• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Amacitare

Ninja Cat
Egg Moves can be remembered in XY only. TM moves from previous generations cannot be relearned, and Move Tutor moves cannot be relearned. Also, if you evolve a Pokemon, it can no longer relearn moves that it can only learn in its previous evolutionary stage. An example of this is Eevee and Sylveon. Sylveon cannot relearn Baton Pass, even if it used to know it, because it can only be learned by Eevee. But Egg Moves CAN be relearned, no matter what evolutionary stage the Pokemon is at.

I have a question branching off of this. I have a Ferrosseed with Stealth Rocks, Spikes, and Leech Seed. I think two of those are Move Tudor (B/W) moves. It says it is from Kalos (Has the mark). I traded for this a while ago.
1. I can't breed down the moves correct?
2. Is this hacked?

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Is there a list somewhere of how pokemon behave in -Amie? For example, all pokemon that don't eat pokepuffs.

There are pokemon that don't eat pokepuffs...? I know they don't eat when they're full but they have to eat no matter what far as I know, anyways, you can check this This will tell you where they like being petted.

I have a question branching off of this. I have a Ferrosseed with Stealth Rocks, Spikes, and Leech Seed. I think two of those are Move Tudor (B/W) moves. It says it is from Kalos (Has the mark). I traded for this a while ago.
1. I can't breed down the moves correct?
2. Is this hacked?
It's legit, all those are egg moves learned through breeding.

Amacitare

Ninja Cat

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Why? The pupal stage doesn't eat either and Shedinja is a husk. It does not need food.

What is weird is how pokémon without mouths can eat (Xerneas, I'm looking at you gorgeous!)

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Why? The pupal stage doesn't eat either and Shedinja is a husk. It does not need food.

What is weird is how pokémon without mouths can eat (Xerneas, I'm looking at you gorgeous!)

They're still alive, and anything alive needs nourishment to survive, so without mouths they still need to be fed. That's why it's weird.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
They're still alive, and anything alive needs nourishment to survive, so without mouths they still need to be fed. That's why it's weird.
Shedinja's not technically alive...being a ghost and all.

And maybe the cocoons get nourishment similar to plants. Simple plants are alive and don't have mouths and eat.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Shedinja's not technically alive...being a ghost and all.

And maybe the cocoons get nourishment similar to plants. Simple plants are alive and don't have mouths and eat.

Yeah, I thought about that too, but this is a video game and we're talking about Pokemon-Amie where they should be able to be fed, (Even if it appears like magic, eating without mouths). Also, I don't think of "Ghost type" pokemon as dead. Who would they be the ghosts of then? nobody.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Still wondering if anyone knows a list of all the pokemon that don't eat in -Amie. Thanks for the links, but neither had what I'm looking for.

KamenAeons

Demon Legion (◕‿◕✿)
Still wondering if anyone knows a list of all the pokemon that don't eat in -Amie. Thanks for the links, but neither had what I'm looking for.

All I know and guarantee is that Spewpa cannot eat, nor can the Regis. There are obviously more, but *shrug*.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Hmm, spewpa I wasn't sure of personally, but good to know. Hoping to learn of others.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Having a bit of a problem here~ hopefully someone has the answer.

The girl that gives the ribbons every day of the week, isn't doing it anymore. Why would that be?

Treasurepanda

Okay my fiance is trying to get a marill with belly drum

He catches a poliwhirl
He has a marill
He puts both in the daycare

He wants the move belly drum from poliwhirl to be passed down

So does the marill have to be female and the poliwhirl male?
And how do you pass down egg moves?
We tried before and it didnt work at all.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Okay my fiance is trying to get a marill with belly drum

He catches a poliwhirl
He has a marill
He puts both in the daycare

He wants the move belly drum from poliwhirl to be passed down

So does the marill have to be female and the poliwhirl male?
And how do you pass down egg moves?
We tried before and it didnt work at all.

The Marill has to be female, the egg always comes out to whatever the female is. As for egg moves both parents can pass it down, but you'd likely need the male to have the Belly Drum since you want it on a marill offspring.

Treasurepanda

The Marill has to be female, the egg always comes out to whatever the female is. As for egg moves both parents can pass it down, but you'd likely need the male to have the Belly Drum since you want it on a marill offspring.

Thanks so much :)
He got one ^^

Treasurepanda

I have a fee questions

Can someone give me a simple list of moves that hit all pokemon in hoard/double/triple battles?
Please no links to anything
All I can think of are these:
Earthquake
Surf
Dazzling gleam

And my 2nd question is how do I see my battle videos I saved

Last edited:

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
I have a fee questions

Can someone give me a simple list of moves that hit all pokemon in hoard/double/triple battles?
Please no links to anything
All I can think of are these:
Earthquake
Surf
Dazzling gleam

And my 2nd question is how do I see my battle videos I saved
The list of moves that hit all Pokemon (NOT including status moves):
* = affects everyone in doubles/multis/triples

Acid
Air Cutter
Blizzard
Boomburst*
Bubble
Bulldoze*
Dazzling Gleam
Disarming Voice
Discharge*
Earthquake*
Eruption
Explosion*
Glaciate
Heat Wave
Hyper Voice
Icy Wind
Incinerate
Land's Wrath
Lava Plume*
Magnitude*
Muddy Water
Parabolic Charge*
Petal Blizzard*
Powder Snow
Razor Leaf
Razor Wind
Relic Song
Rock Slide
Searing Shot*
Self-Destruct*
Sludge Wave*
Snarl
Struggle Bug
Surf*
Swift
Synchronoise*
Twister
Water Spout

And you simply just access the Vs. Recorder in your Key Items to view your battle replays.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Still wondering why the lady that hands out ribbons daily and rotates through a few hotels isn't giving me them anymore~ Is it a one deal thing or something?

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?
The list of moves that hit all Pokemon (NOT including status moves):
* = affects everyone in doubles/multis/triples

Acid
Air Cutter
Blizzard
Boomburst*
Bubble
Bulldoze*
Dazzling Gleam
Disarming Voice
Discharge*
Earthquake*
Eruption
Explosion*
Glaciate
Heat Wave
Hyper Voice
Icy Wind
Incinerate
Land's Wrath
Lava Plume*
Magnitude*
Muddy Water
Parabolic Charge*
Petal Blizzard*
Powder Snow
Razor Leaf
Razor Wind
Relic Song
Rock Slide
Searing Shot*
Self-Destruct*
Sludge Wave*
Snarl
Struggle Bug
Surf*
Swift
Synchronoise*
Twister
Water Spout

And you simply just access the Vs. Recorder in your Key Items to view your battle replays.

Maybe specify that the moves with asterisks by them affect every pokemon on the field (including your teammates) but the ones without only hit the enemy pokemon.