• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Murder Doll

Button Presser
The blue hexagon is a symbol used to show that a pokemon was caught, bred, or initially received in Kalos, the shapes are used by breeders to mark which of their pokemon's IVs are the perfect 31, they're used in descending order so if the first to the left is marked than health is perfect and so on.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
The blue hexagon is a symbol used to show that a pokemon was caught, bred, or initially received in Kalos, the shapes are used by breeders to mark which of their pokemon's IVs are the perfect 31, they're used in descending order so if the first to the left is marked than health is perfect and so on.

The Shapes are just a Fan "standard." Other players may use it for other things. For example, My 4 Generation Living Dex system, basicly tells me which Pokémon is for the which game is for that games living Dex.

Tangeh

Yeah, the markings can be used for anything. Generally speaking they are indeed used by breeders to mark perfect IVs, but it's good to double check if you use the pokemon for breeding or battle purposes.

Nixoth

Ace Trainer
So my question is, do gen 6 pokemon such as froakie, hawlucha, honedge, etc. have a lower chance to occur shiny than other pokemon? I ask this because i am currently doing MM to get a shiny froakie, and am at about 5,000 eggs so far and have not obtained a shiny yet! I have the shiny charm too, and any other pokemon i try to hatch results in a shiny after about 100 eggs. I have hatched gen 6 shinies before but it took about 1,000 eggs so this leads me to suspect that either gen six pokemon have lower shiny odds or i am just that unlucky...

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
So my question is, do gen 6 pokemon such as froakie, hawlucha, honedge, etc. have a lower chance to occur shiny than other pokemon? I ask this because i am currently doing MM to get a shiny froakie, and am at about 5,000 eggs so far and have not obtained a shiny yet! I have the shiny charm too, and any other pokemon i try to hatch results in a shiny after about 100 eggs. I have hatched gen 6 shinies before but it took about 1,000 eggs so this leads me to suspect that either gen six pokemon have lower shiny odds or i am just that unlucky...
No, Gen 6 Pokemon have the same odds of becoming shiny as any other Pokemon.

Nixoth

Ace Trainer
No, Gen 6 Pokemon have the same odds of becoming shiny as any other Pokemon.

Yeah thats wat i thought. I guess i am just that unlucky....well i will just keep at it then

E.Ko

I just got to Kiloude City, and it says my rival should be there to battle before I can upgrade my Mega Ring, but they're not there. Anything else I need to do first to unlock this, or is it a specific time of day?

E.Ko

I saw on the main Serebii website somewhere that pokemon in the No Egg breeding group are captured with 3 perfect iv's, but I just caught a ditto and the judge says its only decent, with just one ok iv. Is that info wrong, or does it only apply to the ones caught in a friend safari?

SurrealistSmeargle

I saw on the main Serebii website somewhere that pokemon in the No Egg breeding group are captured with 3 perfect iv's, but I just caught a ditto and the judge says its only decent, with just one ok iv. Is that info wrong, or does it only apply to the ones caught in a friend safari?
Ditto isn't in the 'Pokemon that can't breed' egg group, which the 3IVs thing applies to. Ditto is in the 'Ditto' egg group, and as such is not subject to the '3 31IV stats' condition.

E.Ko

Aha, thanks, I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention!

masterbreeder42

Beast Ball-catching Legend Wiz
In one of the Friend Safaris I have collected, the Pumpkaboo all seem to be the same size. Are the sizes of the Pumpkaboo different depending on the Friend Code? If not, will having a Pokemon with the ability Compound Eyes at the front of my party help find a Super Size? (I think it might, since only the "Huge" Pumpkaboo hold Miracle Seeds)

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
In one of the Friend Safaris I have collected, the Pumpkaboo all seem to be the same size. Are the sizes of the Pumpkaboo different depending on the Friend Code? If not, will having a Pokemon with the ability Compound Eyes at the front of my party help find a Super Size? (I think it might, since only the "Huge" Pumpkaboo hold Miracle Seeds)

It has nothing to do with the friend code. All Pumpkaboo from the Friend Safari are Average-sized, unfortunately.
Heck, even I learned this the hard way because I tried to find a Super-sized Pumpkaboo with Insomnia, but after spending hours on that search and no Super-sized ones showed up, I gave up.
I had to confirm for myself if it's possible to obtain it, and it turns out it's impossible to get one. Someone correct me, if I might be wrong.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
It has nothing to do with the friend code. All Pumpkaboo from the Friend Safari are Average-sized, unfortunately.
Heck, even I learned this the hard way because I tried to find a Super-sized Pumpkaboo with Insomnia, but after spending hours on that search and no Super-sized ones showed up, I gave up.
I had to confirm for myself if it's possible to obtain it, and it turns out it's impossible to get one. Someone correct me, if I might be wrong.

The offpsring Pumpkaboo is always the female's size. If you breed a male Pumpkaboo with Ditto, it carries down the male's size. Therefore it's impossible to get anything but an average-size Insomnia Pumpkaboo :(