mantyke offsprings with Tailwind, but that does make me lose either one of the important items
used for IV breeding.. Drop the everstone or the Destiny Knot. But i honestly would hate to drop the Destiny knot in this case because then I would need to hatch tons of eggs to get the
31/x/31/31/31/31 spread.

Oke, so here is my question.
Are there new mechanics this generation for the breeding items like Luck incense or Sea incense ? That they work for example like an everstone for passing down natures and such?
Or do I really have to rely on luck for dropping one of the key items in IV breeding.

Thanks for your time.

SilverCharizard

I want to change my location to get another pattern of vivilion if I change it will it take a day to set or will it set automatically?

PinkiePieFox

Team Flare Grunt
No I haven't, but since he is such a high level now, and I'd hate for him to reach 100 without evolving I plan to wait another 48 hours before trying to evolve him again in hope that something like that is the problem. If not I assume it's just some rare random number generator thing because he's obviously ready but something is messing with it somehow.

I had the same problem with my Riolu a week or so back, same perfect Riolu as you. Probably is best you do that but for some weird reason Riolu evolved outside after a battle around midday. Could be a glitch but just so you know :D I was leveling him up but it was either 7am-8am or 7pm-9pm and didn't evolve, I'd suggest around midday like I did. If not just keep it below lvl 100 and wait.

@silvercharizard no matter if you change the location on your 3DS it won't change your Vivillion pattern, I believe. You'll unfortunately have to do the long way of trading.

Last edited:

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
I have a male Squirtle with his hidden ability and a female one with her normal ability but Dragon Pulse and Aura Sphere...How can I have a Squirtle with Hidden Ability and egg moves ?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I have a male Squirtle with his hidden ability and a female one with her normal ability but Dragon Pulse and Aura Sphere...How can I have a Squirtle with Hidden Ability and egg moves ?

Female Squirtle passed the Hidden Ability, male Pokemon passed the Egg moves.

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
Where is bulk up located ?

Amacitare

Ninja Cat
Hi, sorry for my frequent questions.
So I know there are V-Create Rayquazas. And there are Shiny Rayquazas. Are there Shiny V-Create Rayquazas and if so do they have requirements to be legit (ie must be japanese)?
Thank you!

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Hi, sorry for my frequent questions.
So I know there are V-Create Rayquazas. And there are Shiny Rayquazas. Are there Shiny V-Create Rayquazas and if so do they have requirements to be legit (ie must be japanese)?
Thank you!

No, the V-Create Rayquaza event was shiny-locked.

Amacitare

Ninja Cat

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire

Are you asking how to get one or how it's possible that you got one?

If it's the former, breed the male Squirtle with a ditto to produce more HA Squirtles and breed the female one with anything in it's egg group/ditto to produce a male Squirtle with the egg moves. It might take a while to get a female HA one out of the male considering the probability but that's the only way you'll be able to pass down the egg moves from the female Squirtle line.

If it's the latter, I don't know and didn't think it was possible...

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Are you asking how to get one or how it's possible that you got one?

If it's the former, breed the male Squirtle with a ditto to produce more HA Squirtles and breed the female one with anything in it's egg group/ditto to produce a male Squirtle with the egg moves. It might take a while to get a female HA one out of the male considering the probability but that's the only way you'll be able to pass down the egg moves from the female Squirtle line.

If it's the latter, I don't know and didn't think it was possible...

I want to clarify this answer....it IS possible to get a Hidden Ability and Egg Moves, but you can't do it just using those two Squirtles. You also need a Ditto.

Breed your female Squirtle with Ditto to get a male Squirtle with any ability and the Egg Moves.

Breed your male Squirtle with Ditto until you get a female Squirtle with it's HA.

Now breed those two offspring - the female with its HA and the male with the Egg Moves - together. And viola! You have an HA Squirtle with Dragon Pulse and Aura Sphere.

Amacitare

Ninja Cat

Breed the Male Squirtle with ditto until you get: a FEMALE Squirtle with HA
Breed Female Squirtle with whatever until you get: a MALE Squirtle with Egg moves

Breed them together.

If you want to breed for IVs, only breed females with the HA. Best way to do it.

Hope that helps!

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Breed the Male Squirtle with ditto until you get: a FEMALE Squirtle with HA
Breed Female Squirtle with whatever until you get: a MALE Squirtle with Egg moves

Breed them together.

If you want to breed for IVs, only breed females with the HA. Best way to do it.

Hope that helps!

You only need females with the HA if you want to put your IV'd offspring in a certain PokeBall. If you just care about the HA, the Egg Moves, and the IV's, you can breed a male HA with Egg Moves with flawless Ditto. Just clarifying. However, Amacitare is right in that if you want Egg Moves on those Pokemon in the first place, you will need to breed an HA female to a male with the move. So yeah...it's a multi-step process.

Last edited:

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Flawless Dittos are amazing but are they realistically found in the wild? I thought they were always hacks? Should I start quick balling every ditto I see in FS?

Mye

Someone has to win..
Flawless Dittos are amazing but are they realistically found in the wild? I thought they were always hacks? Should I start quick balling every ditto I see in FS?

It's rare, but they can be obtained in the wild. With each ditto having six random iv's ranging between 1-31, the odds of finding a flawless one are (31x31x31x31x31x31x31)-1.