• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

SilverCharizard

On the main screen the pokemon tab has a blue circle on it. Can anyone tell me what that means?

E.Ko

Battle Maison question: if my pokemon is holding a power herb, does it get restored after every battle in a streak, even if it is used, or will I need to replace it?

gamer_legend

Battle Maison question: if my pokemon is holding a power herb, does it get restored after every battle in a streak, even if it is used, or will I need to replace it?

It can be used once per battle in the Battle Maison before it's restored (same in Wi-Fi Battles).

On the main screen the pokemon tab has a blue circle on it. Can anyone tell me what that means?

It means you have an O-Power (temporary effects granted to you after super training). Usually they give you the ability to do stuff like get rarer Pokemon over Wonder-Trade easier for one trade.

Tangeh

It means you have an O-Power (temporary effects granted to you after super training). Usually they give you the ability to do stuff like get rarer Pokemon over Wonder-Trade easier for one trade.

...? O-Powers don't have anything to do with either super training or the blue icon on the main 3DS screen. They also don't help you with wonder trading (I don't think anything like that exists)...

http://www.serebii.net/xy/opowers.shtml

The blue circle on any game on the 3DS main screen means that SpotPass data has been downloaded automatically from Nintendo. In Pokémon XY I believe these are just Holocaster updates.

SilverCharizard

I have seen several people have a bamboo hat on their avaitar. I looked on the main page and it only saids gift. Can anybody tell me anything else about it or how to get it?

Ryuken

Steel User
I have seen several people have a bamboo hat on their avaitar. I looked on the main page and it only saids gift. Can anybody tell me anything else about it or how to get it?

In found a small guide in how to obtain it with a simple 5 second search:
http://youtu.be/72FyWySanKY

Long story short, talk to the girl in Kiloude city near your rival, wear the required clothes, and you will easily obtain it.
Keep in mind you need to have beaten the Elite 4 + Champion before doing this.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus

In the northern part of Kiloude City, there is a girl who requests to see a colorful outfit. Talk to her whole wearing colorful clothing and she will give you the panda hat. I might be wrong but I think this only works if you're playing as a male character.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
In the northern part of Kiloude City, there is a girl who requests to see a colorful outfit. Talk to her whole wearing colorful clothing and she will give you the panda hat. I might be wrong but I think this only works if you're playing as a male character.

If you are a girl in the game you get a pink party dress.
If you are a boy then you get the panda hat.

X2koda

Dragon Keeper
What multi hit moves like dazzling gleam can these pokemon use (also if theyre tms where can I get them):

Lunatone
Pyroar
Machamp
Meowstic

Because im ev training atm

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
What multi hit moves like dazzling gleam can these pokemon use (also if theyre tms where can I get them):

Lunatone
Pyroar
Machamp
Meowstic

Because im ev training atm

Lunatone: Rock Slide, Explosion, Heal Block, Magic Room, Blizzard, Earthquake, Bulldoze;, Light Screen, Reflect, Rain Dance, Safeguard
Pyroar: Incinerate, Bulldoze; Rain Dance, Sunny Day
Machamp: Earthquake, Bulldoze, Rock Slide; Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Light Screen, Quick Guard
Meowstic: Quick Guard, Helping Hand, Light Screen, Reflect, Misty Terrain, Trick Room

TMs:

TM11: Sunny Day - Lumiose City PokeMart
TM14: Blizzard - Anistar City PokeMart
TM16: Light Screen - Kiloude City PokeMart
TM18: Rain Dance - Lumiose City PokeMart
TM20: Safeguard - Shalour City PokeMart
TM26: Earthquake - Route 22
TM33: Reflect - Kiloude City PokeMart
TM59: Incinerate - Battle Maison Prize
TM64: Explosion - Battle Maison Prize
TM78: Bulldoze - Lumiose City PokeMart
TM80: Rock Slide - Couriway Town
TM92: Trick Room - Coumarine City

E.Ko

Could someone explain, or point me towards a guide for breeding for specific hidden powers?

