• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

LLR

Vivillon Trader
Hi,
I have pokemon y, and I was just wondering if it's possible to transfer pokemon from y to black/white or black 2/white 2

No. The transfer app with Bank is one way. Black/White, or Black/White 2 to Bank to X/Y.

naonator

if i save pokemon in the pokemon bank then restart my pokemon y will i be able to send the pokemon in my pokemon bank to my new game?

Nulava

Banned
if i save pokemon in the pokemon bank then restart my pokemon y will i be able to send the pokemon in my pokemon bank to my new game?

Yes you can.

Treasurepanda

How to I put a link in my signature to my shop

Like it'll say pandas trade shop in my signature then when you click it you will end up at my trade shop with the link I used

Treasurepanda

Skep

Shiny Seeker
I know the chances of finding a shiny through Pokeradar chaining are 1/200 if you're on a chain of 40, so what would my chances be if I were to just stop on a chain of 30? Would they still be pretty high?

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
I know the chances of finding a shiny through Pokeradar chaining are 1/200 if you're on a chain of 40, so what would my chances be if I were to just stop on a chain of 30? Would they still be pretty high?

Chances increase the higher the chain goes, they just max out at a chain of 40. So yes they're still pretty "high". Using the word "high" loosely since it's still 1 in a couple hundreds.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
What's the easiest way to get more Leftovers? I heard the only way is to get a LV100 pokemon that knows Pickup and run around and just hope you get one.

Trading for it in the item trade thread. Other than Pickup or doing Wonder Trade/ GTS and praying the pokemon has it.

Regiultima

Rises with Magnetism
I'm looking for the perfect Smeargle setup for catching Yveltal (IV resetting). Here's what I have so far for options (moves with a * are necessary)
-False Swipe/Hold Back*
-Spore*
-Heal Block
-Gastro Acid
-Swords Dance
-Soak
-Recover

Which two moves should I use with False Swipe/Hold Back and Spore?

KamenAeons

Demon Legion (◕‿◕✿)
I'm looking for the perfect Smeargle setup for catching Yveltal (IV resetting). Here's what I have so far for options (moves with a * are necessary)
-False Swipe/Hold Back*
-Spore*
-Heal Block
-Gastro Acid
-Swords Dance
-Soak
-Recover

Which two moves should I use with False Swipe/Hold Back and Spore?

I'm pretty sure Heal Block can't stop Oblivion Wing, and Soak can't help much either. Gastro Acid is useful for weakening Dark Moves, but I'd suggest Recover and Swords Dance.

Hope it helps!

Regiultima

Rises with Magnetism
I'm pretty sure Heal Block can't stop Oblivion Wing, and Soak can't help much either. Gastro Acid is useful for weakening Dark Moves, but I'd suggest Recover and Swords Dance.

Hope it helps!

I will take your advice, but I do have side notes. First, Heal Block completely prevents it from using Oblivion Wing (self-confirmed). Second, Soak is better than Gastro Acid since it removes the 50% STAB as opposed to the 33.33% Dark Aura boost. Again, thanks for the help but I just wanted to clarify some stuff.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
I will take your advice, but I do have side notes. First, Heal Block completely prevents it from using Oblivion Wing (self-confirmed). Second, Soak is better than Gastro Acid since it removes the 50% STAB as opposed to the 33.33% Dark Aura boost. Again, thanks for the help but I just wanted to clarify some stuff.

Then seems to me like you yourself know what moves you have to use...

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
4MSS was the main issue and I wanted some extra input on what to forego.

Well I dont think you need Recover for one, you can use items in the fight and you'd use up the same turn anyways, not to mention recover wont fully heal your pokemon sometimes while the right recov item can. As for SD, you'd take longer bringing him down, but the main problem is him healing once you have him at 1 HP.
Take a quick ball, throw it round one, and just start throwing Dusk Balls/Ultra or something.

But the Soak/False Swipe/Heal Block/Spore seems like it should be just that.