• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

BrianOnLineID

Is there a section of the forums were I can ask about team building? I know that there is the super training thread and the rate my team section, but I would like to ask about how to build a good competitive team.

GravityStorm

Got it memorized?
Is there a section of the forums were I can ask about team building? I know that there is the super training thread and the rate my team section, but I would like to ask about how to build a good competitive team.
You're looking for the Competitive Rate My Team forum here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?209-Competitive-Rate-My-Team
There are RMT subforums for 6th gen as well as older gen teams. Otherwise you can check out the general competitive forum for discussion of specific pokemon and strategies or of the metagame in general.

Amacitare

Ninja Cat
I'm casually looking for desired/cool Smeargle combos. Can you guys recommend some or point me towards a webpage?
To clarify, I don't need competitive movesets, just fun things/useful in game. Thanks!

The one I am working on currently has
1. Happy Hour
2. Pay Day

Is there any other move that increases Money/Exp or something from a battle?

Last edited:

BrianOnLineID

Natural rain is random, but there's usually some rain somewhere.

Just Fly around until you find it.

Answering this, all Routes beyond Lumiose City (except Routes 20-22) all have a chnace of having natural Rain.

EDIT: Booting up my X, it seems Routes 9 and 10 have Rain on my file now as well so those too I guess.

Rain is very common on Routes 14 and 19, and usually on Routes in between those, so try those first.

Thanks! :) Sorry for the stupid question, I just wanted to know if there were any special 'tricks' or 'triggers' for it. But when I switched on my game this morning it was raining in Ambrette Town, so it seems it really is just a matter of random luck. I got my Goodra in the end though, so it's all good. :D

Natural

I'm casually looking for desired/cool Smeargle combos. Can you guys recommend some or point me towards a webpage?
To clarify, I don't need competitive movesets, just fun things/useful in game. Thanks!

The one I am working on currently has
1. Happy Hour
2. Pay Day

Is there any other move that increases Money/Exp or something from a battle?
I'll try and think of some fun smeargal combos. As for payday and happy hour. Try equipping him/her with the amulet coin

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Hey hey? Can you guys tell me a good move set for my sylveon and chesnaught? Thanks

sylveon.gif

Sylveon @ Life Orb
Ability: Cute Charm
Nature: Modest/Timid
EV: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Moon Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Ground

chesnaught.gif

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
- Spikes
- Synthesis
- Hammer Arm
- Leech Seed / Stone Edge

That was just a quick search, I'm sure there are better possible move sets/builds.

Uhh, but my chesnaught ability is overgrow and the move set : seed bomb, hammer arm, stone edge and shadow claw. Is it good?
And my sylveon ability is cute charm and the move set : psyshock, shadow ball, moon blast and dig. Any suggestion?

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Uhh, but my chesnaught ability is overgrow and the move set : seed bomb, hammer arm, stone edge and shadow claw. Is it good?
And my sylveon ability is cute charm and the move set : psyshock, shadow ball, moon blast and dig. Any suggestion?

You asked for a good one, I gave you a good one.
You also ask "any suggestions?", yeah, I suggest the ones I posted before lol~
But if you want more people to give you advice go to the places that Wulava said, or for specific pokemon: go here.

PS: Bulletproof >>>>>>>>> Overgrow

Mye

Someone has to win..

yeah, about half those moves are completely unusable on said pokemon. Aran had it right, sorta. I would personally use hyper beam over moonblast as when boosted by pixilate it can obliterate a ton of things, as shown below

252+ SpA Sylveon Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 153-180 (47.2 - 55.5%) -- 74.6% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 310-366 (95.6 - 112.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Sylveon Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 194-230 (38.4 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 396-468 (78.5 - 92.8%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Sylveon Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Goodra: 144-170 (37.5 - 44.2%) -- 1.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Goodra: 290-344 (75.5 - 89.5%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
On a side note~
A question about Pixilate (and other such abilities)
Do Hidden Power keep their Type, or with them being Normal, does the Ability (Pixilate) interfere and change it to Fairy?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
On a side note~
Do Hidden Power keep their Type, or with them being Normal, does the Ability (Pixilate) interfere and change it to Fairy?

Hidden Power can never be Normal.
They will always change it to Fairy.

Mye

Someone has to win..
On a side note~

Pixilate has no effect, and hidden power can never be the normal (or fairy type) thus preventing it from working like that.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
I mean Normal, in terms that it's category is "Normal", not that the damage is normal. Since that's what Pixilate takes into account.
(Example: Hyper Beam & Quick Attack are Normal Type, that get converted to Fairy with the aid of Pixilate)

But thanks, that answers my question. Despite being normal Type, the damage category of Hidden Power remains unchanged to whatever type it is (Pre or after Pixilate)

DannyDark

Breeding question! New to breeding and was wondering... can the 5 IVs passed down (With Destiny Knot) be all from one parent? I'm doubtful but confirmation would be nice!

Mye

Someone has to win..
http://www.serebii.net/xy/breeding.shtml

Another new feature is the furthering of IV transfer. Previously, when the parent Pokémon had power items attached, it guaranteed the transfer of one of the IVs, while several IVs were guaranteed to pass down. However, as of X & Y, if you have one of the parents hold the Destiny Knot item, then 5 IVs total from either parent will be guaranteed to be transferred

From what it suggests, you can get 5 IVs from a single parent.

Having carefully tracked this in my own game, I can confirm that it is possible for the 5 IVs passed via Destiny Knot to all come from the same parent. It may not be very likely, but it can happen.