ghettobomb

Not sure if anyone has had this issue, but have looked on the net and nothing. I recently just bought a used copy of pokemon x and it said the file was corrupted so i reset it and started a new game but it crashes as soon as the fletching hits the character. any help would be appreciated

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Not sure if anyone has had this issue, but have looked on the net and nothing. I recently just bought a used copy of pokemon x and it said the file was corrupted so i reset it and started a new game but it crashes as soon as the fletching hits the character. any help would be appreciated

Sounds like you bought a defective cart.

ltck

Shiny Sniper
Not sure if this goes here, but I couldn't really find anywhere else to post. >>; It's more about outside influences of the game.

Anywhooo... It's been ages since I've been on serebii or really in any online pokemon forum. So I come back to check out some of the trade threads, and I've noticed a TON of people asking specifically for KB pokemon and stuff. Obviously there are still people willing to accept things outside of that, but how does that affect event pokemon from previous gens (e.g. event pokes from pokemon cafe, anniversary, dream world events etc.)? Is there still a demand at all for those, or are most people iffy about accepting those due to there being a possibility that they've been generated by a cheat device?

I've been poking around the trade thread (and I could just be missing something), but I haven't really seen much selection as far as event pokemon goes. .-.

TL;DR: are event pokemon from previous gens worth anything, or are they, for the most part, obsolete?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, just curious!

gamer_legend

Not sure if this goes here, but I couldn't really find anywhere else to post. >>; It's more about outside influences of the game.

Anywhooo... It's been ages since I've been on serebii or really in any online pokemon forum. So I come back to check out some of the trade threads, and I've noticed a TON of people asking specifically for KB pokemon and stuff. Obviously there are still people willing to accept things outside of that, but how does that affect event pokemon from previous gens (e.g. event pokes from pokemon cafe, anniversary, dream world events etc.)? Is there still a demand at all for those, or are most people iffy about accepting those due to there being a possibility that they've been generated by a cheat device?

I've been poking around the trade thread (and I could just be missing something), but I haven't really seen much selection as far as event pokemon goes. .-.

TL;DR: are event pokemon from previous gens worth anything, or are they, for the most part, obsolete?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, just curious!

That's alright buddy. The demand for KB Pokemon is largely due to the fact that thanks to the new mechanics of the game all Pokemon are given 4 Perfect IV's and thanks to the Destiny Knot you can transfer them from parent to child incredibly easily and thanks to Ditto and the Everstone breeding perfect Pokemon for EV's or Shinies is incredibly easy. As for Event Pokemon they do have value and if they're the right ones players will want them (I still lol at the fact my Shadow Lugia hasn't changed it's moveset at all since being purified). Players will always want them but it always is subject due to circumstances like which legendaries and what regions.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
That's alright buddy. The demand for KB Pokemon is largely due to the fact that thanks to the new mechanics of the game all Pokemon are given 4 Perfect IV's and thanks to the Destiny Knot you can transfer them from parent to child incredibly easily and thanks to Ditto and the Everstone breeding perfect Pokemon for EV's or Shinies is incredibly easy. As for Event Pokemon they do have value and if they're the right ones players will want them (I still lol at the fact my Shadow Lugia hasn't changed it's moveset at all since being purified). Players will always want them but it always is subject due to circumstances like which legendaries and what regions.

The demand for Kalos Born Pokemon is because they're the only Pokemon that can be used in tournaments, in addition people have some misconception that they cannot be hacked. It really has nothing to do with their stats.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
So I can only get dream world abilities in friend safari if the person I got it from is online? Is that true? Kinda a gyp if i is.

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
So I can only get dream world abilities in friend safari if the person I got it from is online? Is that true? Kinda a gyp if i is.

You can get hidden abilities from someone's FS if they're offline. You just need to have been online at least once at the same time as that person (and they need to have beaten the E4) for their third Pokémon and hidden abilities to show up.

Ryuken

Steel User

Only the first time, while you discover the 3rd pokemon, after that, he is no longer required to get online anymore.
Note that you both have to be online at the same time for it to work at first.