• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
I'm not finding a hack-check thread for the 6th gen so I will ask here, is it possible to make an educated guess if a pokemon obtained through the gts is hacked/cloned or not? The pokebank raised no red flags, but I'm not sure that is very significant.
You can make an educated guess, but at the same time, you'll need to be mindful of its stats, EVs, IVs, etc. Using pokecheck to your advantage also helps with that.

Also, this thread (used to be for 5th gen, but people have been using it for 6th gen since) is the only hack-check thread.
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?497187-Hack-Check-Thread

DSDark

Breeder
Thanks! That's really interesting. Makes it sound like Pokemon Z will either have a new region with new Pokemon, or that's a reference to Gen 7 being able to trade back to Gen 6 or something. Or maybe they wrote the guidebook before they decided to not have items transferred through Bank.

my thought is Hoenn

bonus41

Just A question before I get to far In my Shiny hunt... Does the Masuda Method work on Gen 6 like Gen 4 and 5? Or did they remove it from the game??

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
Just A question before I get to far In my Shiny hunt... Does the Masuda Method work on Gen 6 like Gen 4 and 5? Or did they remove it from the game??

It will work in Gen 6 too. Like in Gen 4 and 5

keifujimi

I've been trying to get the Global Connection medal for the gpl, but with no success!
I have 100 friend codes registered on my 3ds (the other people have accepted, so they're all FULLY registered as friends).
When I go into the friend safari, some of them appear without player icons, meaning they haven't played xy or haven't been online with it.
I've done game sync a few times and waited 24 hours to see if the gpl just hadn't updated, but still no medal.
Is there something I'm missing? The only thing I can think is that the friends have to appear with trainer icons in the little friend bar of the pss???

kjthek1ng

If i have a ditto and meet a ditto, and transform. If i then check stats, will i be able to see stats of Foe ditto or mine?

DSDark

Breeder
I've been trying to get the Global Connection medal for the gpl, but with no success!
I have 100 friend codes registered on my 3ds (the other people have accepted, so they're all FULLY registered as friends).
When I go into the friend safari, some of them appear without player icons, meaning they haven't played xy or haven't been online with it.
I've done game sync a few times and waited 24 hours to see if the gpl just hadn't updated, but still no medal.
Is there something I'm missing? The only thing I can think is that the friends have to appear with trainer icons in the little friend bar of the pss???

you and your 'friends' have to be online at the same time at least once to fully register

Anzzi

What is this? My transferred Pokémon in Pokémon Y don't have the blue pentagon? I thought that it's a hack checker? Do you mean that my Pokémon are somehow hacked?

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
What is this? My transferred Pokémon in Pokémon Y don't have the blue pentagon? I thought that it's a hack checker? Do you mean that my Pokémon are somehow hacked?

The blue pentagon indicates whether or not a Pokémon is Kalos native. Transferred Pokémon obviously weren't obtained in Kalos, so there's no way they can be Kalos native.

keifujimi

you and your 'friends' have to be online at the same time at least once to fully register
Ah... so they DO need to own XY and go online with it...?
That's frustrating, since I have a real life friend on my friend list who I know doesn't own the game.
Shoot. Well thanks for the help!

LLR

Vivillon Trader
Ah... so they DO need to own XY and go online with it...?
That's frustrating, since I have a real life friend on my friend list who I know doesn't own the game.
Shoot. Well thanks for the help!

Do you happen to have 2 copies?
Loan him one long enough to register fully register him.
or
Delete him. Add someone that can fully register. Make sure the game gives you credit for the registration. Then delete and re- add your real life friend.

keifujimi

Do you happen to have 2 copies?
Loan him one long enough to register fully register him.
or
Delete him. Add someone that can fully register. Make sure the game gives you credit for the registration. Then delete and re- add your real life friend.
Both good solutions! Do you by chance know if I delete his friend card and then re-add him, will he have to re-add me too? Or will his 3ds never have realized I deleted him in the first place?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Both good solutions! Do you by chance know if I delete his friend card and then re-add him, will he have to re-add me too? Or will his 3ds never have realized I deleted him in the first place?

Your friend won't need to re-add you; you won't be deleted from their Friend List.

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
I have Gastlys with the following egg moves: Disable/Perish Song/Psywave/Grudge...are any of these useful in the long run for a Gengar ?

The two gastlys I put in the daycare have both 5 31Ivs in the same stats...yet they still have 4 31 IVs babies...why ?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I have Gastlys with the following egg moves: Disable/Perish Song/Psywave/Grudge...are any of these useful in the long run for a Gengar ?

The two gastlys I put in the daycare have both 5 31Ivs in the same stats...yet they still have 4 31 IVs babies...why ?

Disable is useful on Gengar, but none of the other moves are.

You're getting 4 IV babies because the Destiny Knot only carries down 5 IVs BETWEEN the two parents. Therefore, it can choose the missing IVs from the parents and pass those down. You can even get 3 IV and 2 IV babies. 3 IV is possible when the RNG chooses the two missing IVs from both parents, and 2 IVs happen because it the game can choose the same IV twice, freeing up another one to be randomly generated.

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
The thing is both parents have a IV spread of: 31/X/31/31/31/31...How can they pass two non-flawless Ivs ?

KillerDraco

The thing is both parents have a IV spread of: 31/X/31/31/31/31...How can they pass two non-flawless Ivs ?

5 IVs get passed through Destiny Knot, and the 6th is randomly generated. However, which 5 IVs the Destiny Knot passes on is randomly determined; if the imperfect IV (in this case, attack) is inherited, the other 4 EVs that are inherited will be perfect, and the 6th will be randomly generated. Hence they are guaranteed to have 4 perfect IVs. 5 IVs is still likely, but not a guarantee.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
The Destiny Knot passes on a combined total of 5 IVs between the two parents. They are passing on their Att and the one left over that gets randomly generated is generating as non-perfect.
EDIT: ninja'd