• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
In A horde battle is there anyway (attack, Ability etc) to find out which one has a HA?

Actually, there is a way. If you get a Pokemon with the move Entrainment or Skill Swap, you can use that move on each Pokemon in the Horde to find out which one has an HA, if any. Audino is a good choice for this because of her massive HP stat, so she can take all of the hits while you use Entrainment.

Since were talking about the Shiny charm, which pokemon can be ignored for completion?

Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus, Victini, Genesect, Meloetta, Keldeo.

Basically any Pokemon that requires an event to get it.

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Since were talking about the Shiny charm, which pokemon can be ignored for completion?

Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, Jirachi, Manaphy, Phione, Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus, Victini, Meloetta, Keldeo, Genesect, Volcanion, Diuancie, and Hoopa are not needed.

Also, yes, Phione is needed, I don't know where my head was with that, I suppose Phione's Legendary controversity makes the whole thing rather confusing [best Legendary 0w0].

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Actually, there is a way. If you get a Pokemon with the move Entrainment or Skill Swap, you can use that move on each Pokemon in the Horde to find out which one has an HA, if any. Audino is a good choice for this because of her massive HP stat, so she can take all of the hits while you use Entrainment.

Thank you. That is just what I wanted to hear.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Oh, right, forgot about the above.

Anyway, though, if it fails agaisnt a Durant in a Durant Horde, it also means that that is the one with it's HA, as Truant can't be Skill Swapped.

Which is weird since it can be forced on others through entrainment. o_O

Thanks, I forgot to ask: the markings you see when you check your pokemon, I noticed people have been using them to highlight which stats are flawless, I'm not saying it's always for that purpose, but is everyone following a specific standard as to which mark corresponds to which stat?

I'll second Isamu's statement that people use it for whatever they want. However, I have been using the markings to highlight perfect stats corresponding to the order that stats are listed in the games.

Why is the character's mom white if the player has chosen a different skin color?
It's a good question. No guarantees as to what the answer is, though.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
Hi. If you reset your Pokemon X/Y game, will your friend safari change?
Cause if It does, I'd like someone to check my safari. Thanks :)

Resetting your game doesn't change your safari. But you can't get to it until you defeat the E4 again.
Hard formatting your DS will change your safari.

Resetting your game doesn't change your safari. But you can't get to it until you defeat the E4 again.
Hard formatting your DS will change your safari.

Thanks. this will probably be a dumb question but what is Hard formatting the DS?

Edit: Oh found it out. Thanks!

Last edited:

BCVM22

It's completely resetting and reformatting the system back to factory specs. Not something one should be doing arbitrarily.

Hopsin

Funk Volume
I have

Tyrunt |Ball: Pokeball |Gender: Male | SHINY | Nature: Adamant |Lvl. 1 |
Ability:Strong Jaw | OT: Skulper| ID#: 51937 | Moves:Dragon Dance, Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang |
| IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Perfect) | Capable of taking hits |

and says got From:a Link Trade
Where:Lumiose City

I got it from someone in a trade so they might have got it int he city or hatched it etc.... why is the link trade part there? could it have been traded as an egg or is it a hack and says link trade due to that reason?

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
What you could do is battle with someone while having that Tyrant in your team and once the battle is finished
save your battle video and upload it online. If it will give you a error the Tyrant is indeed Illegal and haxxed.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
That Tyrunt is most likely is a shiny hatched from an egg obtained through a trade, I assume it came from someone who abused the TSV method to get shinies, which involves trading an egg to the correct person so that person can hatch it as a shiny.

The summary has always says "link trade" for Pokemon hatched from egg obtained in a trade, it's not just a Gen 6 thing.

DannyDark

Aron and Phanpy... not sure where to put the EVs.
Both definitely getting max attack EVs, both Adamant nature and both are 5IV missing special attack.
I figured they're too slow for there to be any point putting EVs into speed and Phanpy has ice shard anyway... so I was thinking SpDef? So yeah, need help with where to put remaining EVs please!

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Aron and Phanpy... not sure where to put the EVs.
Both definitely getting max attack EVs, both Adamant nature and both are 5IV missing special attack.
I figured they're too slow for there to be any point putting EVs into speed and Phanpy has ice shard anyway... so I was thinking SpDef? So yeah, need help with where to put remaining EVs please!

Helpful places/sites:

www.Smogon.com - type on the search bar any pokemon you're looking info on.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?617743-Super-Training-EV-IV-Thread - Training questions

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...e-Thread-Read-the-Rules-and-Follow-the-Format - Have one or two pokemon rated/ask questions about.

piemaster924000

Finals make me cry
This sounds stupid...but is there a hidden power fairy? Have hackers found the formula? does it exist? plz tell me it exists

Dreis

Has the Enigma Berry from the May Challenge been made available yet? Cannot seem to find anything on it.