• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Nulava

Banned

SilverCharizard

Should be the last one for today. (hopefully)

When i get the ivs checked out how will i know which ones are "perfect"

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
Should be the last one for today. (hopefully)

When i get the ivs checked out how will i know which ones are "perfect"

The NPC in Kiloude PokéCenter will say something like your Pokémon having Attack that can't be bested, or something along those lines. It'll say that line for every stat that is maxed. Likewise for IVs that are at their absolute minimum, he'll say for example that your Pokémon's Defence is really bad.

SilverCharizard

I managed to get the dittos that i needed to iv train. The only thing is there not really the natures that im looking for. Is it going to be a pain to get the iv on the pokes then get them to the natures that i want them to have?

Mye

Someone has to win..
I managed to get the dittos that i needed to iv train. The only thing is there not really the natures that im looking for. Is it going to be a pain to get the iv on the pokes then get them to the natures that i want them to have?

If you can get the natures on the pokemon you want to breed, then have them hold an everstone/breed them with a ditto, it should work like normal.

Nulava

Banned

If you can get the natures on the pokemon you want to breed, then have them hold an everstone/breed them with a ditto, it should work like normal.

Adding to this:

Synchronize is a useful ability to have in case you want a certain Pokemon with a desire nature. If a Pokémon with Synchronize is leading the party, there is a 50% chance that wild Pokémon encountered will have the same Nature as the Pokémon with Synchronize.

Pokemon With The Ability Synchronize
~Abra
~Kadabra
~Alakazam
~Mew
~Natu
~Xatu
~Espeon
~Umbreon
~Ralts
~Kirlia
~Gardevoir
~Munna
~Musharna
~Elgyem
~Beheeyem

Hope this helps. :)

SilverCharizard

Adding to this:

Synchronize is a useful ability to have in case you want a certain Pokemon with a desire nature. If a Pokémon with Synchronize is leading the party, there is a 50% chance that wild Pokémon encountered will have the same Nature as the Pokémon with Synchronize.

Pokemon With The Ability Synchronize
~Abra
~Kadabra
~Alakazam
~Mew
~Natu
~Xatu
~Espeon
~Umbreon
~Ralts
~Kirlia
~Gardevoir
~Munna
~Musharna
~Elgyem
~Beheeyem

Hope this helps. :)

That helps alot. Thanks

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
So, which cafe in the Southern Boulevard of Lumiose City do I get a Ralts in a Trade?

Curvee

|-PokemonMaster-|
Hello everyone~ !! I had a question concerning the legendary trio Yveltal/Xerneas/Zygarde, has it been confirmed yet whether it was possible to encounter them as shiny in-game via soft resetting or are they truly locked~ ?? o ^ o; I recently saw a picture of what their shiny form looks like and I feel quite perplexed by that...I mean it would be a serious shame If people like hackers were allowed to get them simply by entering some code while legit people like us wouldn't even be allowed to get them through hard-determined hunting because of some lock in the games programming...

In any case small ranting aside I would really appreciate If someone could lighten me up about this~ !! Thank you very much in advance to anyone who took a bit of their time to answer my question. <3

Nulava

Banned
Hello everyone~ !! I had a question concerning the legendary trio Yveltal/Xerneas/Zygarde, has it been confirmed yet whether it was possible to encounter them as shiny in-game via soft resetting or are they truly locked~ ?? o ^ o; I recently saw a picture of what their shiny form looks like and I feel quite perplexed by that...I mean it would be a serious shame If people like hackers were allowed to get them simply by entering some code while legit people like us wouldn't even be allowed to get them through hard-determined hunting because of some lock in the games programming...

In any case small ranting aside I would really appreciate If someone could lighten me up about this~ !! Thank you very much in advance to anyone who took a bit of their time to answer my question. <3

The Mortality trio have been confirmed to being Shiny-Locked.
The images of the trios shiny forms are from people who hacked them into the game.

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Thanks, Nulava and Milennin. I just beat the Elite Four, and I'm about to start hunting the Mega Stones, but before I do that, where in Lumiose City am I suppose to talk to Professor Sycamore? I tried his lab opposite of the poke center but he wasn't there.

Murder Doll

Button Presser
Thanks, Nulava and Milennin. I just beat the Elite Four, and I'm about to start hunting the Mega Stones, but before I do that, where in Lumiose City am I suppose to talk to Professor Sycamore? I tried his lab opposite of the poke center but he wasn't there.

To start hunting mega stones you have to visit him by the sundial in Anistar City between 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM.

You can only do this after you beat your rival in Kiloude City (who also can only be challenged after you do some battles in the Battle Maison).

To answer more directly to your question however, there isn't a place (in relation to megastones) in Lumiose City that you have to visit him.

Last edited:

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
To start hunting mega stones you have to visit him by the sundial in Anistar City between 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM.

You can only do this after you beat your rival in Kiloude City (who also can only be challenged after you do some battles in the Battle Maison).

To answer more directly to your question however, there isn't a place (in relation to megastones) in Lumiose City that you have to visit him.

Awesome. How many battles in Battle Maison, exactly?

Treasurepanda

I have a few questions

1. Why do they show offline people on the passerby section on the pss? I just wanna know whos online, not offline. Thats so pointless.

2. When the passerby thing scrolls can they see my shout out or my profile message? They all ask to trade but then show random pokemon that arent events or shinies.

3. When you hatch unowns, do they randomly hatch as the alphabet or does it only hatch a certain one? Like if I put an E unown in the daycare, would I only get e unowns?